Top 5 Worst People of All Time

sees_all1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Himmler was much worse than Hitler in a lot of ways.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

1. Adolf Hitler

2. Fidel Castro

3. Ho Chi Minh

4. Chiang Kai-shek

5. George Bush

Why do you have castro up so high?

1. Stephenie Meyer

2. Hitler

3. Stalin

4. George W Bush

5. Alexander Seropian or whoever it was that refused the offer by Peter Jackson to do a Halo movie.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

1. Karl Marx

2. Hitler

3. Stalin

4. Mao

5. Kemal araturk

I understand some people's opinion of Stalin/Mao and other Communist dictators like Castro, but why Marx?

That's like saying someone like Hobbes was responsible for all the deaths caused by the revolutions to overthrow feudalism.

Staurolite.png

1. Karl Marx

2. Hitler

3. Stalin

4. Mao

5. Kemal araturk

I would put Marx as first on the most influential people in modern history list (maybe a couple much older people could beat him out, religious figures), but what he did wasn't bad, just how people interpreted it and what they did with it.

1. Generic Dictator

2. Generic Dictator

3. Generic Dictator

4. Host of an America news show.

5. Someone within the American Government

Doing it right.

I was hoping this thread would evolve into more of a who was worse: Ran Min/Genghis Khan/Scipio Aemilianus/other ancient genocidist or Hitler/Stalin/Mao/other modern genocidist. Alas :(

I also expected quite a bit more anti-American sentiments to surface in this thread. There were a couple lists that included W (lol) and O'Reilly (lolier) but for the most part there weren't that many. Especially considering what we did to the Native Americans, Filipinos, and Vietnamese.

"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell

"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

TrueBeaversafe.gif

Who is on your list, and what was your criteria?

I'll post my thoughts later.

[hide=idea came from]

A middle school put a section in their yearbook, "Top 5 Worst People of All Time."

Their list was as follows:

1. Adolf Hitler

2. Osama bin Laden

3. Charles Manson

4. George W. Bush

5. Former Vice President Richard Cheney

(story here: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/national/yearbook-causes-controversy-afer-it-names-george-w-bush-in-list-of-worst-people-of-all-time )

EDIT: darn censor.

[/hide]

Am I the only one who's surprised middleschoolers know who Charles Manson is?

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Hitler>Stalin because he has a more negative impact on the world. In other words, he's pretty much more famous. While they both did horrible things, when I think of the 5 worst people of all time, Hitler stood out to me first.

I would go so far as to say a lot of Americans don't know who Stalin is

Who is on your list, and what was your criteria?

I'll post my thoughts later.

[hide=idea came from]

A middle school put a section in their yearbook, "Top 5 Worst People of All Time."

Their list was as follows:

1. Adolf Hitler

2. Osama bin Laden

3. Charles Manson

4. George W. Bush

5. Former Vice President Richard Cheney

(story here: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/national/yearbook-causes-controversy-afer-it-names-george-w-bush-in-list-of-worst-people-of-all-time )

EDIT: darn censor.

[/hide]

Those kids didn't vote for anything, they gleaned the list off the interwebz.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Oh wow, I thought for sure I'd come home to a torrent of hate from my choice of 1 and 2.

You guys make me proud sometimes.

I don't feel like getting into a heated argument on how you should think. :wink:

♪♪ And I'm not done

I'm surprised the board members of Goldman Sachs isn't on anyone's list.

They acted stupidly and without sufficiently careful consideration, not evilly (and even then, people have done far dumber things then misinterpret extraordinarily complicated financial instrument's riskiness). As such they don't fall anywhere near a "worst people" list.

Someone posted the list of the top murderers, by their own hands, and I was faintly amused that the UK has spots right at the top! Harold Shipman has got to be one of the worst murderers ever.

I'm not doing the whole 'evil' thing because it's frankly the same list everyone else posts unless you put some unfunny public figure in.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I don't think the Goldman Sachs thing was a mistake, nor the dot com bust, or any other financial fiascos. Just a few greedy people who want more and a government who either can't or won't regulate them.

Spectators know exactly what they're doing and don't care. Look at oil.

Tbh, I'm not that surprised. At least back when I was in middle school, sadistic serial murderers and stuff like that was "cool." Not in the sense that we all wanted to go torture and kill people but they tended to be popular subjects for reports and such. I can't tell you how many current events about the Beltway Sniper were presented.

In hindsight, that may explain some things...

"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell

"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

TrueBeaversafe.gif

My list comes from a combination of genocide and influence, along with my belief that in the future people won't remember them for their horrible deeds. This is why Hitler, Stalin, and bin Laden did not make my list, I do not believe history will be kind to them.

Timothy McVeigh

Jim Jones

Saddam Hussein

Mao Zedong

Fidel Castro

They didn't kill anyone, so here are my dishonorable mentions:

Barney Frank

George Soros

Why Barney Frank? Given my limited idea of American Politics, I would say he seemed to be a decent guy.

lampost_sig_stark.png

My list comes from a combination of genocide and influence, along with my belief that in the future people won't remember them for their horrible deeds. This is why Hitler, Stalin, and bin Laden did not make my list, I do not believe history will be kind to them.

Timothy McVeigh

Jim Jones

Saddam Hussein

Mao Zedong

Fidel Castro

They didn't kill anyone, so here are my dishonorable mentions:

Barney Frank

George Soros

Why Barney Frank? Given my limited idea of American Politics, I would say he seemed to be a decent guy.

I blame him for the policy behind the housing market collapse and the subsequent recession.

If you want some background information on him:

http://newsbusters.org/node/8119

http://biggovernment.com/jdunetz/2010/08/11/blame-barney-frank-for-the-recession-not-george-bush/

http://www.courierpostonline.com/article/20110530/OPINION02/105300309/Frank-pulls-out-all-old-cards-explain-his-friend-s-job

♪♪ And I'm not done

T-Pain.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Tbh, I'm not that surprised. At least back when I was in middle school, sadistic serial murderers and stuff like that was "cool." Not in the sense that we all wanted to go torture and kill people but they tended to be popular subjects for reports and such. I can't tell you how many current events about the Beltway Sniper were presented.

In hindsight, that may explain some things...

Well now mass murderers aren't really "cool" in any of the schools I've been to (in middle school atm) and i would say that about half the kids in my grade would not recognize the name Charles Manson, or even the Beltway Sniper.

Also our class was discussing To Kill a Mocking Bird and somehow we got into mass murderers, and our teacher brought up Timothy Mcveigh. I think three people (including myself) out of our small class of fifteen knew his name, and I was the only person who could say what he did.

The reason why all the middleschoolers here do know who these people are simple shows what kind of people post on these forums.

Dheginsea.png

I once met a man named Jesus at a Home Depot. Is this the Messiah returned at last?

And i once beat someone named Jesus in a chess game. Does that mean I'm smarter than the messiah?

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH

Maybe a president who didn't believe our soldiers were going to heaven, might be a little less willing to get them killed. ~ Bill Maher

Barrows drops: 2 Karil's Coifs (on double drop day)

92,150th person to 99 defense

Let's see...

Ghandi

Mother Teresa

Martin Luther King Jr.

Jesus

Buddha

I'm not exactly an expert in this field though.

<_<

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]