Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Most influential/iconic players of RS2?

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

I haven't read this entire thread, but has anyone mentioned "Summer Sleep" or any of the other well-known "skillers" like "Zzzamorak"?

... oh and what was the name of that one player who was totally F2P and had 99 in all the F2P skills?

:unsure:

Syzygy?

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Blyaunte

I haven't read this entire thread, but has anyone mentioned "Summer Sleep" or any of the other well-known "skillers" like "Zzzamorak"?

... oh and what was the name of that one player who was totally F2P and had 99 in all the F2P skills?

:unsure:

Syzygy?

Yes -- that's the one! Thanks! :thumbsup:

nyuseg.png

I_am_Geed
[ Display Name History ]

I_am_Geed

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,497 posts
  • RSN:Feel
  • RSN2:Doc Roe3
Ermy ofc

His maxed party this morning was nothing short of inspiring
Posted Image

Jesus_Status
[ Display Name History ]

Jesus_Status

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • RSN:Jesus Statuz
For me my list based off my own personal experience with RS has to be

1. Zezima
2. Zarfot
3. Chessy
4. Defil3d
5. Gertjaars

Amethyst_Gem
[ Display Name History ]

Amethyst_Gem

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • RSN:Amethyst Gem
What about omustardo/Castle Wars - both for being the first person to a trimmed completionist cape and (perhaps more importantly for this thread) for being the first person to publicly advocate the use of mousekeys in runescape.

Or A C I D Y for accidentally inventing price manipulation clans?

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
  • RSN:Mej
  • RSN2:Iures
If anything Omar because he actually did get trimmed comp reqs beforeit came out. That is a plus for me.

Dannneh
[ Display Name History ]

Dannneh

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • RSN:DannyBoy0013
What about ChrisArchieRS <--youtube channel name
i dont know chris's real last name but maybe its archie ;p
Posted Image
Posted Image

Dark_Yeng
[ Display Name History ]

Dark_Yeng

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Dark Yeng
  • Clan:Retired
Zezima.
Posted Image
2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).
2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin

If anything Omar because he actually did get trimmed comp reqs beforeit came out. That is a plus for me.

This definitely makes him iconic, I'm not sure about influential though. I think Zezima was going for some of the things that are currently trimmed comp reqs, such as champion's challenge (he got 4k chompy kills). Don't think he went for castle wars games though.
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Normalize
[ Display Name History ]

Normalize

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • RSN:NormaIize
Durial32 - complete boss. 6/6/6 massacre.

Zezima - self explanatory.

N0valyfe - probably started the stupid trend of "efficiency", but a great player nonetheless.

Cursed You - great staker.

I Mahatma I, 3 Hit U, Sparc Mac, Kids Ranqe - famous pkers.

Duke Freedom, Chessy018 - Rich beyond belief.
Posted Image

FastForce
[ Display Name History ]

FastForce

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 820 posts
  • RSN:Fastforce
You forgot one.

Rsn - Fastforce

I_am_Geed
[ Display Name History ]

I_am_Geed

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,497 posts
  • RSN:Feel
  • RSN2:Doc Roe3
Right now i think my vote goes to Jiblex for his incredible courage to walk into the howling darkness, and to not return...

And also to make videos about botting and how bad it is and get de-modded over it
Posted Image

haimonek
[ Display Name History ]

haimonek

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • RSN:Dat David
  • Clan:TSG, Solers Audaciter
Zezima - obvious reasons. He was the #1 player when I started playing and he remained at that position until he quit. For me he has always been THE #1.

Zarfot - He's the one that got me more intrested into skilling and trying to maintain a certain "max" xp/hr.

N0valyfe - Never really payed alot of attention to him because I wasn't focused on the rest of the highscores except for that #1 spot. But from what I've been hearing lately he sure is a legend.

SUOMI - Extremely nice guy and has alot of dedication to the game and to reach the goal of 200m in all skills.

The Old Nite - He was the 1st person that I know of that was a nice "high level" person. In the days when I was a noob, not many 115+ people were actually nice people and they considered themselves above everyone else. The Old Nite changed my view on high level people :P.

Elvemage and other well known pkers - for their epic vids that I've enjoyed alot over the years and still enjoy.

