Most influential/iconic players of RS2?

Spartan3450

I think tip.it had an interview with N0valyfe a few years back. Let me see if I can dig it up.

Edit: found it http://www.tip.it/runescape/?times=33

Ive read that quite a few times, but not in a while. Very interesting read I would recommend if you guys have not yet.

And n0valyfe is on my list, at #3 =P

I am considering chessy as a possible 10th. I do remember defil3d, but I don't think her fame by itself on youtube earns her a spot in the top 10. I am also considering villandra, for her numerous achievements on "noob" accounts as well as her relatively brief time atop the highscores.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe we have an interview with Zezima as well. Perhaps even one with a friend of The Old Nite. Those would be a good read for anyone who hasn't read them, they're fantastic.

I'll go pull em up for the lazier people

Edit:

Zezima- http://www.tip.it/runescape/?times=39

The one about The Old Nite was in memory of him- http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?times=46

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

bluerose13x was only player that had dominated rs best weapon market completely alone since she was only player able to bring them in game...everyone that had player rs atleast week knew her name and most high levels/pkers wanted to get smithing service from her because she was only source of best def/attack equipments at time.

at that rate she was more famous than zezima was ever...zezima had actually not much need by players he has mostly name only that ppl knew.

Zezima because during my time you could always guarantee he was at the top of the highscores.

It doesn't just symbolize a player, but it symbolises a time period. I'm sure many of us could agree on that. The newer generation plays this game not realizing who they are or what they did. I suppose also in the time spent between that era and the current time is the amount of people who got those levels. Since those skills have been out for a long time, and more better money making techniques were released (along with better training methods), 99 skills became one of those things that are just a given. Everybody and their dog has a 99 skill nowadays, not like back in the Zezima era where those who had 99 skills were often looked up to. Now you look at the highscores and a large quantity of the skills are filled up with the first page of players having 200m XP.

That's what I think anyway. It's getting semi-off topic but the only player I can personally think of that influenced my time period the most was Zezima. I know a lot of you will disagree with me, but it's my personal time period. I'm not old school enough to remember Bluerose13x or anyone in that era. Yes, I guess I should mention other notables such as Fredmcgarry and such, but Zezima (at least in my opinion anyway) stood above the rest.

j0xPu5R.png

I always enjoyed Vinnydakid, 3 HIT U, and I Kasoy I as pkers when I was playing. Watched their videos and everything.

Zezima, and a few people from on this website influenced me the most.

Turnpikes.png

Without doubt, Zezima has to have been the biggest name on Runescape of all time, topping the leaderboards for years at a time and being generally a nice guy, along with the global fame he had. 3 hit u, you *were* big, but by NO means the biggest, hell most people have forgotten about you. (No offence ;) )

A big name to me, though I doubt many people have heard of him, is Renez. Check him out, 95 in every skill, he's been levelling every skill evenly for years and I really respect him for his take on the game.

Oh I whole heartedly agree, most people have no idea who I am anymore, it's actually quite nice logging in (whenever it is, maybe once every 3 months) and not getting pestered all the time :)

@3 Hit U

After some thought, I decided against adding you in with the 04-07 pkers because, from what I remember, you were not quite the youtube sensation they were. You clearly would have made the top 10 on a "most influential/iconic pkers" thread, but I don't think I can put you on top 10 most influential/iconic players of RS2. Though I can say you did make it into my "famous players" screenshot folder back in 06 or something when I saw you at pest control =P.

I wouldn't have put my name in the pkers/stakers list of RS2 either as I wasn't a big fan of it and hardly ever did it.

My stats were more for-show on RS2, was awesome been the first pure to max and having no one close for almost a year, now-a-days I think there's accounts like mine was made and completed within 3 months or so right?

In fact, how many are maxed these days, does any one know?

Lol it's funny how people respond to 3hitu and deny his contribution because of his cockyness. Regardless of his attitude, he is a big name, a big influence, and started a unique trend. Don't cry because he's not humble, he's done more than most people here.

I'm not cocky (as much) any more, I've really mellowed a lot, it's surprising really lol.

Lol it's funny how people respond to 3hitu and deny his contribution because of his cockyness. Regardless of his attitude, he is a big name, a big influence, and started a unique trend. Don't cry because he's not humble, he's done more than most people here.

Actually, he's still not maxed.

If you want to do melee only though, he was still 10 months later than me (he was 2nd) person melee-wise to max out if I remember rightly.

--------------------------------------------------

==================================================

--------------------------------------------------

Back to the original post though, my opinion:

N0valyfe, as I remember he came into RS2 (not sure if he played RS1 much) but he got all 99s in the space of under 2 years I believe, that in itself is a huge, huge achievement and definitely deserves a mention.

Of course Zezima deserves a mention, he always should get one.

Sushidame (name change- Chilly) is fairly influencial, as far as I'm concerned. She has 54 Defence and 200M slayer xp, aswell as being 4 total levels away from being maxed with her defence level (excluding 120 dg). She's not exactly well-known, but I know she's influenced me a ton, so I thought I'd post it.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

Villandra deserves to be on that list, I agree on that.

(Interview with her from the Clan Chronicle can be found here.)

Otherwise a nice list, mostly agree with it. As a few others, I don't find all the YouTubers as influential, but some of them definitely deserve their spot. :thumbup:

Edit: <3 Duffy for the mad skill ranks.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Still, he nominated himself as an influential/iconic player before anyone else did, plus after he did so people were asking who he was because they didn't recognise him.

He may of done a lot for the game, but not compared to the others listed, otherwise people would of asked questions about their names.

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

Zezima

Gertjaars

Zarfot

For pure highscore dominance.

Kingduffy

Green098

For highscore longevity.

Telmomarques

Elias

Suomi

Those who are becoming legends as we speak.

Notable mention to Drumgun for accumulating the most 200M skills since last summer.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Tofraz

Tofraz was Zarfot's YouTube channel's name, which now is empty.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

I'm surprised Villandra/Slayerbelle/Lorica aren't mentioned more here, what she did on those accounts is pretty damn impressive, especially when everyone thought it was impossible.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Still, he nominated himself as an influential/iconic player before anyone else did, plus after he did so people were asking who he was because they didn't recognise him.

He may of done a lot for the game, but not compared to the others listed, otherwise people would of asked questions about their names.

A very flawed analogy.

support for slayerbelle/villandra, she was first to untrim slayer iirc.

zezima/n0valyfe/defil3d in my book as well.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

3hitu was a legend no doubt about it man

killa870yt.png

3hitu was a legend no doubt about it man

When I think of pker first player who comes to my mind is 3 Hit U.

It's been a hell of a ride.

2002-2013