Most influential/iconic players of RS2?

Spartan3450

I think zezima is the most famous and really was old school most influental player.

But times have moved on i believe it is now S u o m i because of the speed he is going through 200m and the fact that he has been clever enough to do the slower skills first so he can completely destroy people ahead of him with fast buyables later on. people also refer to him alot when talking about very fast xp because the way he has been breaking various slayer records on many tracker websites :rolleyes: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbup:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Half of these players shouldn't even be listed, if you go back a few years they weren't even known at all.

Zezima:

The biggest name in Runescape without a doubt.

3 Hit U:

I don't know why I Mahatma I is even listed when all he ever did was try and copy Dan.

Duke Freedom:

The biggest merchant back then.

Charlie187:

Only people who lived in the Wilderness would know his name and it wasn't for anything worth mentioning.

Larryr:

Held the #1 Runecrafting spot for a very long time, had a huge taskforce working for him/her in Karamja.

2008sig2nb6.jpg

Quit RS 2005 | RSN: Johnalder

Back as of 5/7/2008!

Dragon Drops: x1 Med, x5 Legs, x4 Skirts, x25 Boots, x1 Visage | x7 Abyssal Whips

1. Zezima: Will always be the king of runescape, if only because when new players start thinking about runescape in a somewhat competitive manner, and begin asking who the best player is, the default answer is Zezima. He is probably the most famous player of any game. Hell, he was mentioned as an aside in the Times a couple years back. For an online gamer to be mentioned in a mainstream broadsheet is pretty incredible.

2. S U O M I: Combines dedication with efficiency. If he doesn't achieve 200M all skills, I would happily bet anyone that no one will. And he's a nice guy too. He spent a lot of time on his TipIt interview, and is always friendly in his TipIt forum posts and in game.

3. Kingduffy: I can't remember him not being near the top of the hiscores. 'nuff said.

4. Sparc Mac: Nice vids, and the PVE aspect of Runescape is one I am very interested in.

5. Hellfire46: Introduced me to the game six or seven years ago, so is one of my most influential players :P

Asmodean <3

I feel like Jiblix is becoming an iconic player these days after his demodding :P Influential maybe because of his gut to voice his opinion as a mod.

But for me it'd probably be Zezima, when I was a noob I looked up to him and still do even if he isn't #1 anymore. :)

N0valyfe is the only one that comes to mind, he came out of nowhere and gave Zezima a run for his money for awhile there.

Then of course there's the pkers, like 3 Hit U, Mahatma, etc.

A bunch of TIFers are far more influential, to me anyway, Sykoknight comes to mind here.

Coandca5.png

99Defence.png99Hitpoints.png99Range.png99Attack.png99Strength.png

Half of these players shouldn't even be listed, if you go back a few years they weren't even known at all.

Zezima:

The biggest name in Runescape without a doubt.

3 Hit U:

I don't know why I Mahatma I is even listed when all he ever did was try and copy Dan.

Duke Freedom:

The biggest merchant back then.

For me those 3 have to be top.

And, for me, Zzzamorak - to me the most famous skiller (I don't doubt there are more or even better!).

I'd agree with Coandca5 that there are some influential TIFers to me, for example, Axe Man Jack - if it wasn't for his Slayer guide I never would have got into Slayer as much as I did.

I also noticed after reading this thread that Zezima has got 99 Summoning and 120 Dungeoneering now.

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

Most of these names are unimportant to me and to the timeline of Runescape...

Zezima, N0valyfe, Bluerose13x, Xx Jut Xx, Sixfeetunder, The Sabre clan, Durial321, those are names that'll stick for a while, at least for those who know their history.

Most if not all of these new "iconic" people will come and go soon enough.