El Popo1, Syzygy, Franzk, Water, Missoverflow and most top F2P - I have more respect for those people than anyone else in the game. I've been a fan of F2P for many years and I sometimes regret ever becoming member but ofcourse, members is alot of fun too ;).
Posted Image

Makkaravelho
[ Display Name History ]

Makkaravelho

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Makkaravelho
  • Clan:The Total F2P Skillers
@haimonek, I have probably never agreed with anyone to this extent, everything you said I second :) never actually met Suomi but I have read his posts etc and seems like a really nice guy, and add the fact that he's a fellow Finn, that's instant win :P

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

Datblob
[ Display Name History ]

Datblob

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • RSN:Dat Blob
I think zezima is the most famous and really was old school most influental player.

But times have moved on i believe it is now S u o m i because of the speed he is going through 200m and the fact that he has been clever enough to do the slower skills first so he can completely destroy people ahead of him with fast buyables later on. people also refer to him alot when talking about very fast xp because the way he has been breaking various slayer records on many tracker websites :rolleyes: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbup:

entangle
[ Display Name History ]

entangle

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,233 posts
  • RSN:johnalder
Half of these players shouldn't even be listed, if you go back a few years they weren't even known at all.

Zezima:
The biggest name in Runescape without a doubt.

3 Hit U:
I don't know why I Mahatma I is even listed when all he ever did was try and copy Dan.

Duke Freedom:
The biggest merchant back then.

Charlie187:
Only people who lived in the Wilderness would know his name and it wasn't for anything worth mentioning.

Larryr:
Held the #1 Runecrafting spot for a very long time, had a huge taskforce working for him/her in Karamja.
Posted Image
Quit RS 2005 | RSN: Johnalder
Back as of 5/7/2008!
Dragon Drops: x1 Med, x5 Legs, x4 Skirts, x25 Boots, x1 Visage | x7 Abyssal Whips

Fallstar
[ Display Name History ]

Fallstar

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
  • RSN:Fall Star
  • Clan:Primacy
1. Zezima: Will always be the king of runescape, if only because when new players start thinking about runescape in a somewhat competitive manner, and begin asking who the best player is, the default answer is Zezima. He is probably the most famous player of any game. Hell, he was mentioned as an aside in the Times a couple years back. For an online gamer to be mentioned in a mainstream broadsheet is pretty incredible.
2. S U O M I: Combines dedication with efficiency. If he doesn't achieve 200M all skills, I would happily bet anyone that no one will. And he's a nice guy too. He spent a lot of time on his TipIt interview, and is always friendly in his TipIt forum posts and in game.
3. Kingduffy: I can't remember him not being near the top of the hiscores. 'nuff said.
4. Sparc Mac: Nice vids, and the PVE aspect of Runescape is one I am very interested in.
5. Hellfire46: Introduced me to the game six or seven years ago, so is one of my most influential players :P

Asmodean <3

Shelbobo
[ Display Name History ]

Shelbobo

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • RSN:SoulSurfer3
I feel like Jiblix is becoming an iconic player these days after his demodding :P Influential maybe because of his gut to voice his opinion as a mod.

But for me it'd probably be Zezima, when I was a noob I looked up to him and still do even if he isn't #1 anymore. :)

Coandca5
[ Display Name History ]

Coandca5

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 645 posts
  • RSN:Coandca5
  • Clan:SoDB
N0valyfe is the only one that comes to mind, he came out of nowhere and gave Zezima a run for his money for awhile there.

Then of course there's the pkers, like 3 Hit U, Mahatma, etc.

A bunch of TIFers are far more influential, to me anyway, Sykoknight comes to mind here.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

WildxYak
[ Display Name History ]

WildxYak

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 391 posts
  • RSN:WildxYak

Half of these players shouldn't even be listed, if you go back a few years they weren't even known at all.

Zezima:
The biggest name in Runescape without a doubt.

3 Hit U:
I don't know why I Mahatma I is even listed when all he ever did was try and copy Dan.

Duke Freedom:
The biggest merchant back then.

For me those 3 have to be top.
And, for me, Zzzamorak - to me the most famous skiller (I don't doubt there are more or even better!).
I'd agree with Coandca5 that there are some influential TIFers to me, for example, Axe Man Jack - if it wasn't for his Slayer guide I never would have got into Slayer as much as I did.

I also noticed after reading this thread that Zezima has got 99 Summoning and 120 Dungeoneering now.

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users