So my kid was banned!

DiRtYDeViL

Ok this is [cabbage] my kids account was banned yesterday for botting. Thing is I told her to never talk to anyone in this game for any reason because I don't want perverts hitting on her! btw she can't bot because she has no permissions on her pc to even run an executable unless I allow it. Anyone else having this problem? I'm seriously thinking of canceling my membership and all my kids including my wifes this is [cabbage]. I mean I get there is a botting problem but these mods have gone to far. But they seem to ignore the gambling and sexual crap that's going on in the game on a daily basis.

Dirtydevil.png

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moved your topic to the more appropriate forum of rants :)

~Racheya

Actually you shouldn't move it. I want to know if other parents are seeing this or people in general. I mean it's very obvious jagex has no bot detection other then " hey you here? " ooh you must be a bot!!! Report. No I don't want my children talking to you!!

Dirtydevil.png

1. Why so angry?

2. You should really check your history, make sure your family member hasn't downloaded everything. Kids do lie.

3. The Runescape official forums would probably be better for this, you should post it in the account help section.

4. It's usually only a two week ban, so it wouldn't hurt anyone to take a two week break.

:)

EDIT: If you're worried about your children talking to the wrong people, why not have them stay in quick chat worlds only?

~Racheya

Actually you shouldn't move it. I want to know if other parents are seeing this or people in general. I mean it's very obvious jagex has no bot detection other then " hey you here? " ooh you must be a bot!!! Report. No I don't want my children talking to you!!

I've never heard of this problem in my years of playing. Frankly, you aren't going to get much discussion out of this since there's plenty of discussion of bots going on and as for unfair bannings, on a case by case basis like this it's not really a discussion, just a rant at how it's unfair. You're angry at Jagex for 'incorrectly banning' your daughter, this seems like a rant to me. And as for Jagex's banning procedures, they can't even ban REAL bots right, who have been reported multiple times, it's unlikely they'd ban on a case of someone simply not responding.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

1. Why so angry?

2. You should really check your history, make sure your family member hasn't downloaded everything. Kids do lie.

3. The Runescape official forums would probably be better for this, you should post it in the account help section.

4. It's usually only a two week ban, so it wouldn't hurt anyone to take a two week break.

EDIT: If you're worried about your children talking to the wrong people, why not have them stay in quick chat worlds only?

1. Cause I'm a parent

2. she doesn't know how

3. not really it's all crap and spam

4. true but she's 10 and been crying about all day. I mean honestly her account is [cabbage].

Dirtydevil.png

1. Why so angry?

1. Cause I'm a parent

2. she doesn't know how

4. true but she's 10 and been crying about all day. I mean honestly her account is [cabbage].

Then contact Jagex. There's nothing we can do.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

~Racheya

And as for Jagex's banning procedures, they can't even ban REAL bots right, who have been reported multiple times, it's unlikely they'd ban on a case of someone simply not responding.

Nah, it happened to one of my close friends, twice. The first time it was a week, the second time it was 30 days. After the second time, he gave Jagex a piece of his mind and they basically told him "[bleep] off or we'll make it permanent." So he responded in kind by permanently quitting the game. They never did like him, since he was one of the most outspoken critics on the RSOF before they banned all of his forum accounts (yeah, he'd subscribe noob accounts just to circumvent the bans).

td2sig.jpg

If she's 10 legally she shouldn't even be on a proper world where she can talk to other users, under 13's (I think) are required to stay in Quick Chat worlds unless you filled in a COPPA form.

And The_Gabe is right, there's literally nothing anybody here can do to help you, you need to appeal the ban to Jagex.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

If she's 10 legally she shouldn't even be on a proper world where she can talk to other users, under 13's (I think) are required to stay in Quick Chat worlds unless you filled in a COPPA form.

And The_Gabe is right, there's literally nothing anybody here can do to help you, you need to appeal the ban to Jagex.

Actually, they are not required to be off a quick chat world; however, they simply cannot hear (or rather, see) anything that's typed that is not quick chat.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Actuallly I didn't know that is this true?

Dirtydevil.png

Actuallly I didn't know that is this true?

I'm not exactly sure but COPPA forms are required all over for people under 13 and like has already been mentioned, really she shouldn't be able to engage in proper communication with other players until she's 13.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

A SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT PRETEENS AND USERS UNDER 18

Jagex's products (RuneScape, War of Legends, Stellar Dawn and FunOrb) and Jagex's websites are not targeted to users under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, from 24 November 2010 you will not be permitted to create an account for any of these products. If you are under 13 years of age and created an account prior to November 24, 2010, you will be allowed to continue playing with the limitations placed on users under 13 years of age as explained below.

