Most influential/iconic players of RS2?

Spartan3450

I think myself, for showing Pures/Lower defence accounts could still be created with success after the combat system changes from RS1 to RS2 (only 3 dominant levels per combat, not 4).

I have never heard of you in my entire life.

Really? That is surprising because he was one of the only few maxed rune pures (if not the first). He may seem conceited for throwing his name in the mix but the OP included pures in his list and in that case 3HitU has to be mentioned.

And there should also be a mention of someone like Chessy018, simply because merching clans manipulating the GE was such an issue back then and she was the leader of one of the biggest of these clans. Not to mention the enormous amount of wealth she collected. She would go on my list simply because of her influence on the game.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain who 3hitu is? Lmfao ive never heard of him.

Back before the wilderness was replaced with bounty hunter, and after RS2 became the main game, Pking was a lot different than it is today. Because training all combat skills was much, much slower, there were a lot fewer pures (because people resented putting in the effort to train to "perfect" pking stats). 3HitU was one of the first maxed pures (not sure exactly what type) and he was very innovative in his stats for the time. He was very low defence (I think 45 at the highest, but I feel like he was 1 defence for a while) and he ended up being a very successful and famous pker during his time. Many people tried to mimic his accounts stats so they could pk like him. But as pures became more and more common, and eventually, the norm, his fame declined.

Its also worth noting that during the switch from classic to RS2, combat mechanics changed drastically, which further emphasized the innovation of 3hitu's account for his time.

I think myself, for showing Pures/Lower defence accounts could still be created with success after the combat system changes from RS1 to RS2 (only 3 dominant levels per combat, not 4).

Haha, you are so damn predictable (and full of yourself) it starts to get funny.

Haha, you are so damn predictable (and full of yourself) it starts to get funny.

If you did it, it's not bragging. :wink:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

As adamant as I have been to not take part in price manipulation, I'd nominate chessy for both her pre-GE merchanting (she owned the willow market, as well as raw lobsters, I think) and post-GE merchanting/manipulation, which was so wildly successful and controversial that even j-mods couldn't keep their rules straight.

At the release of free trade, her santa pile (80b), assuming liquidity, was worth over $60,000 in the black market. That's quite an achievement.

lalalasig2.png

Zezima and Zarfot both grab the top spot.

Also, this might be only me, but Bwuk Im Pb deserves a spot on that list as well. Pretty much everyone knew who he was.

pendulumsig.png

138 Combat as of Summer 2010 - Retired Summer 2010

I think anyone who PKed in the starting days of RS2 had at least heard of 3HitU. Those were the fun days. Wasn't like the current game where everyone's maxed out and with the best gear :D

I remember actually PK'ing with a magic shortbow, 70 ranged and still getting solid kills. Right now that just seems some noobish utopia.

Anyhow, Zezima, King Duffy and the Old Nite are the only ones who I remember from the not-PKing scene.

Definitely Zarfot and Zezima.

And more personally, Sxq Power (tip.iter) had tons of MHing videos years ago that really inspired me to want to max combat. He's basically the reason I've been working towards that for so many years.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

If you did it, it's not bragging. :wink:

Bragging isn't lying. It's to talk about something with excessive self-pride, so he is bragging; and being arrogant. Of course plenty of people have heard of him, such as myself, but that doesn't mean he is an influential player. The fact he believes he 'proved' to people that pure's were still viable PK'ers after the release of RS2 is also ridiculous. People have brains and worked this out on their own.

The one thing he can be mentioned as an influential player for is the fact he was the first, or at least one of the first, to reach the 'maxed pure' status, but his previous boasts of arrogance demote him, he reminds me of people who give to charity and then tell everyone about it. It's kind of ironic and devaluing.

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

Lol it's funny how people respond to 3hitu and deny his contribution because of his cockyness. Regardless of his attitude, he is a big name, a big influence, and started a unique trend. Don't cry because he's not humble, he's done more than most people here.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Zezima! He really "Inspired" me to go for All 99s & for being Rank #1 on Runescape the Longest

N0valyfe Very FAST Exp gained! Quickest to get to Rank #1

Zarfot Fast Exp Gainer. Almost Rank #1 in Total Exp

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 6/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

Damn, Drumgun never gets any love =x You'd think he'd start getting a little of the recognition that Gert did, considering he's had the most 200ms three times in a row now.

Problem is, with his total, he has always flown under the radar. Which is exactly why he gets no recognition, apparently because he does not want it.

Lol it's funny how people respond to 3hitu and deny his contribution because of his cockyness. Regardless of his attitude, he is a big name, a big influence, and started a unique trend. Don't cry because he's not humble, he's done more than most people here.

I agree. He deserves a mention alongside I Mahatma I and the rest of them.

Also +1 to chessy018.

Staurolite.png

Volcanic Fox did it first :P

77yLQy8.png

In my eyes..

Zezima - Overall greatest player ever, most famous too. Noone can catch his fame, this game will always be his.

Chessy018 - Richest (befor hack)

Kids ranqe - Mad pker

Defil3d - Youtube

I wouldn't be surprised if most people have never heard of Defil3d. She was huge when I first started to get heavily involved in members RuneScape. Chessy018 was big during the merchant clan phase of the GE. She's not even discussed that often anymore.

Very nice list you've compiled. The Youtube guys are iffy, but you cannot deny the fact most of RuneScape have heard of them, making them an icon of sorts. I'd go with N0valyfe for #10. He was huge, but didn't continue his fame.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012