Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sip

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
you DRINK a full jug of wine.

You SIP 1/4 of a potion.

To Drink

drink (drngk)
v. drank (drngk), drunk (drngk), drink·ing, drinks
v.tr.
1. To take into the mouth and swallow (a liquid).
2. To swallow the liquid contents of (a vessel): drank a cup of tea.

3. To take in or soak up; absorb: drank the fresh air; spongy earth that drank up the rain.
4. To take in eagerly through the senses or intellect: drank in the beauty of the day.
a. To give or make (a toast).
b. To toast (a person or an occasion, for example): We'll drink your health.
6. To bring to a specific state by drinking alcoholic liquors: drank our sorrows away.

To Sip

sip (sp)
v. sipped, sip·ping, sips
v.tr.
1. To drink in small quantities.
2. To drink from in sips.

Therefor the argument you are trying to prove in this rant is that drinking 1/4th of a potion is considered a large quantity in runescape. What is the average quantity you drink in runescape in a given action? A whole jug, a whole bottle, etc.

Therefor in comparision to average quantities of drinking, a dose of potion is considerably smaller by comparison. So in the world of runescape where everyone drinks full jugs/bottles/buckets of drink someone who drinks 1/4th of a tiny bottle of potion would be SIPping it.

Also dont strawman this argument by saying "Well in real life that would be a big drink" because this isn't real life and all laws of the universe dont matter. In runescape a whole shark could be a snack and your character can drink jugs/bottles/barrels/buckets of drinks in one action.

[/thread]

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Nomrombom

You SIP 1/4 of a potion.

To Drink

drink (drngk)
v.tr.

3. To take in or soak up; absorb: drank the fresh air; spongy earth that drank up the rain.
4. To take in eagerly through the senses or intellect: drank in the beauty of the day.
6. To bring to a specific state by drinking alcoholic liquors: drank our sorrows away.

To Sip

sip (sp)
v.tr.

Therefor the argument you are trying to prove in this rant is that drinking 1/4th of a potion is considered a large quantity in runescape. What is the average quantity you drink in runescape in a given action? A whole jug, a whole bottle, etc.

Therefor in comparision to average quantities of drinking, a dose of potion is considerably smaller by comparison. So in the world of runescape where everyone drinks full jugs/bottles/buckets of drink someone who drinks 1/4th of a tiny bottle of potion would be SIPping it.

Also dont strawman this argument by saying "Well in real life that would be a big drink" because this isn't real life and all laws of the universe dont matter. In runescape a whole shark could be a snack and your character can drink jugs/bottles/barrels/buckets of drinks in one action.

[/thread]

/thread
PM me for fitocracy invite

GuidesForScapers
[ Display Name History ]

GuidesForScapers

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 683 posts
  • RSN:Sir Gudi

You SIP 1/4 of a potion.

To Drink

drink (drngk)
v.tr.

To Sip

sip (sp)
v.tr.

[/thread]

I don't see where in those definitions it said anything concerning "large quantities." Also, i'm fairly sure there are a lot more potions than jugs. So your 'average' theory is pretty baseless.

You seem to have missed the fact that both of your definitions of 'sip' referred to drinking, so drink would still be correct... And since there is not a sip option, in Runescape, drink is correct. Not sip.

Give up, [bleep]ing lol.
Posted Image

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts

And since there is not a sip option, in Runescape, drink is correct. Not sip.

There is no option to teleport via spells or teletabs(spells are cast, tabs are broken). But I would guess that you have said/say teleport or tele when talking about the act of casting a teleportation spell or breaking a teleport tablet.

Also,
Posted Image

GuidesForScapers
[ Display Name History ]

GuidesForScapers

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 683 posts

And since there is not a sip option, in Runescape, drink is correct. Not sip.

There is no option to teleport via spells or teletabs(spells are cast, tabs are broken). But I would guess that you have said/say teleport or tele when talking about the act of casting a teleportation spell or breaking a teleport tablet.

