Clue Scroll Reward Pts. System!

When this idea popped into my head I thought it was great!!! Seeing how I have not gotten much support(either because people think this system replaces the grand rewards you get with only pts--YOU ARE WRONG!). Lost my thread so I will just keep this open as an idea or a suggested thing for how people feel of Clue Scrolls and/or possible Clue Scroll Updates.

This gives you pts that you can redeem along with your usual random item and large sum of gold. These Rewards can be used to improve your next clue scroll. Even morph it into something better or lower. Ultimately increasing your monetary gain or decreasing it. Each Reward has a steep price, but only you can choose what that price is.

-Saiga Tatsumi

I have been looking for quite some time for something new of an idea to write about... And then When I logged onto Tipits I found someone was commenting about clue scrolls I posted on there about an alternative of an idea because I thought of something better. So I hurried back to writing and came up with this whole new idea for Clue Scrolls. Yes to unlock this feature will require some sort of quest to be completed(much like Smokin' Kills--which unlocked Slayer Rewards). I designed this idea to fit with all kinds of players weak skillers and noobs and the higher troubled gamblers sort as well as the occasional tough challenging adventurer!

So Now I am looking for two things: ONE someone come up with a quest that unlocks this and TWO I NEED SUPPORTERS FOR THIS IDEA AND THE QUEST!

~CLUE SCROLL REWARD SYSTEM~

The only thing that will change if this comes to life is that quests will not only reward items and cash, but also points.

Lvl I->25 Points

Lvl II->50 Points

Lvl III->100 Points

Lvl IV->200 Points

-Upgrade Clue Scroll->Raises the Level of the Clue Scroll.

-Downgrade Clue Scroll->Lowers the Level of the Clue Scroll.

-Clue Shift->Randomly Transforms the Level of the Clue Scroll.

-Low Clue Shift->Randomly Transforms the Level of the Clue Scroll, but with a Higher Chance of it becoming Level I or II.

-High Clue Shift->Randomly Transforms the Level of the Clue Scroll, but with a Higher Chance of it becoming Level III or IV.

-Increase Reward Potential->More Difficult Challenges added equals more expensive loot.

-Decrease Reward Potential->Less Difficult Challenges subtracted equals less expensive loot.

-Increase Clue Chance->Increase the Chance at getting a Clue Scroll at the cost of a Significantly Lower Reward.

-Decrease Clue Chance->Decrease the Chance at getting a Clue Scroll at the cost of a Significantly Higher Reward.

-Safe Clue Alterations->Alters your Clue Scroll for a More Safer set of Clues at the cost of a Lower Reward Potential.

-Dangerous Clue Alterations->Alters your Clue Scroll for a More Dangerous Set of Clues at the cost of a Higher Reward Potential.

-Pre-Emptive Alterations->You may sacrifice your Reward of Clue Scroll Point Rewards for the completion of a Clue Scroll for a Higher Reward Potential.

-Final-Emptive Alterations->You may sacrifive your Rewards for a Higher Clue Scroll Point Rewards yield Potential(by a multiplier of 2.5X)--In Exchange upon completion you would make 75% of what you would make in GPs off of the Tradeable Items(You can only do this if you have not taken Pre-Emptive Alterations and if you are on your last Clue in your Clue Scroll).

-Bronze Package->Gives you a Higher Chance at getting a Level I Clue with no Reward Consequences and with a 1X Higher Reward Potential.

-Silver Package->Gives you a Higher Chance at getting a Level II Clue with no Reward Consequences and with a 1.5X Higher Reward Potential.

-Gold Package->Gives you a Higher Chance at getting a Level III Clue with no Reward Consequences and with a 2X Higher Reward Potential.

-Platinum Package->Gives you a Higher Chance at getting a Level IV Clue with no Reward Consequences and with a 3X Higher Reward Potential.

-Package Shift->Randomly picks which clue perk you recieve: Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum. And a 50%/50% Chance you will Recieve an Additional .1X-1.5X Multiplier Added.

-Speedy Clue->Hastens the Speed of finishing a Clue Scroll by removing the Longer Easier/More Annoying Clues.

-Clue Exchange->If you are too lazy to complete a scroll or just want to move onto a higher-grade of clue scroll you may choose to sell the clue scroll. So that you may receive a fraction of Clue Scroll Reward Points from it as a Salvaging Measure. However, you can only do this when you have not read the First Clue in the Clue Scroll.

