Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Do you really care about your weight?

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

Infi
[ Display Name History ]

Infi

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,438 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I'm 5'10" and weigh 150 pounds. I would actually prefer to gain more weight and bulk up, but it's just not happening for me >_>
Posted Image
99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Schutzengel
[ Display Name History ]

Schutzengel

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I don't care about my weight. What matters to me is being healthy.

marcustullius
[ Display Name History ]

marcustullius

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 178 posts

Loving the irony of this post

FunPhish
[ Display Name History ]

FunPhish

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • RSN:Cr1msonTide
I sure do. I'm 6'1-167 pounds and I'm in pretty good shape. Overall though I'd love to add more muscle, I've gained close to 20 pounds since this time last year so i'm on the right course, but i've sort of hit a peek recently. As far as fat people go..man, I don't get it. when you hit 200, you know it's getting bad, at 250 it's unacceptable, how you get beyond that I don't know. Fat people are a strain on society and our health care system, get off your lazy ass. Beyond Parter-Willie syndrome and thyroid problems there are NO excuses for being fat. keep in mind, I eat as unhealthy as any other 20 year old, but I EXERCISE. You don't have to starve yourself or live off of diet foods, you just have to be a little active. Yeah it's harder for some people than others, but when is that ever an acceptable excuse for anything?

andufusthebronze
[ Display Name History ]

andufusthebronze

X-TET

• Members
  • 2,528 posts
I am one of those people that are hated for the fact that they can eat whatever they want without gaining weight.
However, I am conscious of my diet. Just because I'm gaining weight doesn't stop me getting spots, and I DO care about my general appearance.
Posted Image

Orpheus
[ Display Name History ]

Orpheus

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,783 posts

Weight does play a part in being healthy, although extra pounds aren't what kills you usually, it's the fat buildup causing arteries to fail. And that's not a good thing.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Ouchy
[ Display Name History ]

Ouchy

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,365 posts

Weight does play a part in being healthy, although extra pounds aren't what kills you usually, it's the fat buildup causing arteries to fail. And that's not a good thing.

Which comes from eating bad food, which of course makes you fat and unhealthy.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

Posted Image

Star_Fox
[ Display Name History ]

Star_Fox

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,971 posts

^Agreed.

Body weight and healthiness does go hand in hand in most cases BUT not all the time. A man who's 7 ft tall should weigh about 250 pounds. To most people,
250 pounds is a lot. You won't think that a girl who's only 5 foot 4 inches and weighs 250 pounds is as healthy as the latter. If weight
is originating from body fat, it is usually more "unhealthy" than weight originating from height or (maybe) muscles.

aspeeder
[ Display Name History ]

aspeeder

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,083 posts

^Agreed.

Body weight and healthiness does go hand in hand in most cases BUT not all the time. A man who's 7 ft tall should weigh about 250 pounds. To most people,
250 pounds is a lot. You won't think that a girl who's only 5 foot 4 inches and weighs 250 pounds is as healthy as the latter. If weight
is originating from body fat, it is usually more "unhealthy" than weight originating from height or (maybe) muscles.

Indeed, that's why the BMI is very flawed, it only takes height and weight into account not body fat content or muscle mass. Besides, generally a healthy body fat percentage is anywhere from the low twenties to the mid thirties depending on your age/sex. Also, I can pretty much eat whatever I want and not gain any weight, and I'm around 5'6" and 130 lbs.

Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

Jeffwilson99
[ Display Name History ]

Jeffwilson99

Sheep love astroturf kiwi fruit sandwiches egg noodles rabbits

• Members
  • 4,232 posts
Well it may be flawed, but it is only a guide, it doesn't prevail over common sense.
Posted Image

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,009 posts
What's the "optimum" range of BF% for [ectomorph] guys? I'm sure if it gets low enough to a certain point it's dangerously unhealthy, just like if it's too high.

77yLQy8.png

258ForLife
[ Display Name History ]

258ForLife

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:258 for life
  • RSN2:Matt258
I don't. I haven't gained any weight since 2006. I eat the same foods everyday so I don't have any High Calories gained so not gaining any weight. Vegetarians FTW!!
Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers
Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!
Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!
0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii
I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,523 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
I used to be underweight till like a year ago. 4 years ago I weighed 50 kilos, now 80. I am 197 cm's tall aswell though, so BMI is right at 20. I do have a really weird body shape though...
As it goes for me, I wouldn't say no to some extra kilos, maybe even 15 kilos of fat could be added, cause right now I can see nearly all my ribs and push my hands beneath my ribcage...
Posted Image

Pianokid13
[ Display Name History ]

Pianokid13

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:13 Kid 13
I care about my weight and I think we all should because there is nothing good about being overweight or obese. As far as muscle, I would like to gain more. I'm not skinny or muscular, just slim.

Tec106
[ Display Name History ]

Tec106

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • RSN:Tec106
  • Clan:lol wat do
I don't care about the looks part. I think anyone who obsesses over weight for that reason is pretty shallow. On the other hand, I do think it is worth at least keeping note of your weight and work out schedule from a health standpoint.
Posted Image

Are you a modern man?

The fact that nobody understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.

Hawks
[ Display Name History ]

Hawks

The Goalie

• Editorial Panel
  • 3,963 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Hawk0078
This is actually a really interesting topic. I am 5'6" and about 170lb. I am not the most athletic person out there, and yeah, I'd like to lose about 10 pounds. I make it through life pretty well, when I need to be athletic I am, and I've found a sport I love and can continue to play throughout life, so I'm not concerned about dropping dead or anything.

aeternitatis
[ Display Name History ]

aeternitatis

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • RSN:SeekReality

Irony? You are uninformed.
You can eat healthily and do regular light exercise, which I'm sure is how you perceive "being healthy," but you can also eat healthy foods and lift weights, gaining muscle mass (weight.)
It's quite simple. Adding or losing weight doesn't have to mean fat.

I "care" about my weight because I'm trying to gain muscle mass at the moment. I maintain a healthy diet and try (usually successfully :lol: ) to avoid fast food and other crap.
Posted Image

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

Ouchy
[ Display Name History ]

Ouchy

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,365 posts

I don't care about the looks part. I think anyone who obsesses over weight for that reason is pretty shallow. On the other hand, I do think it is worth at least keeping note of your weight and work out schedule from a health standpoint.

How is it shallow? What's wrong with having some self pride and wanting too look good?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

Posted Image

Duff
[ Display Name History ]

Duff

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
6'2", 180 lbs.

I definitely care about my weight. I've been 180 for like, 4 years now. My sister teased me about gaining the freshman 15 when I went off the college. There was no way in hell I would let that happen.

I'm also very self conscious about how I look. I want to look good for whoever I end up marrying, more on their behalf than on mine. I don't ever want my wife to look at me and think to herself (because she doesn't want to be mean and say something) I wish he would work out more and lose some weight. Because I don't want her in that position of keeping that opinion to herself. I'd rather she not have that opinion at all.

I know it may sound shallow, but I wouldn't want my wife to suddenly start bad eating habits and gaining weight (unless she's pregnant, heh), and I wouldn't be able to tell her basically "Hey honey, could you eat healthier and lose some weight?" And because I'm worried about that, I'm going to make sure the same won't happen to me.

:???:
Posted Image
| My Tumblr |

Guest_Rob_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_Rob_
  • Guests
6", 143lbs during the "heaviest" part of my day. I'm probably one of the lighter people for my height. Most people I know who are shorter than me are a bit heavier than I am. I don't care about it too much, but I get concerned once I hit the 146-147 mark or so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users