Also,
Posted Image

Then you would technically be incorrect.

I don't like using that argument, i much prefer the "i just dislike the word" argument, but the rules of the forum say i need a valid one... So there you go...
Posted Image

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
Why isn't disliking the word valid?

GuidesForScapers
[ Display Name History ]

GuidesForScapers

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 683 posts

Why isn't disliking the word valid?

Because THE RULES ARE THE RULES HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THEM?
Posted Image

All_Is_Great
[ Display Name History ]

All_Is_Great

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,498 posts

When people say "pot" I say "I don't smoke".

The word "sip" just makes me rage. Everyone has words that piss them off, i was just unfortunate enough to get landed with one that people tend to say >_>

Know what makes me rage? Arrogant, belligerent PKers who think they actually matter in the grand scheme of things.

Also, this. +9001 times this.

The grand scheme of TIF? Someone, please, fill me in.

I was more referring to how so many PKers (this may or may not include you, I really don't know) constantly whine at Jagex for updates, even though Jagex spent the better part of a year trying to accommodate them. PKers make up a pretty small portion of active members, so to see so many updates go to a minority of players who are mostly ungrateful is frustrating, to say the least.

So you're whining about how Jagex listens to other players that whine to them and not you?

In essence, yes. :mellow:

Also likes to whine about updates that don't cater to "high levels". I remember the second half of last year, damn it just never stopped. :rolleyes:

Staurolite.png

Heisenberg
[ Display Name History ]

Heisenberg

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 302 posts
Posted Image

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

You SIP 1/4 of a potion.

To Drink

drink (drngk)
v.tr.

To Sip

sip (sp)
v.tr.

[/thread]

I don't see where in those definitions it said anything concerning "large quantities." Also, i'm fairly sure there are a lot more potions than jugs. So your 'average' theory is pretty baseless.

You seem to have missed the fact that both of your definitions of 'sip' referred to drinking, so drink would still be correct... And since there is not a sip option, in Runescape, drink is correct. Not sip.

Give up, [bleep]ing lol.

Are you completely stupid im not talking about how many potions there are in the game compared to jugs of wine I am talking about the size of a jug of wine compared to the size of a vial. So your objection to my "average size" theory is pretty baseless.

Also Sip is more descriptive then drink. Is english your second language and you are struggling to learn new vocabulary? I cant think of any reason why you want the text to be less descriptive then stupidity, laziness [given you dont wanna learn English] or trolling.

Also since I dont really care whether this is a troll thread or not and I wanna prove my point here is the weight of the objects in question.

Jug of wine [which you drink in one gulp]: 1.5 kg
Bottle of wine: 1 kg
Bucket of Milk: 2.2 kg
Attack Potion (4): 0 kg

Source:
http://runescape.wik...iki/Jug_of_wine
http://runescape.wik.../Bottle_of_wine
http://runescape.wik.../Bucket_of_milk
http://runescape.wik...i/Attack_potion

Also lets say that the weight values didn't make sense. Sip implies that you didnt drink the whole thing, while to drink means you finished it off.

I drank the soda [implied that you drank most or all of it]
I drink soda daily [implies you drink an unspecified amount in any given day]
I am drinking the soda [you are in the act of drinking it and are drinking more then a tiny amount]

I sipped the soda [implies you had a taste of it but didn't drink a substantial amount]

In the case of all runescape drinks but potions you finish it off in one gulp. Potions you dont, making it by comparison to how your character otherwise behaves a small quantity being drunk. Also with the case of the weight of the drinks, potions weight nothing implying that they are tiny and hold very little liquid while other drinks you drink in one gulp are substantially bigger.

Another strawman reply and I conclude this to be a troll thread, and there goes your creditability on future topics :wink:

[/thread *again*]

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
Well I think we've had enough of this, too much spam/trolling.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users