Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Most influential/iconic players of RS2?

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
If we're talking about tifers now, then Grimy has to be on the list. What he's done for the metagaming community has been nothing short of tremendous.

jsboutin2
[ Display Name History ]

jsboutin2

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 768 posts
3hitu's answer was pretty funny :P

The guy still fails to recognize that noone cares about his account anymore. Sad.

Although, back in the day, he was quite the talk of the town, today it's pretty much dead.

Logdotzip
[ Display Name History ]

Logdotzip

THAT ONE CLIMBING BOOTS GUY

• Members
  • 1,150 posts
  • RSN:Logdotzip
Most of these names are unimportant to me and to the timeline of Runescape...

Zezima, N0valyfe, Bluerose13x, Xx Jut Xx, Sixfeetunder, The Sabre clan, Durial321, those are names that'll stick for a while, at least for those who know their history.

Most if not all of these new "iconic" people will come and go soon enough.

A year and a bit ago I was hailed as one of the most influential people on the game because the Climbing Boots ordeal, amongst other things. "Logdotzip for CEO!" etc, etc, basically last year's Jiblix. I still get recognized plenty in game, for that and for Youtube videos and such, but honestly, I find it a joke that people consider RuneScape Youtubers iconic in any way shape or form. Sparc Mac? Win All Day? etc? What TRUE influence have they made on the game? None whatsoever. There may have been someone who felt much stronger about the Climbing boots than I, someone may have felt much stronger about bots than Jiblix. You know the only reason myself or him got pushed ahead of others who were also discontent? We have a platform of expression that reaches a larger audience. Aside from that, we have made zero game-changing events happen. We are like the rest. I have not nor will I ever consider myself Iconic or famous or whatever. I, as well as no other player, should be awarded or given extra recognition for something we should all do anyways (The right thing). Unfortunately, the average playerbase age of RuneScape is very low in contrast to most other MMO's, so it's quite easy to warp the minds of the youth into thinking people with a lot of subscribers have some form of worth because of said subscribers. Unwarranted Self-importance, and what's sad is, a lot of people on Youtube don't even want it, they're given it by other ignorant people.

People will forget about what Jiblix did in time, and while I do think it's cool the stand he made, so did everyone about me when I did it. Now it's just a bygone memory.

Log_Chop
[ Display Name History ]

Log_Chop

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
From the original times?

The Old Nite, Zezima, Miner 49er, Lilyuffie88 venom0619

those are all the cool people, this game is far more mediocre than it used to be :(

@Dan3HitU
[ Display Name History ]

@Dan3HitU

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,304 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:3___Hit___U
  • RSN '07:3___Hit___U

The guy still fails to recognize that noone cares about his account anymore. Sad.

Although, back in the day, he was quite the talk of the town, today it's pretty much dead.

Quite the opposite (2nd line), I completely agree with the bottom line, I'll even add to it; hardly any one knows of my name any more.

OnlyBrave
[ Display Name History ]

OnlyBrave

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
Just Signed up after my long absence from the game, which was before they got rid of Pking/free trade. Anyway on topic..

1. Fear figment, an inspiration to many pkers from 2005-2007. Made the G maul fashionable and a staple in any melee pkers arsenal. Videos where way ahead of that time and the original pk vids got over 100000 views. Reposted videos are still available on you tube, up there with the best mahatma, 3 hit u, kids ranqe.

2. Chessy018, Famously hacked by members of FOE a clan i was in coincidently many years ago. Was arguably the richest player in runescape and created the flipping clan under her name. The clan who buy out an item " The item of her choosing of course" and made $$$. Say what you may about her ruthless business like tactics, a player who will be up their in terms of fame. Her corny Video remains on youtube of her story.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,477 posts

This thread isnt fame its influence. If he believes that he influenced the creation of pures in the pvp scene and can back up that claim it doesnt matter who knows his name.

xat
[ Display Name History ]

xat

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:xat
Nobody mentioned

JoJo3000
The Old Nite (R.I.P)
Posted Image

Posted Image

UltraMantis
[ Display Name History ]

UltraMantis

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:UltraMantis
  • Clan:Video Games
me
Posted Image303/324

VonMedo
[ Display Name History ]

VonMedo

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • RSN:Medo Z G
SUOMI !