A year and a bit ago I was hailed as one of the most influential people on the game because the Climbing Boots ordeal, amongst other things. "Logdotzip for CEO!" etc, etc, basically last year's Jiblix. I still get recognized plenty in game, for that and for Youtube videos and such, but honestly, I find it a joke that people consider RuneScape Youtubers iconic in any way shape or form. Sparc Mac? Win All Day? etc? What TRUE influence have they made on the game? None whatsoever. There may have been someone who felt much stronger about the Climbing boots than I, someone may have felt much stronger about bots than Jiblix. You know the only reason myself or him got pushed ahead of others who were also discontent? We have a platform of expression that reaches a larger audience. Aside from that, we have made zero game-changing events happen. We are like the rest. I have not nor will I ever consider myself Iconic or famous or whatever. I, as well as no other player, should be awarded or given extra recognition for something we should all do anyways (The right thing). Unfortunately, the average playerbase age of RuneScape is very low in contrast to most other MMO's, so it's quite easy to warp the minds of the youth into thinking people with a lot of subscribers have some form of worth because of said subscribers. Unwarranted Self-importance, and what's sad is, a lot of people on Youtube don't even want it, they're given it by other ignorant people.

People will forget about what Jiblix did in time, and while I do think it's cool the stand he made, so did everyone about me when I did it. Now it's just a bygone memory.

3hitu's answer was pretty funny :P

The guy still fails to recognize that noone cares about his account anymore. Sad.

Although, back in the day, he was quite the talk of the town, today it's pretty much dead.

Quite the opposite (2nd line), I completely agree with the bottom line, I'll even add to it; hardly any one knows of my name any more.

Just Signed up after my long absence from the game, which was before they got rid of Pking/free trade. Anyway on topic..

1. Fear figment, an inspiration to many pkers from 2005-2007. Made the G maul fashionable and a staple in any melee pkers arsenal. Videos where way ahead of that time and the original pk vids got over 100000 views. Reposted videos are still available on you tube, up there with the best mahatma, 3 hit u, kids ranqe.

2. Chessy018, Famously hacked by members of FOE a clan i was in coincidently many years ago. Was arguably the richest player in runescape and created the flipping clan under her name. The clan who buy out an item " The item of her choosing of course" and made $$$. Say what you may about her ruthless business like tactics, a player who will be up their in terms of fame. Her corny Video remains on youtube of her story.

• 2 weeks later...

Zezima, N0valyfe, Bluerose13x, Xx Jut Xx, Sixfeetunder, The Sabre clan, Durial321, those are names that'll stick for a while, at least for those who know their history.

A year and a bit ago I was hailed as one of the most influential people on the game because the Climbing Boots ordeal, amongst other things. "Logdotzip for CEO!" etc, etc, basically last year's Jiblix. I still get recognized plenty in game, for that and for Youtube videos and such, but honestly, I find it a joke that people consider RuneScape Youtubers iconic in any way shape or form. Sparc Mac? Win All Day? etc? What TRUE influence have they made on the game? None whatsoever. There may have been someone who felt much stronger about the Climbing boots than I, someone may have felt much stronger about bots than Jiblix. You know the only reason myself or him got pushed ahead of others who were also discontent? We have a platform of expression that reaches a larger audience. Aside from that, we have made zero game-changing events happen. We are like the rest. I have not nor will I ever consider myself Iconic or famous or whatever. I, as well as no other player, should be awarded or given extra recognition for something we should all do anyways (The right thing). Unfortunately, the average playerbase age of RuneScape is very low in contrast to most other MMO's, so it's quite easy to warp the minds of the youth into thinking people with a lot of subscribers have some form of worth because of said subscribers. Unwarranted Self-importance, and what's sad is, a lot of people on Youtube don't even want it, they're given it by other ignorant people.

People will forget about what Jiblix did in time, and while I do think it's cool the stand he made, so did everyone about me when I did it. Now it's just a bygone memory.

No one knows who you are lol

LOL

A year and a bit ago I was hailed as one of the most influential people on the game because the Climbing Boots ordeal

I stopped there and the laughter ensued.

Sorry :lol:.

"Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone."

Vandite.png

No one knows who you are lol

I'm pretty sure his 16000+ subscribers and several people here on tip.it know who he is.

Just because it applies to you doesn't mean it applies to everyone.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

A year and a bit ago I was hailed as one of the most influential people on the game because the Climbing Boots ordeal

I stopped there and the laughter ensued.

Sorry :lol:.

You can laugh, but trust me, I had my fifteen minutes, or fifteen weeks. I only said that to make a point anyways; none of it lasts, and I scoff at the people who say Youtubers are iconic or whatever simply because of their PK or staking videos, etc.