Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What genre of music do you like?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

aeternitatis
[ Display Name History ]

aeternitatis

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:SeekReality
I try to ignore genres and listen to songs individually, but my library is consisted of (for the most part) rock, rap, alt-rock, acoustic and a little dubstep.

Currently downloading The Black Keys' discography. They're a blues-rock band that I'm looking forward to hearing more of.
Posted Image

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

Earthman
[ Display Name History ]

Earthman

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 127 posts
Hardstyle, dubstep, trance, techno.

terravir.png

iNeppg
[ Display Name History ]

iNeppg

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • RSN:Neppg
  • Clan:HYT
I listen to everything although there are a few genres that are my favorites though:

Classical :boohoo:
Rock/Metal (Anything that falls under these categories)
Electronic Music (What I mean by this is pretty much everything from Techno to Trance to House to Hardstyle to Dubstep)

If I had to pick my favorite from those above, it would be metal.

Posted Image

Hamtaro
[ Display Name History ]

Hamtaro

Skeleton Shield

• Editorial Panel
  • 1,174 posts
  • RSN:Hamtaro
  • Clan:HamChiP3ace
Really any kind of Rock going back from the 50s to today (not really fond of the generic/synthetic 80s stuff, though). Alternative Hard Rock would probably be my favorite sub-genre (Breaking Benjamin, Sick Puppies, Billy Talent, etc.). I listen to Metal as well (mostly Metallica and Machine Head). I also enjoy upbeat big-band jazz, such as Maynard Ferguson (who composed the original Rocky theme song).

If I had to pick two favorite artists from each (completed) decade of Rock/Metal, it would probably be Breaking Benjamin & System of a Down (00s), Nirvana & Alice in Chains (90s), Metallica & Dio (80s), Pink Floyd & The Eagles (70s), Jimi Hendrix & The Doors (60s), and Chuck Berry & Elvis (50s). A Day to Remember and Hail the Villain are definitely bands to watch out for this decade, imo.

I'll listen to pretty much anything from before the 80s and I avoid all genres ending in the letter "p" for their lack of natural (meaning without auto-tune/voice "correction") singing and real (meaning "non-computerized" and not just talking) instruments (which, you know, I always thought you needed at least one of to make music). That's not meant to be an insult to those genres, but I just don't have an interest in any of them :?.
Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.
Posted Image
"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles
"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

decebal
[ Display Name History ]

decebal

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,315 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Decebalus6

I try to ignore genres and listen to songs individually, but my library is consisted of (for the most part) rock, rap, alt-rock, acoustic and a little dubstep.

Currently downloading The Black Keys' discography. They're a blues-rock band that I'm looking forward to hearing more of.

Black Keys really opened my eyes, tbh. Really thought good rock and blues was dead. Then i heard the Black Keys.

As for genres, 70's Rock, and Blues. If the song has a heavy and powerful guitar riff, and maybe even a solo or Free Bird-style Duet, I'm hooked. I've strayed away from those genres ocassionally, for example I really liked Pendulum's earlier songs, even if they were Drum'n'Bass.

Posted Image

eias
[ Display Name History ]

eias

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 671 posts
  • RSN:Cybermullet
I listen to many things, it depends on the mood, sometimes rock, metal, hip hop, classical, arabic music, italian music, anything goes :)
Posted Image

doomy
[ Display Name History ]

doomy

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,679 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I don't think I have a specific genre that I listen to.

I don't generally listen to albums, usually just single songs from different artists. My library on my computer is very strange and theres so many folders with only one or two songs in each.

Though it is mostly made up of rock and metal, which would be what I would say if someone asked me in real life :P

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Omar
[ Display Name History ]

Omar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,722 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

I don't generally listen to albums, usually just single songs from different artists.

You should try, it's pretty cool to see how songs you listened to independently are actually tied together in an album. That's assuming the songs you don't have aren't filler though.
Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can
Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?
Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?
Camera guy: still laughing
Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy
Camera guy: runs away still laughing
Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down
Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!
Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

doomy
[ Display Name History ]

doomy

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,679 posts

I don't generally listen to albums, usually just single songs from different artists.

You should try, it's pretty cool to see how songs you listened to independently are actually tied together in an album. That's assuming the songs you don't have aren't filler though.

Yeah, I plan on. I hear bands sometimes talk about how they don't put some songs onto an album because it didn't really fit in with the other songs so I figured that a good album is more crafted rather then shoved together.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

darkace21
[ Display Name History ]

darkace21

Bear Fur

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 355 posts
  • RSN:Aah
Almost everything, but I prefer dubstep.

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

People in glass houses should shower in the basement.

BonScott
[ Display Name History ]

BonScott

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • RSN:Til My Death
  • Clan:I consider myself....free lance.
Pretty much any kind of Rock. I can go from the Beatles to All Shall Perish and back without blinking an eye. I'll also listen to a little rap. Only old school rap and hip-hop though.....rap died after 2000.
"You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you are all the same." - Jonathan Davis

Sirmetalkid
[ Display Name History ]

Sirmetalkid

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • RSN:SirMetalkid
  • Clan:HYT
Talk about, pop music! Yeah the main genre I listen to is pop music.

Azvareth
[ Display Name History ]

Azvareth

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts

Black Keys really opened my eyes, tbh. Really thought good rock and blues was dead. Then i heard the Black Keys.

You should give Joe Bonamassa a listen. Opened for B.B. King when he was like 9 years old, and he's 30-something today. Saw him live 1,5 years ago, one of the best gigs ever.

Black_Zabbeth
[ Display Name History ]

Black_Zabbeth

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • RSN:Halo Man311
I try to keep an open-mind when it comes to music, however there are a lot of genres in music so I can't say "I heard it all".. A list of some of the genres I listen too are.
---
Country (Mostly older stuff like Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Loretta Lynn and Minnie Pearl)
Bluegrass
Rock (Post-50's)
Rock 'n Roll (Pre-60's)
Blues
Metal
Punk
Jazz (Mostly Smooth Jazz)
Grunge
Classical
Folk
Irish
Mariachi
Pop
---
Posted Image

gago
[ Display Name History ]

gago

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 947 posts
  • RSN:gago
  • RSN2:GAG0
Although i listen to/like many genres, i've recently been headbangin' to metal, especially Thrash/Speed :)
My "main genre" has been punk-rock for many years now, mostly 90s PR. I still listen to it, but nowadays i have many different genres added in the mix.

I don't like rap/hip hop or similar and the most of todays pop music.

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

Stats

Miaow
[ Display Name History ]

Miaow

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • RSN:Mayonese
Reggae, Alternative,Rap mostly.
Posted Image

JPMC Mate
[ Display Name History ]

JPMC Mate

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,965 posts
  • RSN:CajoleDracoX
  • Clan:L33T CC
Rap and Hip-Hop mostly; sometimes R&B, and rarely Rock/Pop.
[url=http://www.rsbandb.com/]Posted Image[/url]

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

J a m e s
[ Display Name History ]

J a m e s

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 380 posts
metal, hardcore punk, post-hardcore, trance, general electronica, triphop, metalcore, industrial rock, lolpop-punk

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

Kalphite
[ Display Name History ]

Kalphite

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,229 posts
  • RSN:kalphiteman4
I like a bit of a weird mixture of things. Most stuff I listen to is free jazz, metalcore, indie, hardcore, alt rock, dubstep, post-hardcore, pop-punk, industrial, emo/screamo, or rap. I listen to a smattering of most other things as well though, only big genres i haven't really given a try are ambient/drone, noise, classical, and country, not out of some prejudice against them but simply because I haven't had the time or means to give them a proper chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users