M3DO.png

Mamiću odlazi!

Soupy17
[ Display Name History ]

Soupy17

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • RSN:oh mikey oh

Zezima, N0valyfe, Bluerose13x, Xx Jut Xx, Sixfeetunder, The Sabre clan, Durial321, those are names that'll stick for a while, at least for those who know their history.

A year and a bit ago I was hailed as one of the most influential people on the game because the Climbing Boots ordeal, amongst other things. "Logdotzip for CEO!" etc, etc, basically last year's Jiblix. I still get recognized plenty in game, for that and for Youtube videos and such, but honestly, I find it a joke that people consider RuneScape Youtubers iconic in any way shape or form. Sparc Mac? Win All Day? etc? What TRUE influence have they made on the game? None whatsoever. There may have been someone who felt much stronger about the Climbing boots than I, someone may have felt much stronger about bots than Jiblix. You know the only reason myself or him got pushed ahead of others who were also discontent? We have a platform of expression that reaches a larger audience. Aside from that, we have made zero game-changing events happen. We are like the rest. I have not nor will I ever consider myself Iconic or famous or whatever. I, as well as no other player, should be awarded or given extra recognition for something we should all do anyways (The right thing). Unfortunately, the average playerbase age of RuneScape is very low in contrast to most other MMO's, so it's quite easy to warp the minds of the youth into thinking people with a lot of subscribers have some form of worth because of said subscribers. Unwarranted Self-importance, and what's sad is, a lot of people on Youtube don't even want it, they're given it by other ignorant people.

People will forget about what Jiblix did in time, and while I do think it's cool the stand he made, so did everyone about me when I did it. Now it's just a bygone memory.

No one knows who you are lol
LOL

Free_Steel1
[ Display Name History ]

Free_Steel1

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
Zezima was the biggest one overall (everyone had him on their friends list)
Durial321 because of the Fally Massacure
zzzzamorak for being a boss skiller
The Old Nite for being a true bro, and one of the saddest losses to the community

free_steel.png
Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once -Julius Caesar (play)

Pete Party
[ Display Name History ]

Pete Party

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 487 posts

Nobody mentioned

JoJo3000
The Old Nite (R.I.P)

Before making a statement like that, please READ the entire thread.
Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Licky Kat
[ Display Name History ]

Licky Kat

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • RSN:Licky Kat
  • RSN2:Kathy Corkat
  • Clan:Chronic Demise
Don't forget about Larryr.

Now forever a part of the game with the as an NPC named after her "Larriar".
Call me Kat, or Kathy Corkat

Vandite
[ Display Name History ]

Vandite

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • RSN:Vandite

A year and a bit ago I was hailed as one of the most influential people on the game because the Climbing Boots ordeal

I stopped there and the laughter ensued.

Sorry :lol:.

"Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone."
Posted Image

Ellac
[ Display Name History ]

Ellac

Ex-Global Chameleon

• Members
  • 1,235 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

No one knows who you are lol

I'm pretty sure his 16000+ subscribers and several people here on tip.it know who he is.
Just because it applies to you doesn't mean it applies to everyone.
Posted Image
Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

Logdotzip
[ Display Name History ]

Logdotzip

THAT ONE CLIMBING BOOTS GUY

• Members
  • 1,150 posts
  • RSN:Logdotzip

A year and a bit ago I was hailed as one of the most influential people on the game because the Climbing Boots ordeal

I stopped there and the laughter ensued.

Sorry :lol:.

You can laugh, but trust me, I had my fifteen minutes, or fifteen weeks. I only said that to make a point anyways; none of it lasts, and I scoff at the people who say Youtubers are iconic or whatever simply because of their PK or staking videos, etc.

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)
The climbing boots incident is synonymous with Logdotzip.

Anyway, Zarfot.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users