Most influential/iconic players of RS2?

Spartan3450

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not too big on "famous" RuneScape players, but I've always liked Spaderdabomb. Wrote a skill guide for all skills. That's as influential as it gets for me :P

Tec106.png

The fact that nobody understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.

The old nite certainly has to fit a spot up there.. He was a very important person in the early days.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Durial321, he taught everyone that you're safe no where. Hell I remember the rumors going around a few hours before it happened, mind you I was still a noob back than, so I got nervous, banked my stuff and logged out in varrock around 10 hours before it happened. Good times, good times.

patr1ckotg1.png

3 hit u was the first person in RS that achieved over 1 billion gp's btw wasn't he?

Was the first person to take a pictuer of 1b gp... and he borrowed it all from a bunch of friends .. took a picture and gave it back to his friends

I didn't borrow it all, but I did borrow it yes, I borrowed around 400M of it I think, I was probably no where near the first to own 1000M coins. I can't remember what the picture even looked like but I'm sure it was when I was quite low defence, maybe 15 or 20, back in the day lol.

u were standing outside canifis bank i know im weird for remembering that

Free.png

@Dragonseance #1 to 200m all.

www.twitter.com/dragonseance

u were standing outside canifis bank i know im weird for remembering that

I think I found it :)

I must have borrowed around 700M or so, I think I wanted to see if it said "M" or "B" next to the coins as no one new back then? (I'm guessing so).

Also, judging from what I'm wearing, I'd say that was around 2005.

Edit: Bloody hell, look at those Arrows and Arrow-tips, back then, Bronze/Iron were like 25Gp each, I'd hate to think what those Steels cost me! I must have been one rich guy back then, sadly not now lol.

3hitu2ew.png

me, because im awesome.

but id say i mahatama i was one of them, and kidz ranqe or however you spell it.

artemis1330 was my personal idol/influential though, in how much he affected me personally, because of his awesomeness in GDW and his tutelage made me close to half a billion from godwars drops

and 6kirkegard, who founded guardians of fate. all the big monster hunters 'back in the day knew of him.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

The list is, on the whole, accurate, though I'd say that Durial is better known than 8th - for those of us who were playing that day (though I remember distinctly that I was in my POH, building my house and totally oblivious) and almost everyone since, the Falador Massacre is more famous than Gert, who was just known for being on the hiscores for a bit.

Zezima is undoubtedly number 1, fully agree with that.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I'm not scrolling past 7 pages so sorry if already mentioned - but 1 player that really stand out for me is larryr (http://rsplayers.wikia.com/wiki/Larryr), even after all these years.

She got 157M rc xp before tiaras (not to mention abyss, ZMI, pouches, teletabs, free xp games) even came out - absolutely insane. Even today, 5 years after RC and RS2 release, she ranks #4 in RC. And to add to that, she is an extremely nice player who never felt that her being #1 RCer entitled her to anything.

You don't have to be #1 in all levels and xp to really gain the respect of the community, larryr is one of the cases. I'm glad someone (not me) took the time to make her a page on the RS wikia - it really is a lasting and worthy tribute to a great player.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

I haven't read this entire thread, but has anyone mentioned "Summer Sleep" or any of the other well-known "skillers" like "Zzzamorak"?

... oh and what was the name of that one player who was totally F2P and had 99 in all the F2P skills?

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

I haven't read this entire thread, but has anyone mentioned "Summer Sleep" or any of the other well-known "skillers" like "Zzzamorak"?

... oh and what was the name of that one player who was totally F2P and had 99 in all the F2P skills?

Syzygy?

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Syzygy?

Yes -- that's the one! Thanks! :thumbsup:

nyuseg.png

What about omustardo/Castle Wars - both for being the first person to a trimmed completionist cape and (perhaps more importantly for this thread) for being the first person to publicly advocate the use of mousekeys in runescape.

Or A C I D Y for accidentally inventing price manipulation clans?

Zezima.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

If anything Omar because he actually did get trimmed comp reqs beforeit came out. That is a plus for me.

This definitely makes him iconic, I'm not sure about influential though. I think Zezima was going for some of the things that are currently trimmed comp reqs, such as champion's challenge (he got 4k chompy kills). Don't think he went for castle wars games though.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Durial32 - complete boss. 6/6/6 massacre.

Zezima - self explanatory.

N0valyfe - probably started the stupid trend of "efficiency", but a great player nonetheless.

Cursed You - great staker.

I Mahatma I, 3 Hit U, Sparc Mac, Kids Ranqe - famous pkers.

Duke Freedom, Chessy018 - Rich beyond belief.

NormaIize.png

Zezima - obvious reasons. He was the #1 player when I started playing and he remained at that position until he quit. For me he has always been THE #1.

Zarfot - He's the one that got me more intrested into skilling and trying to maintain a certain "max" xp/hr.

N0valyfe - Never really payed alot of attention to him because I wasn't focused on the rest of the highscores except for that #1 spot. But from what I've been hearing lately he sure is a legend.

SUOMI - Extremely nice guy and has alot of dedication to the game and to reach the goal of 200m in all skills.

The Old Nite - He was the 1st person that I know of that was a nice "high level" person. In the days when I was a noob, not many 115+ people were actually nice people and they considered themselves above everyone else. The Old Nite changed my view on high level people :P.

Elvemage and other well known pkers - for their epic vids that I've enjoyed alot over the years and still enjoy.

El Popo1, Syzygy, Franzk, Water, Missoverflow and most top F2P - I have more respect for those people than anyone else in the game. I've been a fan of F2P for many years and I sometimes regret ever becoming member but ofcourse, members is alot of fun too ;).

sigtsg99tq3.png

@haimonek, I have probably never agreed with anyone to this extent, everything you said I second :) never actually met Suomi but I have read his posts etc and seems like a really nice guy, and add the fact that he's a fellow Finn, that's instant win :P

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.