So my kid was banned!

DiRtYDeViL

[bleep] theres some Jagex hugging brats on this forum. OP has had a legit rant, and our response should be, ah that sucks man, and offer advice. Not put him down, make assumtions about his parenting and choices, that's pathetic. Don't just assume Jagex is in the right, they literally have no way of detecting bots, it's out of their control.

Bunch of kids, [bleep] off out of these forums please, you make me sick.

Bad news about the ban mate :( Maybe get her to create a new account and communicate online / go to quick chat worlds. I'd more than likely guess this has been a very unlucky 1 off and shouldn't happen again. Jagex bot detection system is pathetic, and their custom support system is worse still.

Okay.

I'm going to have to ask you to settle down.

Just as you hate "Jagex hugging brats," I equally hate people who seem to think it's edgy and cool to criticize Jagex for everything that they do and to basically discount any of their efforts whatsoever, because that's the flavour of the month.

Any system's first priority is to stop false positives from occuring. I'm sure Jagex would rather leave 10 bots unbanned than ban 1 legitimate player falsely. I know a LOT of people in this game, and not ONCE have I heard of anyone getting legitimately falsely banned at all. A sample space of one, unconfirmed example isn't enough to just start yelling "FU FU JAMFLAX OMFG STOP BANNING LEGIT PLAYERS YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!"

And the comments made about the parenting wasn't about the ban - it was about the fact that, as a parent, OP obviously has no trust in their children because they went all net-nanny on their 10 year old, instead of taking the time to try and explain to their child what is right or wrong to do on the internet, and to let them apply this knowledge themselves. Using this cavalier approach of just trying to ban them from running any executable files will just cause their children to question why these restrictions are in place, and hence, try to find a way around them - it's human nature.

Also, if the child is 10 years old, they really shouldn't be playing the game, unless under adult supervision. An internet blocking device is just a plain lazy way to avoid actually having to watch your child.

Open communication will do far more than any online filter can do.

Reply was so dumb I nearly didn't even bother responding to it.

Jagex famously banned the first person to 99 range because they didn't think it was real, he later went to Andrew with his laptop to show him it was legit.

Jagex had no control or idea of the famous dupe, so they banned anyone with 'suspicious' amounts of items.

Countless among countless wrongly banned people on these forums, with screenshots of conversations with TEMPLATE replies because their customer support system is beyond a joke.

From sleeping bags to random events, Jagex can't do [cabbage] about Bots, and the only system they have is players hitting the report button and wrongly accused accounts get no further look unless you pay them money, pathetic. (Don't argue here please, there is way too much evidence).

Please, and please, don't [bleep]ing post if you don't know [cabbage]. Jagex have terrible customer support - fact. Jagex have no resources to control exploits in their game and pinpoint disasters ( Durial, row, dupe, knife bug, the list goes on forever).

Countless people have been wrongly banned and [cabbage] all has been done about it. This is a rant section where players will whinge about this and people placed in similar positions can relate and discuss. What ruins these forums is the pathetic jagex huggers who don't know [cabbage] and actually believe they do the correct thing.

You're discussion on parenting matters isn't worth my time, you sound like a University student with 0 idea so I'm not even going to try to contest you're dumb views.

Maybe you shouldn't have bothered posting and went with your gut instinct because all that post proved was that you're not a very nice person.

He is right on the account that Jagex doesn't give a flying [bleep] about their customers, though. As I explained earlier in the thread, a friend of mine was wrongly temp-banned for macroing TWICE because he plays with chat off and someone reported him. After the second time, he quit the game because he'd had enough of Jagex's [cabbage].

td2sig.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[bleep] theres some Jagex hugging brats on this forum. OP has had a legit rant, and our response should be, ah that sucks man, and offer advice. Not put him down, make assumtions about his parenting and choices, that's pathetic. Don't just assume Jagex is in the right, they literally have no way of detecting bots, it's out of their control.

Bad news about the ban mate :( Maybe get her to create a new account and communicate online / go to quick chat worlds. I'd more than likely guess this has been a very unlucky 1 off and shouldn't happen again. Jagex bot detection system is pathetic, and their custom support system is worse still.

Okay.

Just as you hate "Jagex hugging brats," I equally hate people who seem to think it's edgy and cool to criticize Jagex for everything that they do and to basically discount any of their efforts whatsoever, because that's the flavour of the month.

Any system's first priority is to stop false positives from occuring. I'm sure Jagex would rather leave 10 bots unbanned than ban 1 legitimate player falsely. I know a LOT of people in this game, and not ONCE have I heard of anyone getting legitimately falsely banned at all. A sample space of one, unconfirmed example isn't enough to just start yelling "FU FU JAMFLAX OMFG STOP BANNING LEGIT PLAYERS YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!"

