What are you doing, man? Just finishing up a task of 347 teaks.

PuppyKing

This could be the greatest idea ever, or it could really suck. Its late at night, dont make fun of me.

My idea is having a Woodcutting Master. This npc would give you woodcutting tasks, much like slayer tasks. The tasks could be a certain number of logs from a certain tree. Finishing up a task could give a woodcutting exp bonus.

:thumbup:

^Agree with Zokot^

As long as there was a master like this for more than just one skill, this looks like a great idea. The only problem I can see is that there would have to be a way to avoid getting something higher than your current level. Slayer just assigns a monster, that anybody can kill. Then, when you get to a certain level in slayer, certain monsters that require higher levels pop-up. With the exception of required slayer levels, just about any P2p player can kill just about any npc, if said player has enough prayer pots, and/or food. This wouldn't be too hard to put into other skills though.

60.png

Join FC "w60_find_pen" For Penguins every week, and helpful people!

mertick.png

^Agree with Zokot^

As long as there was a master like this for more than just one skill, this looks like a great idea. The only problem I can see is that there would have to be a way to avoid getting something higher than your current level. Slayer just assigns a monster, that anybody can kill. Then, when you get to a certain level in slayer, certain monsters that require higher levels pop-up. With the exception of required slayer levels, just about any P2p player can kill just about any npc, if said player has enough prayer pots, and/or food. This wouldn't be too hard to put into other skills though.

How about a xp-bonus?

Luck be a Lady

I couldn't help smiling over the simplicity of this suggestion.

Sometimes the best ideas are the simplest ones.

Support. :thumbup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

This is actually quite a nice idea. I guess the Sawmill was supposed to do that, but who goes there? :( Would be great to see some assignments for each skill to change things. :D

To K4ylan I'd like to see it fairly comparable in average but slower in cases of powertrainging a few levels. I mean a task of 600 yews is going to be a lot slower than a task of 1000 oaks this would break up the monotony definitely but the idea of making woodcutting fun is just ridiculous.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Adding to the above post we could add Dungeoneering too.

eg:

"Finish your next floor with a time less than ____"

"Have at least ______ amount of coins in your inventory when finishing the dungeon"

"Use only ____ attack style for the whole dungeon"

"Never let your health fall below ____ LP for the whole dungeon"

Id rather have something like that but then for fishing as fishing is a LOT slower as woodcutting is right now

And a lot more boredom with fishing as well, nothing special like birdsnests for woodcutting..

Oggymasta.png

Current drops: 4 Shield Left Half, 3 Abyssal Whip, 2 Dragon Platelegs, 1 Dragon Plateskirt, 4 Dragon Medium Helmets, 1 Dragon Spear 1 Dark Bow

This was a nice break from the RANTS forum i was just reading! Great idea, simple and quite brilliant.

Kudos, hopefully this or something similar catches on.

hows the weather up there. where the rich people live. currently, in the poor area its -1.

The simplicity and elegance of the whole thing is remarkable.

I'm thinking of the possibility of variations and combination tasks too. As a simple example, cut down 347 Yew logs, then burn 347 Yew logs, for a bonus in woodcutting and firemaking xp. Skills are meant to work together, why not embrace that?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I support, I was just thinking today of a way to incorporate slayer tasks into dungeoneering. Like kill 200 humanoids and gain bonus dungeoneering xp, and slayer xp. Your idea could tie every skill together though which would be great.

Low_C.png

The simplicity and elegance of the whole thing is remarkable.

I'm thinking of the possibility of variations and combination tasks too. As a simple example, cut down 347 Yew logs, then burn 347 Yew logs, for a bonus in woodcutting and firemaking xp. Skills are meant to work together, why not embrace that?

I agree.

I used to have my friends assign me tasks of this nature, anyway, so getting bonus experience for doing what I usually do would be nice. :thumbup: