What are you doing, man? Just finishing up a task of 347 teaks.

PuppyKing

• 2 weeks later...

but the idea of making woodcutting fun is just ridiculous.

Yeah cause a part of the game should be totally boring...

ow wait....

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Sounds like a good plan to me :thumbsup: Why didn't anyone think of this before?

Tec106.png

The fact that nobody understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.

I feel like im spitting out all of the replies that I just read, but this is a great idea. It would break up the monotony of many skills considerably. You should definitely pursue the idea through some other medium; perhaps the RSOF.

Follow my progress toward maxing in f2p here:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/296111-levine1996-maxing-out-100-f2p/

Members already have Lumberjack clothing for woodcutting xp bonuses.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Good idea. As others have said, it could be used in other skills aside from w/c. I'd like to see a Cooking one, perhaps.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

But isn't this the purpose of the statue in Varrock museum, to try and make you train skills that you wouldn't normally?

Or is this a way to break the monotomy of doing a singular skill at the same place. i.e. wcing at ivy?

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Brilliant. But to balance out the Bonus XP, you should have to go to to special trees, since Slayer generally has not-anyone-can-get-to places. Woodcutting pretty much allows anyone with a level to chop a tree, with many of the same tree throughout RS. Slayer monsters are usually in one place.

Making it so only players on a WC Task chop these trees would be good, like Slayer's new limiting of Strykewyrms and other monsters than your task in Kuradel's.

Faust_123.png

I love this. Support, support, support.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

It's only going to be cute until you realize how horribly inefficient it is. "Chop 200 Magic Logs", "Mine 200 Rune Ores", "Catch 200 Sharks" for example, would be horrible bad exp and money. By the time you finish it you could have gained tripple the amount of money and/or exp by doing something even slightly more efficient. Even things like Willows and Mahoganies and Yews, Mithril, Adamant, any form of Abyssal Runecrafting, Monks, Sharks, Lobsters, etc, etc, etc. are horrible compared to "modern" training methods (some of which don't even require your full attention). This will only be used by a minority who aren't capable of thinking logic. Only way to make something like this work is:

a.) Offer large exp rewards to make up for time wasted doing bad tasks/assignments (relative to your level of course)

b.) Offer large gp reward to make the slower exp rates a bit more worth while.

Not everyone is in it for the fastest xp or the most gp/hr, but I have to agree that there would need to be extra rewards for completing the tasks. Personally, I'd welcome not only a way to break up the monotony of skilling but a reason to do it.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• 2 weeks later...

I actually like this idea a lot. The same could be done for almost any skill. And i have a little addition to this idea that might very well be excellent.

Add a sub level to the skill. For example, you could have 99 woodcutting and level 27 lumberjacking*, and you level your lumberjacking by completing woodcutting tasks. Lumberjacking could unlock new equipment, trees, locations...

You have 74 fishing and level 3 angling* You level your angling by completing fishing tasks. Angling could unlock new equipment, fish, locations...

You have level 38 smithing and level 1 forging* You level your forging by completing smithing tasks. Forging could unlock new equipment, new armours to create, locations...

etc. etc.

The tasks will give a noticable main skill boost of xp, and an even larger sub level amount of xp.

* I suck with names but you get the point.

The unlockable things would require X main skill level and X sub-level, sub level should train quite a lot faster than main level, meaning you don't have to train 100% from tasks.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Amazin idea, there could also be bonus items, cosmetics, and stuff for completing maximum number of tasks,

this could be spun into a minigame/skill (kinda like dungeoneering lol)

Also it is true that there should be a balance between fun and power training but an exp bonus would make sure

that gettin oaks at lv 80 wood cuttin wouldnt be 2 bad.

Full support on this one =D

Tarun1998.png

I like this. I think all resource and collecting skills need a master. But here's what I suggest. Instead of bonus exp, completing tasks earns points respective to the skill trained. Points could then be used on equipment, exp, ect (much like slayer). For example:

You Chopped 124 teaks as assigned by the wc master (lets pretend his name is woody). This was your 100th task done in a row, and from previous ones and this 100 streak, you are at 10000 points (idk what the values would be). Now you can buy wc exp - 100 for 10K, or 1M exp total, you can buy a blade sharpener or whatever that will once attacked to your hatchet increase exp by .08%, you can buy the ability to get twice as many logs, or maybe burn logs at a 1:2 ration when using an adze. Just random ideas but basically doing enough tasks could get you better gear.

Also thieving could work as in pickpocket x from y and give it to the master and he'll trade you some exp or some new thing like the ability to make a new potion that will allow you 30 seconds of unfailable pickpocketing. Idk random ideas but I love this. I might play again if they did this, as I loved the quests most, and I can finish reqs now for the last few :)

Sounds interesting indeed. Maybe this is even a way to frustrate the bot armada (being F2p I have no idea about wether they can do slayer etc or not but I would think this would make it a lot harder for em)

And ofc it breaks up the monotone training of *I gotta burn 10k maples to get level X*

You have my support

sebas379.png

[hide]

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing;

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews;

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores;

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

[/hide]

• 3 weeks later...