Leaving

The Observer

Each clan has had their fair share of those who decide to leave. There are also members of the clan community who have typed up a fair number of those topics as well. However, a lot of the time in the top clan world, especially when people leave for different clans, they often get flamed or ddosed.

When do you think it's fair game for someone to leave a clan?

Have you ever flamed anyone who left in one of your past/current clans?

j0xPu5R.png

I think there is no real "fair game" I say that any reason you choose be it petty or serious that is the person's own choice and their decision to leave should be respected.

I have never flamed someone for leaving a clan. More so what I have seen is people flaiming prior to leaving not so much after the fact. Actually the times that flaming happens, that I have seen have been is by the individual who has been removed from a clan.

sigre4.png
999r.png

I've never done it either. If someone doesn't have enough loyalty or has that many problems with their clan that they want to leave, then I say that clan is getting off easy if that person leaves on their own.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I think it's always fair game for someone to leave a clan.

RuneScape is a game, and you have no true responsibility or duty to stay in a clan.

I once joined a clan, and got ranked up to to a leader (which they called admins) rather fast. However power abuse on other ranks' behalf and overal drama happened quite a bit. When the person in charge didn't deal with the abusing ranks, I resigned, and pretty much told them to stick it.

They tried to get me to stay (as I apparently was the only able to keep the peace), but I denied them. Over half of the clan followed my example and moved to my own friends chat (where I had moved to).

A number of the people that left along with me and myself later got flamed by the power abusing ranks that had caused the drama. They were angry because we had seriously hurt "their community" by leaving.

I believe that I, and everyone that went with me, were completely entitled to do so. 'tis a free world.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

It's only fair game when someone truly isn't have fun. That doesn't necessarily mean the clan isn't winning, but just fun in general since that's what we all clan for. I personally never have flamed someone who has left a clan just because if they want to leave or have that urge then I don't want them in my clan.

crsigl.png

§ Crimson Raiders Veteran | skull_crossbones.gif Ex Downfall Warlord | bcouncil.gif Ex Team Vendetta Council

Whenever you stop having fun it's time to leave the clan. Those that have stuck with a clan a long time often find themselves on the outside looking in because all the people they joined with have left or moved on from RS entirely. With new people comes new philiosophy and sometimes the old people don't like the new ideas. I was in TDM for 3.5 years, when I joined there were close to 300 people and after 6 months I spoke often with at least 100 of them, and those people were really into clan warring. When I left, there were about 100 people in the clan and I spoke frequently with about 5 of them. The clan as a whole wouldn't support warring. TDM went from a clan that could occasionally pull max opts in the wildy to a clan that didn't war at all. I felt sad about leaving, but the clan just wasn't fun anymore.

No, it's a pretty stupid idea . . . if you like the person, flaming them will not make them come back. If you didn't like the person, then you should just be happy they're leaving. You're winning either way, flaming is just being a sore sport at that point.

rsd.gif

rsdb.png

124ecdx.gifFormer Admin of The Death Monkeighs124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Vengeance Council124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Eternal Honour Member124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifCurrent Runescape Dinasty Supreme Member124ecdx.gif

Personally i havent flamed anyone for leaving but there have been a few occasions where i felt anoyed by them. This tends to be due to them saying there quiting rs so leaving the clan and then leave to our rivals which is always an anoying thing. Not the fact they've left just the fact they lied. Its always fair game to leave a clan if your honest, if you lie then you can expect some flames from the imature members of the clan you left.

envy42.png

I don't usually flame people, it's their own decision if they want to leave and I'm not there to stop them. Sometimes when someone posts a leaving topic saying something along the lines of "I don't like the clan, going to find another one" when they only have a couple of posts on the forums and haven't attended any events is annoying though.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Not everyone can fit in every clan. There's no shame if you and the clan aren't compatible. I don't flame people when they leave but at the same time I'd prefer if they would at least admit their true reasons for leaving.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

When your not enjoying it anymore. You can't be blame to have no fun because this game is meant to be fun for everyone. I have indeed getting flamed before and the feeling sucks.

