Do you really care about your weight?

Star_Fox

tif people are ugly as [bleep].

joke@

im a bit under weight for how tall i am, but i dont care much about it.

i couldnt imagine being fat, i would probably hate it :/ just cuz moving around would be wierd.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only recommendation is to look through tip.it's real-life picture topic so you can see first hand what other users do look like.

I've never looked at it, but I'm going to guess that that thread isn't an accurate representation of TIF.

Of course it's not the most accurate as not everyone has posted pictures of themselves but it's the only proof of what the community looks.

tFtfA.jpg

My only recommendation is to look through tip.it's real-life picture topic so you can see first hand what other users do look like.

I've never looked at it, but I'm going to guess that that thread isn't an accurate representation of TIF.

Aren't you exaggerating a bit by assuming most on TIF are overweight and they are somehow lieing by saying they are not? :shades:

Final1.jpg

He wasn't assuming most people on TIF are overweight. He's pointing out something perfectly reasonable: the real life pictures thread isn't an accurate representation of all TIF users.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Aren't you exaggerating a bit by assuming most on TIF are overweight and they are somehow lieing by saying they are not? :shades:

I'm assuming that the majority of people who would feel comfortable posting their body pictures online would be people who are within a healthy weight range. In that sense, the people in the pictures thread would be quite different from the entire TIF user base and it would be a horrible reference

Already said it probably, but w/e.

I care about my weight as my body type is probably the only good thing sexually I have towards women (since I've NEVER been complimented by other means like, nice haircut, smile) aside from below.

On that note though, I dont wanna turn into a fitness freak like many others I've seen, I just wanna keep my body healthy but slim. After all, Summer's only 3-4 months off.

Popoto.~<3

I find it funny when people say they're underweight and can not put on weight even if they wanted to. :---)

Start eating 3000 kilocalories/day. And no it doesn't count if you get the calories from soda and chocolate. Eat lots of protein, whole grain and start working out, going to gym. After 6 months come to me saying you haven't gained any weight.

Back to the topic :D I'm 180lbs, slightly overweight, of course there's extra fat to get rid of, but I also got muscles. It doesn't bother me really, especially now because I've lost 11lbs during this summer anyway, I'm much more comfortable with myself and how the clothes look on me and stuff. \:D/

Neppgggg.png

I don't care about my weight, but I do care about my figure.

I found a panda and then we bought malt liquor. I hold my malt liquor better than a panda.

And I thought my weekends were good. ._.

I somehow typed up a little rant. Here it is:

I care less about my weight itself – it’s more about the mental and physical wellbeing, which involves my physique.

A common misconception is that to live and eat healthily is too ‘hard’ - but it really isn’t. Whilst radical changes of the diet to become the equivalent of rabbit feed are overdoing it, eating a diet purely consisting of junk food will do the body no good either. Small changes make the biggest differences – you’re less likely to give it up.

A healthy diet doesn’t have to consist purely of salads, tofu and fruits – it could be as simple as choosing fruit juice instead of soda, or fish instead of beef. Eating healthily is simply a matter of choice – do you want to feel more physically active?

Eating healthily doesn’t have to be expensive or disgusting either – there are plenty of dishes that are nutritious and tasty, like steamed or grilled fish for instance. It provides plenty of protein, essential fatty acids and its low in saturated fats – an example of cheap fish would be Pollack, or Bream. What about vegetables? Eat frozen – it’s cheaper, and probably higher in nutrients (arguable, depending on the supplier). Buying in bulk saves money, and you don’t need to buy organic to eat healthily. Invest in a good freezer and a steamer – it’s worth it.

Instead of reaching for the soda, try fruit juice (not the store bought stuff, fresh juice made at home), or water, or tea (not the English stuff with lots of milk and sugar, things like Jasmine tea). Arguably, soda is one of the most unessential calories you could get.

What about exercise? You don’t have to sign up at an expensive gym to exercise – even walking counts. Walk to school or work if it’s close or cycle if it’s a little further. Why waste the money on fuel? Perhaps consider doing a sport if you’re not already, or even martial arts.

In the long term, you may even save money by living healthily because of the reduced health implications in the future.

