Most influential/iconic players of RS2?

Spartan3450

A big name to me, though I doubt many people have heard of him, is Renez. Check him out, 95 in every skill, he's been levelling every skill evenly for years and I really respect him for his take on the game.

For those wondering, he really has been doing it for ages. This is 28th of December 2005, the day I first heard about him/when friend introduced me to him:

ym1lm.png

I believe we had each other added on msn for a bit, though that's two email accounts ago.

10y3vig.png

proudtitan.png

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great topic, havent had time to respond to it til now so someone has probably already stated the presence of The Old Nite even before RS2. I remember he was the only RS celebrity I ever met in Classic. He was a really nice guy and gave me some good advice for the game and life, I really appreciated it.

A little off topic discussion: If I recall correctly, The Old Nite was 2nd to one other person on the HiScores back in the day, someone named tks. I never met this player or knew anyone who met him, but this was at the beginning of my RS time. Does anyone remember this person? I remember him being on top the HiScores almost as long as Zezima.

wessan.png

For me Zezima will always be the king, I admire Zarfot a lot too for his efficiency. What N0va did was certainly a remarkable achievement. Players like Larryr, Lilyuffie88, Lover Romeo and Jebrim deserve a mention too imo. Larriar, the NPC who sells the runecrafting cape now is named after Larryr.

Renez, X Helchild X, Haha xp ocd have some pretty interesting hiscores as well :-P

Helchild has a pretty awesome yt channel too, he'll always be a legend in my eyes and then there are also the pure free-to-play legends like Mendark 9, Syzygy, S Diamant Y, El Popo1 and Water.

If S U O M I ever manages 200M in all skills he will top my list and I think the race currently between Telmomarques and Elias is making people notice them a little more.

The Old Nite

He was probably the nicest player I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Wish he was still around, I really enjoyed talking with him back when I was a noob.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I'll just name the people who have influenced me the most, as well as influencing many of the other players.

Blackbane,

the founder of the Order of Cabbage has influenced hundreds of players and changed their playstyle. Of course not alone, but he started the trend, and the snowball is still rolling and slowly growing, at times. Other OoC players have probably influenced me more, but Blackbane started it.

Axe Man Jack,

for having his slayer guide and founding the slayer's guild. Those combined got me hooked to slayer, now I just play to slay, if not picking cabbage. I'm sure many other players have gotten hooked on the slayer skill because of his decent guide for medium slayers (on nowaday standards) and the community of tsg.

These two have influenced some players heavily. Probably not recognised as much as highscore guys, but greatly affected the some people who have found out about them, changing their gaming style. Afterall, most highscore guys just make people admire them. (sure, some of them have brought out some good points and decent guides, but most of them just... are there, and not really changing the community)

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

I'll just name the people who have influenced me the most, as well as influencing many of the other players.

Axe Man Jack,

for having his slayer guide and founding the slayer's guild. Those combined got me hooked to slayer, now I just play to slay, if not picking cabbage. I'm sure many other players have gotten hooked on the slayer skill because of his decent guide for medium slayers (on nowaday standards) and the community of tsg.

I never really thought about players who influenced me, but Axe Man Jack really did. Like Mummi said, his guide inspired me to work on slayer and eventually got me hooked and determined to get 99.

Eternis.png

All the people who influenced me the most are just people who I've met around runescape, not famous players. The awesome guy who gave me full iron, invited me to a clan chat and showed me good places to woodcut and fish when I left tutorial island back when rs was more difficult and felt loads bigger and more of a mystery than it does now, without that guy I would have got bored and probably logged out and forgot all about rs.

And some of my pker friends who showed me their insane loots, helped me with pking stats and tricks to survive, those guys inspired me to get good stats and made the pk world look glamorous when I was a noob, they were amazing. Famous players are cool and all but its the people personal to me who really inspired me.

If I had to say a famous player though it would be suomi, when I get bored grinding a skill I think of how he stuck at a fishing spot all the way to 200m fishing, then an agility course to 200m agility, then lrc to 200m mining and so on without ever seeming to get bored and still speaks to everyone who pms him and doesn't act like he's better than everyone else like some top players do and just genuinely enjoys the game instead of just caring for ranks or fame.

Bbk.png

While we're add it we might add Vex for introducing us to Crawlerscape ;).

I'd put Zezima at #1 but I didn't play at the time he wasn't leading the hiscores.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I'd have to go with Zezima as my uncontested #1. Although the list of influential people is massive for myself, 3hitu, mahatma, N0valyfe, and more-so in the past few years Toony and Zarfot. The way all these players changed the game was incredible, it literally blows my mind to think how far the game has gone in just 07 to now. I've been playing since 2002-2003 and the game has always changed and developed over the years and to see all of these players adapt to it with amazing speed is jaw-dropping.

Another special mention I'd have to give to Maximx, he was a fellow tipit-er, definitely what inspired me to train my skills at the time..Not too sure if anyone would remember him though.

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

The Old Nite was amazing. I remember talking to him once in Falador, thinking he was just some cool level 126 guy. Then a bit later I thought, "wait, that guy's name looked familiar... " Couple days later I saw his name in the high scores and flipped out :P

Also randomly saw Zezima one time but, clearly, never got a chance to speak with him. Neither did the 100-person mass following him :P

wl7w9j.png

• 4 weeks later...

Most iconic players of all time in RuneScape are no doubt (hard to limit to just RS2 really):

Zezima

Bluerose13x

Duke Freedom

Chessy018

Zarfot

Of course there are many who have influenced the game alot, or even more, but these people were just so incredibly famous almost everyone, no matter did you play during their era or not, has heard about them. I have to say Zezima being the #1 simply due to fact that people who haven't ever even played RuneScape have heard of him. From friends playing RS and so on. Few times that I've seen him on game, he has always been surrounded by dozens and dozens of players just wanting to see a glimpse of his name.

Bluerose simply for being the only one with 99 smithing back in the days, and able to make R2Hs, which for long was the best weapon in the game and even longer in f2p.

Duke Freedom and Chessy simply for being so loaded it's hard to imagine.

And last but not least, Zarfot. For reasons posted multiple times above.

People who deserve a special mention: Renez (my personal favourite), Pure Kq Pax, Larryr, Jebrim, S U O M I, The Old Nite, N0valyfe..

u5zhkTY.gif

Well, Magnus is the only maxed p2p skiller (?) and a great influence to me and probably quite a few others.

One of the reasons I made this skiller as a challenge to myself.