Rumors

3PointMan

What do you do in response to rumors? Have you ever started any? Have you ever had any started about you?

Thought of this thread, because one was started about me today. Someone told someone else that I was fooling around with a girl, one of my best friends, and it kinda sucks. No one believes the truth, so all you can really do is ignore it, deny it and tell people to **** off. Only a week left of school anyway :D

What about you guys?

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

I remember high school.

Yup. Usually I just kinda sit and watch this stuff happen, this is the first time it's been directed at me. I find it mildly humorous, to be honest :P

I like to keep a low profile :P

Or in other words, I'm just not popular.

Because of that, I've rarely had rumors started about me, at least I can't remember any. But when someone tells me gossip about other people, I'll probably discuss it with them then forget about it after a couple classes. I make sure not to spread it around though, because those things spread like wildfire and sometimes can be very harmful to others :mellow:

Staurolite.png

Haha, earlier this year I ditched a day, which I rarely do. Later that day I get texts "WERE YU SUSPENDED DOOD?" Next day I get to school and these 2 freshman I've never once spoken to apparently spread a rumor that I got suspended for smoking weed on campus. I lol'd.

First time a rumor was started about me, i freaked out and did my best to stop it. Like fighting a fire with gasoline. It eventually died down. Next time it happend i just said [bleep] it and ignored it. Taught me to no care what other people thought. And if you just ignore them, they die faster.

If it involves you and another person, make sure they know whats up and if it is or isnt true.

Also, "Those who care dont matter, and those who matter dont care" forgot who said it, but i want to give them a high-five and a cookie

MyWorldHero.png

Barrows:

Verac- Helm, Brassard x 2,

Torag- Body, Hammers

Karil- Crossbow

Guthan- Body

Ahrim- Hood, Staff

Also, "Those who care dont matter, and those who matter dont care" forgot who said it, but i want to give them a high-five and a cookie

Dr. Seuss, I think.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Dr. Seuss, I think.

Awesome

Not since Middle School when some phaggot went around telling people I was jacking off in the locker room at the pool. During High School there was too much true stuff going on for any rumors about me to gain any traction. However, some of my friends were victims to rumors that we still don't let them live down, even though they're obviously fake. It probably helped that I went to a small school and was in the "popular" clique.

Edit: I also wasn't a very good target for rumors because I made it very clear throughout high school that I didn't care what people thought about me. One of my friends who was a bit more sensitive (a lot of time when we'd go drinking he'd have us all compliment him before he would start) was the target of more than a few nasty rumors. I think there's some causation there.

Edited by TrueBeaver

"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell

"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

TrueBeaversafe.gif

I heard that 3PointMan hires illegal immigrants to choke him sensually.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Has anyone seen the film Easy A? That's a film all about how rumours spread in High Schools, it's bloody hilarious.

The best part of how true it is.

What actually happened: you insulted someone heavily.

A week later, someone comes up to you: DID YOU REALLY PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE?

...No. :lol:

The only major rumour about me was that I broke someone's nose.

Though that was true. So that's probably more gossip than rumour.

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

I thought school was bad enough for rumours and gossip but after working a couple of jobs you learn that "mature" adults can be even worse than high school kids for idle gossip and rumours.

I always take rumours with a pinch of salt, more often than not they've been blown out of proportion.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I remember high school.

And to be honest college as well. I go to a very very small campus...it's worse then high school I dare say. The fraternity and sorority life dominates the campus and rumors are started all the time <_<

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

What do you do in response to rumors?

This.

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I was rumored to be gay through all of middle school and through half of high school (about 3 1/2 years total), until I surprised everyone by dating a girl. I also only found out about the rumor after it ended. :roll:

Admittedly I was close friends with an obvious gay guy, but still.

Also, said friend got suspended one day for shoving someone, and by the end of the day he'd apaprently written a story featuring most of the people in the school being killed horribly. #-o

Also, the Romans never actually crucified me.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Rumors: Spread by stupid people who are not only willing to damage someone's reputation so they can look momentarily interesting, but will spread those rumors without even thinking of seeing if its the truth, or in some cases, just plain make them up by coming up with their own conclusions.

That said, the only rumor I've heard about myself when a few years ago, someone said that I threatened to disembowel a girl. What. Thee. Fack.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Has anyone seen the film Easy A? That's a film all about how rumours spread in High Schools, it's bloody hilarious.

Haha I watched that tonight!

I've never been in much of a rumor environment. People in my middle school and high school weren't into it. A lot of scandalous stuff happened, but it was all true. So I've never had any rumors made about me, I've never started any, and I've never really witnessed any being made. At least none significant enough to remember..

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Only rumour, that I know of, that's been spread about me was when my best friend told everyone that I'd caught a tropical bug off my dad who'd recently returned from a trip to Japan, while I was off school with tonsillitis, wasn't a malicious rumour in the slightest, I just thought it was hilarious that people believed him.

Rumours in general I tend to ignore, unless they involve a person I care about, in which case I will try my hardest to get to the bottom of what actually happened.

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"