Whilst a big change is great, small changes are a good place to start. Figure out what’s stopping you changing your unhealthy habits - all it requires is the will to change.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm 5' 10" and for the majority of my life (middle school thru high school) I've alwasy been mildly overweight, like enough to where I'm uncomfortable with my body, but I never really tried to lose it. I mean in high school I was on my schools swim team and I worked out everyday, but I never really went anywhere- I guess I balanced it out by eating a [cabbage] ton of junk food at the time or something. Anyways, about... 9-ish months ago, around Jan I guess, I met someone and (without them trying to change me or anything) I like felt the need to lose weight, surprisingly it was super easy! I was around 175-180 all thru high school and up until my weight loss journey I suppose. But I found it quite easy to lose weight, especially when I wasnt doing it just for myself.

It was weird in the beginning because I was always kind of embarrased when my mom would see me working out or know that I was trying to eat differently, idk why really. But yeah, after awhile I wasnt doing it so much for this other person but for myself, which I guess is better anyways lol. But I guess for the majority of my life I didnt really care too much what I looked like, I mean i was never really morbidly obese.

But in conclusion (:P), I managed to get down to 145ish (fluctuate around that) and I feel great, I didnt think losing it would do that much to me but I mean my back doesnt hurt nearly as much as it used to and I (just recently realized) havent had any fits or whatever of sleep apnea that I used to as well. I feel great now, i feel more confident, idk- maybe all I needed to do was lose weight all together YEARS ago. Idk. But yeah, thought I'd contribute to this discussion :P

Omg-1.jpg

Pk_i_n_y_o_u.png

I met someone and (without them trying to change me or anything) I like felt the need to lose weight, surprisingly it was super easy! I was around 175-180 all thru high school and up until my weight loss journey I suppose. But I found it quite easy to lose weight, especially when I wasnt doing it just for myself.

Funny how that works, eh? Its damn good motivation having a lady friend and wanting to get in shape for her.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

This would be so much easier to comprehend if you guys used metric measurements more often. :P

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Well, you're educated enough, aren't you? Make the conversions.

It's quite simple really, a quick google search and you're done.

Or you could mentally do it. I do it for practice.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Weight and height of a person are the only things that I use the imperial system for. Saying 'I'm 76 kilograms and 182 centimetres' just sounds wrong.

Same here, for some reason.

Anyway, on topic, I am currently 6'1" and am 275lbs, yet I don't look as if I'm heavy like that, people say. Is it true or not, I will never know, but picture in hide tags lets you judge if I really look like that. Right now I'm doing what I can to lose some weight, mainly for health reasons. I do not have any disease or anything, but I am losing so that I will not tend to be sick in the future. I have almost never been sick whatsoever (apart the yearly flu). Lost 20lbs so far this summer, just by changing the way I eat, and not eating after 8 at night. I now have more energy and take walks often. I also started going to the gym not too long ago, and am thinking about takling P90X, see if I am able to do it. I am aiming for 200 and I have a friend that motivates me to do it because he was able to. He went from bigger than me to below average weight. Having more energy helps as well, but now I am starting college again for a new course (already have graduated in computer programming, and worked in the domain for a while). I don't know yet if it will make things easier, but they have a free gym which should be fun to go to.

[hide]No you still can't put a face on my display name lol

I took a trip to PEI this summer, awesome bridge.

21kmgx1.png[/hide]

All that to say: For now, yes weight matters for me, but not for look or self esteem reasons.

Yeah I do, I'm 5'10 and I weigh 140 :/ I want to weigh less as well.

Why? For your height that seems fine.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

On one hand, I want to physically look good because I want attention from girls.

But on the other hand, I kinda want to say, "Screw girls" and just spend my time playing video games and longboarding.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I do care about my weight I suppose, but its never been something I need to worry about. The more I eat the more energy I have, and the more exercise I get. If I'm not active, I don't get hungry, and I don't eat nearly as much. I guess I don't have any compulsion to eat (unless I am watching TV), to which helps.

I met someone and (without them trying to change me or anything) I like felt the need to lose weight, surprisingly it was super easy! I was around 175-180 all thru high school and up until my weight loss journey I suppose. But I found it quite easy to lose weight, especially when I wasnt doing it just for myself.

Funny how that works, eh? Its damn good motivation having a lady friend and wanting to get in shape for her.

Lady friend

Omg-1.jpg

Pk_i_n_y_o_u.png

On one hand, I want to physically look good because I want attention from girls.

But on the other hand, I kinda want to say, "Screw girls" and just spend my time playing video games and longboarding.

Wouldn't long boarding make you fit to an extent though?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg