01-Jun-2011 - Behind the Scenes - June

helring

>>loyalty points based on time played

>>suddenly thousands of bots bankstanding

Given that loyalty rewards are probably gonna be untradable I don;t see it being a huge bot market

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they introduce microtransactions, which I'm more against than for anyway.

That underlined/bold is exactly what they want to do, they've mentioned it loads of times before.

Really? I've never heard them mention it before, care to link me a source?

I don't have a source, but I believe Jagex once considered implementing micropayments under Iddison's lead.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

Hopefully the loyalty program will just give points for every month you buy of membership or something. In that case people with long term subscriptions are just getting points casually, and I guess they could look at it as "Well members gives tons of other benefits, I doubt a new item slot and items would worry anyone", but it does seem a bit sticky and odd :S .

Looking forward to the quest as an avid fisher, depending on how they carry out that D&D it should be ok also :thumbsup:

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

That underlined/bold is exactly what they want to do, they've mentioned it loads of times before.

I don't have a source, but I believe Jagex once considered implementing micropayments under Iddison's lead.

Iddison era sources don't count though because he did a crap load of game ruining money maker schemes they they complete back pedalled and tore out after getting rid of him rather quickly. I mean he was only there for like a year! And of that year the most notable thing would of been the gnomecoptor advertising and the other become a member! things from clicking members stuff in f2p.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Was excited when I saw the new item slot, but now to get items for this slot you have to be a loyal member?

More uber items for people who think they are good for playing for 10 years :thumbdown: ?

Or even worse, items for paying more money.

I'm seeing j-coins being used to buy emotes and new items here -.-

Your just saying that because the only wealth you have was "harvested" from short playing.

I like the idea of Auras provided you shouldnt pay those silly J-Coins. Also, Quest sounds great.

Before its said:

Jag-Co Store!

250px-Backpack_Mann_Co._Supply_Crate.png

Popoto.~<3

Iddison era sources don't count though because he did a crap load of game ruining money maker schemes they they complete back pedalled and tore out after getting rid of him rather quickly. I mean he was only there for like a year! And of that year the most notable thing would of been the gnomecoptor advertising and the other become a member! things from clicking members stuff in f2p.

He can never provide sources to what Jagex supposidly say, funny. What you believe and what's actually going on, are more often than not completely different.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

That's certainly true. While I believe MMG has better intentions and cares more for the game itself than Iddison ever did, however, I don't think he'll pass on the opportunity to generate more revenue through micropayments if he believes he can implement them without too much backlash from the community. So long as they only offer cosmetic items (at least in the beginning), I believe there's a possibility that Jagex will be able to get away with it. This is all assuming that they intend to introduce micropayments, of course, and I sincerely hope I'm mistaken.

He can never provide sources to what Jagex supposidly say, funny. What you believe and what's actually going on, are more often than not completely different.

I don't have a source because Iddison was replaced years ago.

'Not the easiest thing finding an old source when you're not quite sure where to even start looking. :mellow:

Fey_Wanderer.png

I'm not sure whether it was in-game or forums, but I've definitely heard of it, I also know they want to do it for their next MMO as well.

Divine Spirit Shield ©

Same thing as normal divine shield

-Can't drop

-Can't destory

-Can't take into wild

-Kept on death, like diary rewards

-Vanishes 168 hours after time of purchse

Costs 500 Member credits (5 days)

Though I don't think the time it lasts/cost would be right, just an idea

Ooh, another idea

Custom Teleport

Make a teleport to any place in the game that isn't instanced or a boss area

Requires 50 law runes to tele to and 90 magic

Costs 5 credits per-use

Or something

I just am against the idea of items that actually are unique and worth a lot being able to be bought for money. Hats, sure. Real stuff, no

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Loyalty points to me sounds like membership. For every month of consecutive membership you'll get a set amount of loyalty points which you can use to buy stuff.

That's just my opinion anyway.

This makes the most sense to me, I was just pondering it myself.