If you are under 13 we may be able to direct you to other products that may be suitable for you. If you are under 13 and created an account prior to 24 November 2010, you will be unable to disclose personal data through the game or website. If we find out that any personal data we have collected is from someone under 13, we will automatically delete it. We recommend that, for existing accounts, parents / guardians should play together with their children.

If you are under 13, have created an account prior 24 November 2010 and subscribe to the members' version of our game you are representing (i.e. making a promise) that you have consent from your parents / guardian to use Jagex Products in accordance with our terms and conditions and privacy policy. Nonetheless, we may Stop any account if we are not satisfied that such consent has been given or that such consent does not comply with local laws regarding users who are under 13 years of age.

If you are under 18, by using our website you are representing (i.e. making a promise) that you have consent from your parents / guardian to use Jagex Products in accordance with our terms and conditions and privacy policy. We may Stop any account if we are not satisfied that such consent has been given.

If we are told by a parent / guardian that their child has lied about their age when registering for Jagex Products, we will Stop the account provided we have information which satisfies us that the reporting person is indeed the parent or guardian.

Parents can find more information about the game and how to contact us in the Parents' Guide.

Taken from the Terms & Conditions.

Honestly, I wouldn't be at all surprised if your daughter did attempt to bot, or provided someone else with her account details so they could do it for her. These things do happen, children are gullible and especially at that age. I recommend you contact Jagex regarding her age when the account is unbanned (If it's not a permanent ban..) and inform them that it was incorrect so she can be given the necessary protection they offer...Which is restriction to Quick Chat only. That ensures that at least another party can not be blamed, and any evidence brought against her in future will be solely her doing. Their detection systems aren't just "Oh this person didn't talk, ban." - it would be foolish to think that.

Nonetheless, we may Stop any account if we are not satisfied that such consent has been given or that such consent does not comply with local laws regarding users who are under 13 years of age.

Highlighting this sentence... It is always possible that your daughter did tell others of her age and Jagex 'Stopped' her account by placing a ban on it under macroing...Which may have not been the reason at all.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Hold your horses there, Ring_World. I wouldn't call it irresponsible, that's silly. A child of 10 really isn't as clueless as the age may suggest. Unless you're a parent yourself you really aren't in a position to judge and say "Shame on..." when given so little of a story.

It's understandable why a parent would allow their child to play RuneScape and provide membership, but things do need to be considered, in any case. Yes it can provide them with countless hours of enjoyment, something to look forward to after completing any homework or an incentive to complete their chores.. But the world of RuneScape isn't all rosy itself and Quick Chat really is the best at ensuring complete safety.

All I can really say is don't lay blame on Jagex, while their systems may not be banned 100,000 accounts per day, it is not placing wrongful bans. If you are banned, their is a very good reason for it.

As above, you are able to contact them at that e-mail and they can explain the situation to you and make it your business to inform them of her real age so they can adjust her account status so it can only use Quick Chat.

I know when another player in-game is telling others their age and they are under 13...Which requires a bit of common sense because many say things like "I am 12 and what is this..?", etc. jokingly, I'll report and if necessary mute just to protect them.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

btw she can't bot because she has no permissions on her pc to even run an executable unless I allow it.

Bots are not EXE files. Lol. They are JAR files. Thus, your permission is not needed.

And as for Jagex's banning procedures, they can't even ban REAL bots right, who have been reported multiple times...

SLAM DUNK!

09144a99bb.png

1. Why so angry?

1. Cause I'm a parent

2. she doesn't know how

Odds are she does.

Kids are way smarter and lie to their parents successfully frequently. You seem to of forgotten what its like to be a kid.

Just cause YOU think she dont know doesn't make it true.

For one thing kids are so computer literate these days most can easily match their parents computing skills by about 10.

Google would tell them everything they need to know to subvert admin only etc.

And a kid so would do it; When I was ~8 and my brother ~10 we had dial up internet with a password AND a time logger program cause we only got so many hours a month and the computer was passworded.

We knew how to get around the log on password, had memorised the internet password and new how to use command prompt to exit the time logger and then edit its log file so it didn't show it had been shut down.

And this is all in the times before google made everything easy to learn.

Our parents didn't have a clue until I was about ~18 and it came up in conversation about kids getting away with stuff.

Oh and aside from that as someone pointed out the t&cs do say no under 13s and anyone who joined when they were allowed should have dob on their profile which means they are limited to only quick chat.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Something smells fishy here.

It's the smell of a mature mother ranting on a fansite about her little boy being banned. <3:

If they're under 13 they're limited to only Quick Chat. I'm sure their account will be marked as such to attribute the 'not talking' part. As someone mentioned it's best to contact [email protected] for further assistance.

Not necessarily the case... The poster stated that they pay for membership, not whether or not they supervised their child creating the account. He/She said they instructed their child not to talk to people... But the child may have created the account unaccompanied and put in a false age; As any child would do...

RIP Michaelangelopolous