Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So my kid was banned!

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Stev
[ Display Name History ]

Stev

Cherremy's Slave

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Stev Peifer

btw she can't bot because she has no permissions on her pc to even run an executable unless I allow it.

Bots are not EXE files. Lol. They are JAR files. Thus, your permission is not needed.

And as for Jagex's banning procedures, they can't even ban REAL bots right, who have been reported multiple times...

SLAM DUNK!

09144a99bb.png

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

1. Why so angry?
2. You should really check your history, make sure your family member hasn't downloaded everything. Kids do lie.
3. The Runescape official forums would probably be better for this, you should post it in the account help section.
4. It's usually only a two week ban, so it wouldn't hurt anyone to take a two week break.

:)

EDIT: If you're worried about your children talking to the wrong people, why not have them stay in quick chat worlds only?

1. Cause I'm a parent
2. she doesn't know how
3. not really it's all crap and spam
4. true but she's 10 and been crying about all day. I mean honestly her account is [cabbage].

Odds are she does.

Kids are way smarter and lie to their parents successfully frequently. You seem to of forgotten what its like to be a kid.
Just cause YOU think she dont know doesn't make it true.
For one thing kids are so computer literate these days most can easily match their parents computing skills by about 10.
Google would tell them everything they need to know to subvert admin only etc.
And a kid so would do it; When I was ~8 and my brother ~10 we had dial up internet with a password AND a time logger program cause we only got so many hours a month and the computer was passworded.
We knew how to get around the log on password, had memorised the internet password and new how to use command prompt to exit the time logger and then edit its log file so it didn't show it had been shut down.
And this is all in the times before google made everything easy to learn.

Our parents didn't have a clue until I was about ~18 and it came up in conversation about kids getting away with stuff.

Oh and aside from that as someone pointed out the t&cs do say no under 13s and anyone who joined when they were allowed should have dob on their profile which means they are limited to only quick chat.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
If they're under 13 they're limited to only Quick Chat. I'm sure their account will be marked as such to attribute the 'not talking' part. As someone mentioned it's best to contact parents@jagex.com for further assistance.

j0xPu5R.png

Lep
[ Display Name History ]

Lep

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,761 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Lep

Something smells fishy here.

It's the smell of a mature mother ranting on a fansite about her little boy being banned. <3:

Carl
[ Display Name History ]

Carl

I <3 N_odie!

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • RSN:Carl
  • RSN2:Newb

If they're under 13 they're limited to only Quick Chat. I'm sure their account will be marked as such to attribute the 'not talking' part. As someone mentioned it's best to contact parents@jagex.com for further assistance.

Not necessarily the case... The poster stated that they pay for membership, not whether or not they supervised their child creating the account. He/She said they instructed their child not to talk to people... But the child may have created the account unaccompanied and put in a false age; As any child would do...

RIP Michaelangelopolous

n64jive
[ Display Name History ]

n64jive

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,153 posts
I don't know any parents who would get upset over their kid getting banned from a video game.

Just saying, seems fake.
Posted Image

SythenRs
[ Display Name History ]

SythenRs

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • RSN:SnowJoke
All I have to say is consider this:

Would you rather your child got turned off of online gaming because of this incident,

OR

Becomes one of those people that does nothing with their lives but play games (like me)

Believe me, I may know very little about parenting but I know plenty about throwing your life a way to gaming, she is much better off without Runescape.

Just my opinion though.

Snowjoke.png

Carl
[ Display Name History ]

Carl

I <3 N_odie!

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
This won't end any kind of love for gaming, simply just a hiccup and inconvenience.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

All I have to say is consider this:

Would you rather your child got turned off of online gaming because of this incident,

OR

Becomes one of those people that does nothing with their lives but play games (like me)

Believe me, I may know very little about parenting but I know plenty about throwing your life a way to gaming, she is much better off without Runescape.

Just my opinion though.

I agree

Trey
[ Display Name History ]

Trey

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • RSN:Trey
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts
read a few posts.

Feel bad for your chillins bro. l2parent

OT: It's runescape and i'm probably being trolled by you as this is some elaborate scheme to get your account unbanned.