And the comments made about the parenting wasn't about the ban - it was about the fact that, as a parent, OP obviously has no trust in their children because they went all net-nanny on their 10 year old, instead of taking the time to try and explain to their child what is right or wrong to do on the internet, and to let them apply this knowledge themselves. Using this cavalier approach of just trying to ban them from running any executable files will just cause their children to question why these restrictions are in place, and hence, try to find a way around them - it's human nature.

Also, if the child is 10 years old, they really shouldn't be playing the game, unless under adult supervision. An internet blocking device is just a plain lazy way to avoid actually having to watch your child.

Jagex famously banned the first person to 99 range because they didn't think it was real, he later went to Andrew with his laptop to show him it was legit.

Jagex had no control or idea of the famous dupe, so they banned anyone with 'suspicious' amounts of items.

Countless among countless wrongly banned people on these forums, with screenshots of conversations with TEMPLATE replies because their customer support system is beyond a joke.

From sleeping bags to random events, Jagex can't do [cabbage] about Bots, and the only system they have is players hitting the report button and wrongly accused accounts get no further look unless you pay them money, pathetic. (Don't argue here please, there is way too much evidence).

Please, and please, don't [bleep]ing post if you don't know [cabbage]. Jagex have terrible customer support - fact. Jagex have no resources to control exploits in their game and pinpoint disasters ( Durial, row, dupe, knife bug, the list goes on forever).

Countless people have been wrongly banned and [cabbage] all has been done about it. This is a rant section where players will whinge about this and people placed in similar positions can relate and discuss. What ruins these forums is the pathetic jagex huggers who don't know [cabbage] and actually believe they do the correct thing.

You're discussion on parenting matters isn't worth my time, you sound like a University student with 0 idea so I'm not even going to try to contest you're dumb views.

Maybe you shouldn't have bothered posting and went with your gut instinct because all that post proved was that you're not a very nice person.

Quite precisely, IHas.

Talk about blowing things way out of proportion, Elucin8er. You're actually basing everything you've said on things from what...5+ years ago? Are you kidding me? Countless people wrongly banned and posting 'proof' of it? Are you that gullible to believe a picture shown to you only portraying one side of a story? Personally I haven't ever come across someone being banned for no reason what so ever, there's always more to it than meets the eye. Sometimes their accounts have been breached and banned for activities done by a third party on the account...And the ban is moreoften lifted once appealed by the true owner. They don't just go banning people willy-nilly because they suspect they may be botting, and that I'm 100% certain of.

You hate people who see sense, apparently. Well I can assure you the feelings are mutual... Going out on a whim because you may know the OP and believe just from that that there was no wrong doing...Oh how foolish.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

1. Why so angry?

2. You should really check your history, make sure your family member hasn't downloaded everything. Kids do lie.

3. The Runescape official forums would probably be better for this, you should post it in the account help section.

4. It's usually only a two week ban, so it wouldn't hurt anyone to take a two week break.

:)

EDIT: If you're worried about your children talking to the wrong people, why not have them stay in quick chat worlds only?

1. Cause I'm a parent

2. she doesn't know how

3. not really it's all crap and spam

4. true but she's 10 and been crying about all day. I mean honestly her account is [cabbage].

I don't want to sound rude, but she might know how to download and run the program. I've even heard of sites that can bypass parental setting if you've set any, then give step by step instructions on how to load and run it. So if I were you I would check the history. Again like I said I don't want to sound rude, I mean your her parent, but maybe its good to take a break. Also to look at the positive side, a game is always more fun after a couple week break. :smile:

Isaact20.png

Isaact20.png

I just want to point out that she could have easily gotten a script without downloading from the site. Plenty of other ways to share a downloadable file.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Okay.

Quite precisely, IHas.

Talk about blowing things way out of proportion, Elucin8er. You're actually basing everything you've said on things from what...5+ years ago? Are you kidding me? Countless people wrongly banned and posting 'proof' of it? Are you that gullible to believe a picture shown to you only portraying one side of a story? Personally I haven't ever come across someone being banned for no reason what so ever, there's always more to it than meets the eye. Sometimes their accounts have been breached and banned for activities done by a third party on the account...And the ban is moreoften lifted once appealed by the true owner. They don't just go banning people willy-nilly because they suspect they may be botting, and that I'm 100% certain of.

You hate people who see sense, apparently. Well I can assure you the feelings are mutual... Going out on a whim because you may know the OP and believe just from that that there was no wrong doing...Oh how foolish.

wow. just, wow. I've been playing since rsc. and i have MULTIPLE examples of what Elucin8er is talking about, spanning from rsc to about 2 months ago.