~Clue Exchange~

I->2.5 Pts.(3)

II->5 Pts.

III->10 Pts.

IV->20 Pts.

Upgrade Clue Scroll

I->-

II->25 Pts.

III->50 Pts.

IV->100 Pts.

Downgrade Clue Scroll

I->2.5 Pts.(3)

II->12.5 Pts.(13)

III->25 Pts.

IV->-

Clue Shift->15 Pts.

Low Clue Shift->30 Pts.

High Clue Shift->60 Pts.

Increase Reward Potential->20 Pts.

Decrease Reward Potential->15 Pts.

Increase Clue Chance->5 Pts.

Decrease Clue Chance->10 Pts.

Safe Clue Alterations->25 Pts.

Dangerous Clue Alterations->50 Pts.

Pre-Emptive Alterations->15 Pts.

Final-Emptive Alterations->15 Pts.

Bronze Package->400 Pts.

Silver Package->600 Pts.

Gold Package->800 Pts.

Platinum Package->1,000 Pts.

Package Shift->Varies depending on how many Clue Scrolls you can do a Week and how long it takes, but by default it starts off at 200 Pts.

Speedy Clue->50 Pts.

Peace Homies! Photographer by Day! Sword Saint by Night!

[qfc]185-186-454-62808773[/qfc]

It seems good, but I like the easy, simple way it is now. People will find something to rage about under this system; why go through that hassle. And it takes away the "treasure hunt" feel of the clues.

Thanks! Personally I hate how its run no matter how the clue is lvl 2, 3 , or 4 it keeps sending me to the Wilderness I like my clues Dangerous but still safe Im stuck doing lvl 1s and they are a complete pain to do. Ultimately I have completely stopped doing them until a change comes to them.

-Saiga Tatsumi

Thanks! Personally I hate how its run no matter how the clue is lvl 2, 3 , or 4 it keeps sending me to the Wilderness I like my clues Dangerous but still safe Im stuck doing lvl 1s and they are a complete pain to do. Ultimately I have completely stopped doing them until a change comes to them.

-Saiga Tatsumi

Wild clues aren't dangerous... It's your own fault that you're stuck doing level 1s and I doubt very many people share that feeling.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

And besides, its not even risky in the wilderness anymore.

The wilderness wasn't risky before, even when revenants were around being honest.

revs were more annoying than pkers tbh

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

It has always been very risky I am a PvM-Based Player with not a single combat 99. I can get anywhere in Rs in 2 mins. though :)

It has always been very risky I am a PvM-Based Player with not a single combat 99. I can get anywhere in Rs in 2 mins. though :)

So are a lot of people and we still don't think it's dangerous.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Well if you have anythign close to my stats you be dead in a heart beat or im just a noob either way clue scrolls are a waste of time.

-Saiga Tatsumi

in a nutshell, you're trying to mimic LSP for PvM kills done by a team? I personally don't think the idea is a bad one if the implementation is carefully thought out (natural decay of points, for instance...). I suppose the one fallacy in comparing the two is that LSP is meant to distribute an already obtained drop fairly amongst all that contributed (by dishing out potential) while clues are pure luck. My own stance on the issue is that clues are just a complete waste of time though, and don't pay off at all (elites barely are worth the time investment).

On the vein of clue scroll rewards, I think a better solution would be to increase the probability for better rewards while decreasing the drop rates of clues to begin with. Honestly, they're such a common drop that it makes no sense to expect great loot.

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

Well when I was a member I would have to go through 50 blk drgs to get one lvl 3 clue so you tell me lolz.

-Saiga Tatsumi

so you want more from clues because your too lazy to be arsed with the more challenging and therefore more rwarding ones....? :wall:

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

The only reason people don't seem to like this idea, is because there's no reason to really fix the clue reward system we have. It's not broken, so why bother?

I'm not implying anything to say its broken, nor am I saying there isn't a need for improvement on what is or isn't broken. Even if something is broken or fix there is always need for improvement.

-Saiga Tatsumi

• 2 weeks later...

I like the way clue scrolls are now and I simply don't think it's worth the hassle. If you don't want to do something difficult, you hunt for a lower level clue. The lower the level, the easier to do, but the smaller likelihood of a great reward.

I'm not an efficienado.