I could see it being (if its not flat rate):

first 2 months = nothing

3 - 6 months gets x points a month

6 - 12 gets 2x points

1 yr - 2 yrs gets 3x

2 yrs+ gets 4x

so more loyalty = more reward

And rather than being microtranscations which I really dont think LOYALTY rewards suggest. It would actually be down to being loyal and incentivise longterm membership

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Alright. Seriously.

Jagex is so horrible at communicating, it's ridiculous.

Is this the implementation of microtransactions or not??? Some damn clarification is needed. I feel like it is, based on their hesitant wording and the fact that they seem all too eager to focus on how it will be for "loyal" members... aka the ones who have money they're willing to throw at a game to get the best stuff.

I really hope it's not... and the sad thing is, the alternative might be just as bad. I can't think of a single way that a "members loyalty program" could be a good thing. New auras! But only after you link your account with your facebook page... and then buy 100 or more j-points!

If the item slot is only cosmetic it's a massive update waste, and if everyone's loyalty starts on "0" from the update, I'm gonna be so pissed off. This is actually the worst BTS I've seen in a LONG time.

+1

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

somewhere on facebook the said that you get loyalty points for the time that you are member so no microtransactions.

Before the release of these buffing items, therell be two other updates in which youll have to overcome some imposing obstacles: a sea monster in our newest master quest, and a troll invasion in a new distraction and diversion. i think that they mean that the first two updates are the quest and troll thingy and then the auras get updates so that should be the third week.

From RuneScape's Facebook:

Mitchel : i hope this doesn't do a: Modern Warfare 3 where you have to pay "more" money to get more content that will be [cabbage]

RuneScape: ‎@Mitchell don't worry we won't make you pay anything extra. The loyalty program just takes into consideration how long you have been a member. It's nothing to do with micro-transactions, it's just some veteran benefits. ~Keildest

Well I guess that's something. :roll:

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Mitchel : i hope this doesn't do a: Modern Warfare 3 where you have to pay "more" money to get more content that will be [cabbage]

RuneScape: ‎@Mitchell don't worry we won't make you pay anything extra. The loyalty program just takes into consideration how long you have been a member. It's nothing to do with micro-transactions, it's just some veteran benefits. ~Keildest

Huzzah!

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Thanks for letting us know. :thumbup:

Fey_Wanderer.png

JaGex knows that even though people are stomping their feet in protest that no one will cancel their members when this happens. There are tons of younger kids who are willing to blow loads (heh) of cash on this. All the people who buy and sell cash/accounts/items have proven that there are plenty of people willing to buy RS items.

It's never the popular decision but people will deal with it and keep playing.

Personally I think it's in the top 5 worst updates ever. Probably at the second spot behind removing free trade.

4e0Vn.png

That's certainly true. While I believe MMG has better intentions and cares more for the game itself than Iddison ever did, however, I don't think he'll pass on the opportunity to generate more revenue through micropayments if he believes he can implement them without too much backlash from the community. So long as they only offer cosmetic items (at least in the beginning), I believe there's a possibility that Jagex will be able to get away with it. This is all assuming that they intend to introduce micropayments, of course, and I sincerely hope I'm mistaken.

I don't have a source because Iddison was replaced years ago.

'Not the easiest thing finding an old source when you're not quite sure where to even start looking. :mellow:

Sorry Rien, that wasn't aimed at you. I was applying that statement to what 3Hitu was saying, not you. It's always a case from said person that "Jagex said this", when there's never any proof to back it up and it generally never happens. My apologies, ily Rien.

And [bleep] yes, thanks for the quote above clarifying that it's not micro-transactions.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

HURRAY!!!

"In the portuguese BTS it gives more info : "Accumulating points is easy. You will receive Loyalty Points each month of membership. The amount you receive will increase over time, based on the period that you are an existing member. Players who accumulate points, but discontinue their accounts, receive fewer points the next time you sign. But do not worry, you can still build up again."

M3DO.png

Mamiću odlazi!