I've been banned for impersonating jagex staff.... I got hacked, the kicker was i was pming the hacked account from my secondary while standing next to him repeatedly typing the account has been hacked, multiple people still reported me and the account was banned, now, one would think they would run a simple ip trace (because the ip was that logged on to my account was from a completely different country, or, hell just comparing the ip that normally logs on) before banning a 5 year old account running around lumb walking up to pmods telling them to give them their password because they worked for jagex >.<

I've been illegitimately banned 5 times, 1 the result of a hacker, the other 4 from watching t.v. while doing one of the time consuming and mind-numbing-barely-necessary-to-pay-attention-to skills. In conclusion, yeah they do kinda willy-nilly ban people. and give cookie cutter responses, (posted on these forums) But by all means, put your faith in customer support.

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

The issue I find with these people banging on about unfair bannings and how they are so prolific.

They have the inability to comprehend a few simple facts:

1) Bad examples always stay in our memories more than good examples (eg people remember the one time a kid got in a fight over more than say a good play performance, or a sports victory)

2) Pretty much every example on people wrongly banned DOES get reversed.

3) Examples where jagex have mass banned to do with a bug, including some incorrectly, they have explained many times they mass ban to stop the bug abusers dead THEN review everyone and often a good 90% odd banned get unbanned within a day or two. It's standard quarantine style procedure. If a deadly virus breaks out in a hospital their first step isn't testing who has or has not got it or trying to cure it; the first step is to qurantine anyone who might of contracted it and then deal with them case by case.

4) No-one ever posts about or hears about the about the swathes of CORRECT bannings because most people correctly banned aren't stupid enough to rant about it. I an say without a shadow of a doubt justified bannings outnumber incorrect bannings by atleast 5:1, though I fully expect its closer to 10:1 or even 50:1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm not going to continue on with these arguments and quoting previous posts. I'm just going to make a few points and go on from there.

You said you have restrictions on "her" computer. Meaning she has her own computer. I bet it's in her room too, right?

10 years old is not too young to be able to figure out how to bot. I started botting when I was 13 (late 2002 or early 2003) with SCAR, SlaveIT and AutoRune. Back then it was way more complicated to get a bot up and running than it is now. So it wouldn't surprise me the least bit if your child knew how to start up one of the current bots.

I'm not sticking up for jagex in any way mind you, just stating some facts.

Every parent knows what's best for their child, but especially as a father, you should be more weary. At that age, she should have access to a computer that is in a public room of your house, not one locked away in her room.

I doubt anyone here even remembers this or was witness to it, but back in the RSC cheating days, there was a girl who stripped on webcam for rsc gp.

I've been illegitimately banned 5 times, 1 the result of a hacker, the other 4 from watching t.v. while doing one of the time consuming and mind-numbing-barely-necessary-to-pay-attention-to skills.

So once, you got banned because the hacker did something and 4 times you were basically afk'ing? Sounds like all five of them are legit to me. Once wasn't your fault and four times you technically did break the rules. Fair? Probably not, especially the time you got hacked and when you consider how little attention is need for some skills. But sill legit. Just because you don't think you were doing anything wrong, doesn't mean Jagex will see it that way.

It doesn't mean that they don't know how (or just flat out can't) detect proper rule breakers, but they do need a serious revamp of the rules to reflect the way people train due to the ways they've updated the game since those rules were written.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Moved your topic to the more appropriate forum of rants :)

~Racheya

Actually you shouldn't move it. I want to know if other parents are seeing this or people in general. I mean it's very obvious jagex has no bot detection other then " hey you here? " ooh you must be a bot!!! Report. No I don't want my children talking to you!!

And as for Jagex's banning procedures, they can't even ban REAL bots right, who have been reported multiple times, it's unlikely they'd ban on a case of someone simply not responding.

Nah, it happened to one of my close friends, twice. The first time it was a week, the second time it was 30 days. After the second time, he gave Jagex a piece of his mind and they basically told him "[bleep] off or we'll make it permanent." So he responded in kind by permanently quitting the game. They never did like him, since he was one of the most outspoken critics on the RSOF before they banned all of his forum accounts (yeah, he'd subscribe noob accounts just to circumvent the bans).

Who could Jagex possibly dislike more than me?

~Racheya

Actually you shouldn't move it. I want to know if other parents are seeing this or people in general. I mean it's very obvious jagex has no bot detection other then " hey you here? " ooh you must be a bot!!! Report. No I don't want my children talking to you!!

And as for Jagex's banning procedures, they can't even ban REAL bots right, who have been reported multiple times, it's unlikely they'd ban on a case of someone simply not responding.

Nah, it happened to one of my close friends, twice. The first time it was a week, the second time it was 30 days. After the second time, he gave Jagex a piece of his mind and they basically told him "[bleep] off or we'll make it permanent." So he responded in kind by permanently quitting the game. They never did like him, since he was one of the most outspoken critics on the RSOF before they banned all of his forum accounts (yeah, he'd subscribe noob accounts just to circumvent the bans).