Note* Is this anything related to your recent leave Kevin? If so tell me so i can help you my ngro

cafq0zh5.gifElite Member of Ascension | hrkot2.gifSenior Member of Silent Ember | 3145bsw.jpgOld School of TPR

unled2hm.png

When your not enjoying it anymore. You can't be blame to have no fun because this game is meant to be fun for everyone. I have indeed getting flamed before and the feeling sucks.

Note* Is this anything related to your recent leave Kevin? If so tell me so i can help you my ngro

It did give me inspiration to make this topic and it did so far have an interesting discussion. However, it's nothing to worry about at all. I mean people leave clans all the time so it's not exactly new. :P

j0xPu5R.png

It's fair game, when that person wants to leave the clan. You play runescape to have fun, it's not meant to be a chore. If you enjoy what you do in your clan minus well and leave.

When people decide to leave my clan/team. If it's some stupid like not be able to perform well at wars. I try to encourage them and teach em the basics. But in the end of the day, i would like all of the members stay. That's simply not possible, so i hope if they decide to leave my clan/team they can find a better place.

I don't usually flame people, it's their own decision if they want to leave and I'm not there to stop them. Sometimes when someone posts a leaving topic saying something along the lines of "I don't like the clan, going to find another one" when they only have a couple of posts on the forums and haven't attended any events is annoying though.

This.

I feel like if you're going to leave a clan you should at least have the decency to be forthright and honest about why you're leaving so that any issues can be addressed.

That said, we have a chronic ragequitter/rejoiner and I flame him when he leaves.

"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell

"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

TrueBeaversafe.gif

At some point a clan will not be fun, especially when their slumping/going through a difficult time. Don't think it's right if everyone left on the basis that their not having fun. I guess every clan should really feel lucky/valued to have loyal members that would stay even through the "boring" times. That's how clans rise out of the difficult era's, when they have "those" kind of members.

I call "those" number 2's - http://forum.tip.it/topic/275921-are-you-loyal-to-your-clan-or-whats-inside-it/

Blasphemy

We choose to go...not because [it is] easy, but because [it is] hard, because that goal will serve to measure and organize the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win. ~ Blasphemien Way

29ehbtt.png

"Rest In Peace, Muelmar - A True Modern Day Hero"

What do you expect? Them to hold your hand and walk you into the next clan they want to join give em a kiss and hug and remind them to wash behind their ears?

If you're going to leave a clan you better have a good ass reason behind it and not lie about it, if you are then good bye, if not don't expect me to be nice.

6590ew.jpg

it's fair game too leave you clan, but don't lie about the reason why you leave.

2dj75ur.jpg

eunderrated.png

I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

• 3 weeks later...

When they feel they no longer wish to stay in that clan. As long as they're honest with their reason and it's a decent reason, not just "my friends have left so I'm going to follow"

On multiple occasions we've had people say they're quitting RS and then join another clan. We also had members leave while we were still deciding whether to kick them or not. On these occasions I flamed the [bleep] out of them. :twisted:

A2xdnTr.png

X2LvGU2.png

Whenever they wish to. It's their choice to leave and nothing else can dictate that. Although people may have disappointing reasons for leaving, it's up to them and they have no real obligation to staying, considering this is a game.

Yes, I have. Several times. Frankly, they deserved it. One of the people left the clan and began to crash our events. Another decided to ragequit and delete our forums because he wasn't getting a promotion. One smart cookie decided to follow the first person I mentioned because of some stupid e-relationship. And, of course, somebody left because we didn't have a PK trip on Christmas.

People have every right to leave a clan, but pathetic reasons for leaving disappoint me. Further pathetic actions against the clan result in myself flaming said person. If they show disrespect, I will too.

Corruption Council -

http://corruption-clan.com/forum

Team TKO Blitz Leader - http://tko.rs-clans.com

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Corruption or TKO Blitz.

And, of course, somebody left because we didn't have a PK trip on Christmas.

Lol, you know you've played RuneScape far too much if a PK trip is the first thing you'd want to do on Christmas.

kuru72siggy3.png

Retired on: June 30, 2010