Roll to Dodge: The Tavern

Jehosaphat

One word: comedic value. :thumbup:

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ieyfura

Industrial Dance: +1 to agility/flexibilty, w/e the stat is for that sorta thing.

Cocky Attitude: -1 in knowing when to run away and when to fight.

Weapon: Crowbar

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Res, I don't think this has sessions.

What he said. It's basically, once everyone's posted their actions, the GM rolls up one big turn, then waits for everyone to post their next actions. This way, there's no added advantage or disadvantage based on whether or not you can speedpost.

Oh, and Mather, you're A. not the only one with a gun (Res's hangun pistol thing) and B. not at a huge advantage due to the d6 hit system.

Archi, the benefits and such are supposed to be attached to your character, not your weapon. Also, the automatic +6 to casting Solar Strike when the sun's out would be definitely gamebreaking, considering that a 6 is the roll where you win so hard that things start breaking.

Iey, looks good.

In case you guys haven't seen it before, the d6 system is basically:

1 - You fail epically.

2 - You fail normally.

3 - You sort of succeed.

4 - You succeed.

5 - You succeed, with a few extras.

6 - You win so hard that things start to break.

And I'm still waiting on action posts from: Iey, Lynx, Res, and Retech.

a70c7.png

I put my crowbar over my shoulders and go outside to see if there is anything entertaining to do.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Name: Iku Owage (Iku for short)

Perks:

Zombie Survivalist Expert: +1 to all rolls that concern survival in anyway or zombies in anyway. This perk can be consumed, rendering it useless for 5 rounds for an in game hint.

If I get lag out here....: Still believes his in a video game and has a random chance to have a lag fit, where he takes -2 on all rolls for the severity of the lag spasm.

Bio:

Having been keeping up with the latest zombie games during the outbreak, Iku was unable to tell if the real outbreak was a video game or actual real life. Believing that a zombie outbreak is redicious, he decided that he is dreaming and that the zombie outbreak is part of it.

Weapon:

Automatic Crossbow.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Perks:

Zombie Survivalist Expert: +1 to all rolls that concern survival in anyway or zombies in anyway. This perk can be consumed, rendering it useless for 5 rounds for an in game hint.

If I get lag out here....: Still believes his in a video game and has a random chance to have a lag fit, where he takes -2 on all rolls for the severity of the lag spasm.

Bio:

Having been keeping up with the latest zombie games during the outbreak, Iku was unable to tell if the real outbreak was a video game or actual real life. Believing that a zombie outbreak is redicious, he decided that he is dreaming and that the zombie outbreak is part of it.

Weapon:

Automatic Crossbow.

I need a probability for the lag spasm. Otherwise, looks good.

a70c7.png

1D6, if I roll a 1. Roll if every time or every other time if you want.

After you roll a 1, roll another dice for severity. A 6 cures it instantly.

Also my first action

I smash all the vending machines open on the floor and hoard the crap I find into a container.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Jen grabs all the books regarding magic from the area, and looks for an exit.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Okay, I added one last rule that I forgot to the OP - if you haven't posted an action for over 36 hours, the GM does your action for you. This is so we don't end up waiting a week for someone just to get a turn in.

Right now, we're only waiting on Res....

a70c7.png

Sorry, for my late post. Mather, mine is a shotgun and thus can use shotgun cartridges and standard bullets.

I look around the office to see if the internet has any connection: I then quickly attempt to trawl the net for websites such as reddit and twitter.

qTLQRuS.png

I look around the office to see if the internet has any connection: I then quickly attempt to trawl the net for websites such as reddit and twitter.
You [6] manage to find a laptop that still has a full battery life! In your ecstasy at finding this, you accidentally smash open a few windows. You try to surf the interwebs, but [2] it would appear that the servers are down. All of them.
/me looks for anything that works by flammable gas.
You [1] can't find anything that works by flammable gas, and trip on some debris instead. You land face-first on a pile of staplers. [6] You remain uninjured except for a few bruises, but the fall caused a stapler to fly out of the pile and lodge itself firmly in a zombie's face.
Starts reading his book, without a care in the world.
You [1] try to read your book upside-down and give yourself a few dozen papercuts in the process.
Nex gathers a pile of all sharp, metal, and weighty objects in the room and throws them at any zombie that comes into view (breaks a hole in the door, yada yada).
You [4] gather a pile of glass bits, pens, and other sharp objects. You see a zombie through a window in the door, and [6+1] throw some glass shards at it. They ricochet everywhere, and you can hear the death screams of many, many zombies behind the door.
I put my crowbar over my shoulders and go outside to see if there is anything entertaining to do.
You attempt to walk outside, and [4] walk into a window. You're on the 32nd floor, just walking outside is not advised right now.
Celeste rests a hand on the hilt of her sword, keeping a close eye on the others and begins humming as many Zelda tunes as she can remember
You watch everyone else do random stuff, and manage to [5] dodge some ricocheting glass shards from Nex's throwing.
I smash all the vending machines open on the floor and hoard the crap I find into a container.
You [2] manage to smash open a vending machine, but it's empty. In fact, they all are. You hoard the broken vending machine bits in a cardboard filing box anyways.
Jen grabs all the books regarding magic from the area, and looks for an exit.
You [4+1] find some scrawlings on a napkin with what you think might be spells written on them. You [3] notice that there are exits everywhere, but most of them are stopped up by zombies or a lack of electricity.
Grim realizes that the puny half men can not hold off even the most pitiful of the walking dead, and looks for any fire escapes/balconies with which a tactical retreat would be possible. He also looks for supplies, most notably ammunition for the half men's fire rods.
You [1] walk onto a fire escape, and the rusty structure collapses beneath you, leaving you barely hanging on to a rusty handrail 32 stories in the air. Thankfully, [6] the noise attracts no zombies. You can [3] see some ammo boxes on the fire escape a few floors down, but there's zombies down there.