Someone whose name you probably recognize: Manitu Ka.

td2sig.jpg

~Racheya

Someone whose name you probably recognize: Manitu Ka.

Hmmm. I was wondering what happened to him.

It doesn't matter if it's your kid, or Barack Obama.

I just had the strangest thoughts go through my mind.

I've been illegitimately banned 5 times, 1 the result of a hacker, the other 4 from watching t.v. while doing one of the time consuming and mind-numbing-barely-necessary-to-pay-attention-to skills.

So once, you got banned because the hacker did something and 4 times you were basically afk'ing? Sounds like all five of them are legit to me. Once wasn't your fault and four times you technically did break the rules. Fair? Probably not, especially the time you got hacked and when you consider how little attention is need for some skills. But sill legit. Just because you don't think you were doing anything wrong, doesn't mean Jagex will see it that way.

It doesn't mean that they don't know how (or just flat out can't) detect proper rule breakers, but they do need a serious revamp of the rules to reflect the way people train due to the ways they've updated the game since those rules were written.

wait, now where in the rules does it say i have to pay attention to what people say while I'm skilling? I'm sitting on my couch with my laptop watching netflix on my ps3, but still actively playing. I do all random events that may happen to me. But i dare say i have better things to do with my time than stare at yew trees or fishing spots until the tree/fishing spot disappears.

and my main point was that they didn't investigate the hacking incident AT ALL (either that or they are incompetent) I know that if i had normally gone around staff impersonating then yes i should be banned, but any checking would have shown it was a hacker.

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

Despite what you're delusions tells you until you tell them it's a hacker there is no way they can know that.

Sure they might trade a lot of our stuff, they might of logged on from a new ip and they might try to change the pass, recoveries and bank pin. But not a single one of these actions instantly denotes it must be a hacker as all of them can just as easily be everyday actions. Besides you got unbanned so where's the issue?

Omg jagex r so bad i mean they unbanned me five times from unfair bans.

Also rules do say no afking just an fyi

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

My god, this topic has derailed into an absolute mess.

I don't see how the potential of 'perverts hitting on your chid' is sufficient justification for completely forbidding her to speak on RuneScape. It is possible to prevent her from viewing the chat-screen by simply telling JaGex her real age (10), and JaGex would automatically place her under quick-chat only worlds. Also, it's quite unlikely that it will happen outside of world 1 lumbridge, so I hardly consider it to be a sufficient enough danger or threat to worry about. Just because something can be abused, there is no reason for putting an end to it's legitimate use.

You cannot be sure that the ban by JaGex is not a false ban. Your child could have circumvented the system (or simply downloaded .jar files), as others has pointed out, or she may have given out her password and another player may have botted on the account. In the rare case that the account was indeed banned wrongly, it is possible to appeal the ban to get it reversed, although they are unlikely to give a written justification of why the decision was chosen.

There is a censor for a reason, and it's difficult to enforce a policy against the alleged 'sexual crap' that you appear to 'see on a daily basis'.

Cancelling your membership is your decision, I'm unsure what you want us to do about it. In fact, what do you want us to do about it?

I will admit that I find the original post dubious, but I have treated it as legitimate anyway.

Cancelling your membership is your decision, I'm unsure what you want us to do about it. In fact, what do you want us to do about it?

I think he wants us to show our full support and call Jagex the most evil and greedy company ever because his daughter, who may or may not have broken the rules, had her, as said by OP, "[cabbage]" account banned.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

I wouldn't want my kids playing RS, that's for sure.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

I've been wrongfully banned before, the penguin glitch. I was there just looking at the huge crowd gathering for unlimited penguin spotting. I didn't attempt to get any points nor did I get any exp from it. Took like a week for them to unban me

What?

m_theory11.png

-I was 10 when I started playing.

-Ive been banned for botting because I was using hot keys to talk in world 2. One key would type a whole sentence; not botting but they still got me.

-I was 12 when I got perm banned for it.

-When your 10 the sexual stuff goes over your head.

-Your nickname on here is the "Dirty Devil", does she know you like to be a dirty devil?

-I dont know you, so I cant knock your parenting methods but ^ that speaks volumes.

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

-Ive been banned for botting because I was using hot keys to talk in world 2. One key would type a whole sentence; not botting but they still got me.

It may not be botting, but it's still autotyping which falls under the macro/bot rules.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

-I was 10 when I started playing.

-I was 12 when I got perm banned for it.

-When your 10 the sexual stuff goes over your head.

-Your nickname on here is the "Dirty Devil", does she know you like to be a dirty devil?

-I dont know you, so I cant knock your parenting methods but ^ that speaks volumes.

Auto-typing is botting.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png