What are you doing, man? Just finishing up a task of 347 teaks.

PuppyKing

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This thread deserves a bump.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I like the idea, but I think it would be too closely related to slayer, and applying it to other skills would actually reduce the variability of the game, in that each skill is trained differently (with the exception of combat), and by introducing this, it makes all skills trained the same way.

Right now we have something like this:

Go to slayer master and get task, finish task, do some laps at an agility course, woodcut a bit.

Changing it would give us this:

Go to slayer master and get task, finish task, go to agility master and get task, finish task, go to woodcutting master, get task, finish task.

Hopefully I was able to get my ideas across without too much confusion :P

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

I like the idea, but I think it would be too closely related to slayer, and applying it to other skills would actually reduce the variability of the game, in that each skill is trained differently (with the exception of combat), and by introducing this, it makes all skills trained the same way.

Right now we have something like this:

Go to slayer master and get task, finish task, do some laps at an agility course, woodcut a bit.

Changing it would give us this:

Go to slayer master and get task, finish task, go to agility master and get task, finish task, go to woodcutting master, get task, finish task.

Hopefully I was able to get my ideas across without too much confusion :P

I see it more as a means of adding new content to the game.

There are loads of tree type IRL that can be added into the game

There are loads of Fish IRL that can be added into the game.

There are loads of Ores IRL that can be added into the game.

I also think that it's unique enough. I mean fishing/wc/mining are all the same. You gather something out of a fixed spot. Attack/str/def/hp are all the same as well.

Sure it's going to have its similarities with slayer but you can also do plenty to make it stand apart from slayer.

4e0Vn.png

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really an awesome idea. Should be simple to implement as well. No mini-games, either! Just taskmasters dedicated to each skill which will give you the task, not much different than Slayer really, as has been mentioned. 100% support, I've even brought it up to my friends in game since I lurked this thread (well...alll threads) a few weeks ago :)

Edit: Meant to also say this idea could be expanded on quite a lot - with rewards and other fun stuff like that, which people have mentioned above. Now, if only Jagex gave a crap what we wanted!

Jubei_Reborn.png

The Fox Returns!

• 1 year later...