[hide=Statuses]

[hide=Icu]

Perks: Zombie Survivalist Expert | Lag

Weapon: Automatic Crossbow.

Wounds: None.

Inventory: Box full of vending machine bits[/hide]

[hide=Iey]Ieyfura

Perks: Industrial Dance | Cocky Attitude

Weapon: Crowbar

Inventory: None[/hide]

[hide=Nex]Name: Nex

Perks: Middle Management RAGE | Medieval Training

Weapon: Standing Lamp

Inventory: Small pile of pens, glass shards, and other pointy odds and ends.[/hide]

[hide=Earth]Name: Earth

Perks: Bookworm | Crazy

Weapons: Fists.

Wounds: Bunch of papercuts.

[hide=Lynx]Name: Celeste

Perks: LoZ Nerd | APBTD

Weapon: Sword

Wounds: None

Inventory: None

[/hide]

[hide=Resistance] Charlie "Compulsive Gambler" Dixon

Perks: Cheating Bastard | Bad Driver|Compulsive Gambler

Weapon: Four-barrel shotgun pistol

Inventory: Laptop (Power: 100%)[/hide]

[hide=Retech]Name: Jen

Perks: True Nerd | Skeptic

Weapons: Pen/Wand

Inventory: Possibly-magical scrawlings[/hide]

[hide=Grim]Name: Grim

Perks: GRIM SMASH, GRIM STRONG! | YOUR BOOK LEARNING IS FOR WEAK, GIRLY MEN

Weapon: Falchion

[hide=Mather]Name: Mathias.

Perks: Unstable | Unstable Part II

Weapon: 12mm handgun

Wounds: Bruises on face.

[/hide]

a70c7.png

Jen deciphers the napkin spell and tests the spell out on an empty wall. (What spells does she start with?)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Goes to get Grim off of the Fire Escape.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Name: Jamal

Perks

- Getto roots - Gets a +1 for shooting, stabbing and running from police zombies

- Dem Numbas - Gets a -1 on all tasks requiring a 7th grade or higher education

Weapon - A cheap AK-47 clone with the barrel sawed off that he tucks under his shirt, and a 4" switchblade. (If AK isn't allowed, either a Mac-11 or a 10" blade)

Bio: Born in Compton, raised in the streets of The Bronx, all Jamal has ever known is the ghetto. At the age of 17 he was sentenced to 10 years in prison for selling cocaine after he tried to deal in the holding cell where he was being held for selling cocaine to 6th graders as 'magic powder'. Jamal had only been employed in the office for 2 days as a janitor, and had only gone so his P.O. wouldn't ship him back off to jail.

Description: Tall and muscular. Has a scar under his left eye, and a prison tat on the right side. Has fair skin, blonde hair and blue eyes.

-----------------------

Noticing the zombies breaking into the room, Jamal lets out a high pitched squeal, and begins chucking computers at the zombies.

Grim pulls himself up, using his far superior strength to easily get back into the room. Therein he looks for any ropes, chains or cables that could be used to make a rope. Calling out he shouts "OI, ANYONE WANT TO TAKE CARE OF THE ZOMBIES ON THE FIRE ESCAPE. WHICH ONE OF YOU PUNY MAN THINGS WILL PROVE ITS WORTH?"

LNYvk.png

(Stork, would you mind if I had instant +6 on firing the gun, its a well made custom made gun that is designed not to jam)

Charlie turns off the laptop to preserve battery power. He then takes

Charlie looks out of the window to see what is outside. Charlie loads his gun and approches the stairs, he walks up slowly and carefully so as to prevent himself from falling over or getting attacked by zombies.

His gun is poised high, ready to shoot on sight of a zombie.

He tells the people in the room:

(imagine Charlies voice in a strong new york accent. Sort of like Robert De Niro. Saying Dis, Dat and Woild instead of world.)

"This is are only exit, we're going to have to storm through it if we want to escape"

And with that he checked his gun for bullets, if bullets weren't in it then he loads them.

"Everyone, we're going to need to charge through and get to the roof, we'll sort out food there but for now it'd be better if we were safer. Wood isn't going to last against these [cabbage]s"

"Iku, Jen, Mathias , Jamal, Xoex and Me will need to protect the area once the barricade is down, we are the ones with ranged weapons and we will have to use them. The rest won't be much use unless our bullets fail. After that we will go upstairs collecting materials from all of the rooms as we go, we will also need to blow up the stairs to prevent zombie from getting in. Food, water and medication will be an issue so we will have to assign jobs for people to enter the ground floor and take equipment for us at the top of the roof.

If we could please collect all curtains, fabric and chairs we can use them to help us ascend to a nearby building and scout for resources there.

Now could the people with melee weapons please stand to the side of the door, ready to take on the incoming attackers and could the people with ranged weapons stand infront of the door ready to fire. We need to get upstairs before dusk"

"Now on my count could anybody with a melee weapon aid the zombies in destroying the barricade, please just help them break it and allow them in. We can then proceed to open fire"

qTLQRuS.png

Nex holds [Lynx's character] between him and the most immediate zombie threat, and continues throwing pointies over her shoulder.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;