Posted Image

xSxqPowerx
[ Display Name History ]

xSxqPowerx

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
I'm gonna call troll on this one.

If you're serious... then just note that your daughter has already lied and put in a false age or else you wouldn't have to force her not to talk.

Carl
[ Display Name History ]

Carl

I <3 N_odie!

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
No-one can enter a topic open-minded anymore, no?

Pity.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,800 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw
When I was 6 I already knew things about the computer my dad didn't, take that to an age of 10 and they could know a lot more (provided they did start with playing on a computer on a young age), even if she didn't know she could have friends (or a brother?) who did.
If she really didn't do it there still could be a few things why it has happened:
She shares her account with someone else (a schoolfriend) who did it.
Your computer or an other computer she plays on has a trojan horse or a keylogger, which used her account to bot.
Someone had contacted her in game to try getting her pass (someone doing like he is a jmod) she got scared and gave her pass thinking it was the right thing to do.

The chance that it is Jagex fault for banning someone who didn't bot for botting is so small that you shouldn't be considering it jagex fault.

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

DiRtYDeViL
[ Display Name History ]

DiRtYDeViL

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:DiRtYDeViL
Jar files good point that would circumvent the domain policy I have in place I bet. I didn't even think of that! Anything else I should look for?
I did check my squid logs for any sites related to cheating but didn't find anything maybe I need to look closer for open web proxies.
Thanks everyone for your helpful comments, the ones that are anyway.
Posted Image

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)
I don't know why, but OP reminded me of this:

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

highlanders
[ Display Name History ]

highlanders

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,476 posts
Assuming this isn't fake imo you shouldn't let your kid near a computer at that age. They'll develop bad habits.

2480+ total

DRUMINATOR17
[ Display Name History ]

DRUMINATOR17

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,066 posts

I don't know why, but OP reminded me of this:

Read the whole thread and then watched this video. Rofl'd irl for a few seconds...

*scratches head*

What was I gonna respond to this thread with originally? #-o
CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK
Posted Image
Posted Image
List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...

My_Eggs
[ Display Name History ]

My_Eggs

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,514 posts

1. Why so angry?
2. You should really check your history, make sure your family member hasn't downloaded everything. Kids do lie.
3. The Runescape official forums would probably be better for this, you should post it in the account help section.
4. It's usually only a two week ban, so it wouldn't hurt anyone to take a two week break.

EDIT: If you're worried about your children talking to the wrong people, why not have them stay in quick chat worlds only?

1. Cause I'm a parent
2. she doesn't know how
4. true but she's 10 and been crying about all day. I mean honestly her account is [cabbage].

1. Ok
2. She's 10 and has access to computers. I bet she knows a hell of a lot more about the computer/internet than you think she does. When I was 10, I knew how to disable the parental lock [cabbage] my parents would put on my computer to prevent downloads, and on my TV to prevent R rated movies.
3. May be spam, but they have one thing there we don't have here. J Mods monitering the forums and what not. They might see your post and chat with you about what happened and why the account was banned if you just explain you're just a concerned and caring parent.
4. You just called your 10 year old daughter's account "[cabbage]". What did I just say about convincing the J Mods that you were caring?
99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Thus
[ Display Name History ]

Thus

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,209 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

1. Why so angry?

1. Cause I'm a parent
2. she doesn't know how

1. Tell Jagex about this.
2. Kids now a lot more than we think. How do you think sexual predators get pictures of 10 year olds through message boards? Kids act innocent because they know their parents will believe them.
3. Forums is crap, email jagex.
4. Appeal the ban.

GamesDomainCastle
[ Display Name History ]

GamesDomainCastle

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 12 posts
It makes me feel old when I can tell which posters have children and which are still children themselves just by the attitude they take to a topic like this. If DirtyDevil is as old of a player as I think I remember, he was probably a kid when he started playing (as was I). Fast forward ten years and now we're in the position of guardians wanting to share with our children the joys of our childhood, while still protecting them from the evils of the world. It isn't an easy balance to strike and I don't think most people understand it until they are in the position themselves.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users