Pking this is what it has become?

Phyrexial

OT I pked on my pure back in the "old days" and If you were caught with teles/praying/pjing you would be immediately kicked from your clan. Its not about "using all of your advantages" or "adapting to new k0 weapons." For me, its about fun and enjoying myself. I go and train my stats up (legally) and I get disappointed when people constantly pray or pray just when I pull out my spec weapon.

Someone earlier said that its a 50/50 chance of winning if you don't pray, however I see it as the opposite. When both people pray it makes it insanely hard/boring to kill someone while only hitting -200s. Its the same reason for lower level pures with 1 defense/20 def/45 or w.e. Its a lot funner to be hitting high numbers.

If both people don't pray then neither one has an advantage and its more based on skill.

EDIT: Most of this regards pure pking in edgeville/drags. Never had much experience with mains so I won't talk about them.

Those were the old days. This is now.

If neither side prays it ends up being 50/50 because you have an even chance of killing each other. It's "fair" that way and boils down to the random number generator. It takes no skill at all. It's luck.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If both people don't pray then neither one has an advantage and its more based on skill.

I don't think you actually understand what skill is...

I still don't understand why one wouldn't pray in the first place. It gives you an advantage over the other person OR if you put on the same prayers then you're evenly matched?

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX

If both pray at the same time, then they're both on even ground. It's like they didn't pray in the first place. That's until one of them runs out of prayer. Neither side has an advantage unless you pull a rock-paper-scissors game, where you force your enemy to change prayer styles while you alone stay on one type.

If both of you start prayer switching then it becomes a matter of who tricks the other into using the wrong type. It'll require fast reflexes then.

This mostly applies to F2P.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

I still don't understand why one wouldn't pray in the first place. It gives you an advantage over the other person OR if you put on the same prayers then you're evenly matched?

No one cares if it's easily matched when neither side can "win" due to lack of KO potential for both sides.

No one cares if it's easily matched when neither side can "win" due to lack of KO potential for both sides.

That's why more and more pkers are switching to hybridding and tribridding. You can KO someone relatively easy as long as you are better at switching styles, which takes skill.

That's why more and more pkers are switching to hybridding and tribridding. You can KO someone relatively easy as long as you are better at switching styles, which takes skill.

No one hybrids in edgeville or normal pkiing worlds when it's ridiculously crowded with claw/korasi rushers everywhere you look.

No one hybrids in edgeville or normal pkiing worlds when it's ridiculously crowded with claw/korasi rushers everywhere you look.

Don't pk in Edgeville then. There are plenty of other spots that are pretty popular.

Go to edgeville bring tank mage gear praying melee, teleblock every person with claws or under marker trees.

Repeat for a while.

You see someone that you know that teleported earlier, teleblock and entangle start farcasting... just annoy people, then when they come to complain you give them exactly what they would give you if you confront them about teleporting.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Don't pk in Edgeville then. There are plenty of other spots that are pretty popular.

That are not as easy to get a fight as one of the pking worlds in edgeville. I don't exactly know a spot where people go to have one on one hybrid fights with people their lvl either, because anywhere mid-deep wild on a pk world is subject to being jumped by clans or people higher level than you.

w18 west green dragons ( level 13 ones) is a popular hybrid 'honour' fighting spot were it is relatively easy to find a fight your level.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Or you could stake at the duel arena if you want to make rules...

You can't have a "no protection prayer" fight without turning off the ability to aggro pray, and there would be even more of an incentive to protection pray considering you can't leave the fight.

I've never really understood why some people get annoyed when people pray. It's part of my combat triangle, it's part of how I fight, it's part of the reason I am able to take on people at my combat level. To not pray would be to weaken myself deliberately, just because another person doesn't have the same advantage as me!

I'm not an efficienado.

I've never really understood why some people get annoyed when people pray. It's part of my combat triangle, it's part of how I fight, it's part of the reason I am able to take on people at my combat level. To not pray would be to weaken myself deliberately, just because another person doesn't have the same advantage as me!

Anyone your CB level pking will be guaranteed to have 43 pray. I don't think it's part of any unique advantage you have.

[bleep] Edgeville. [bleep] MB. I want Varrock PKing back.

I remember me and a few friends making 10+ accounts with identical stats, death dotting in level 2 wild and luring someone up with another account. We'd then pile them, probably with fire strike. Was fun as hell.

No one seems to PK there any more, which sucks balls.

Edgeville PKing is awful. I was skulled in Dharok, fighting someone who was unskulled in rune (idgaf about loot lately, will gladly rambo someone if they piss me off). They had no more than 300k risk, using korasi. They got their friend to PJ me with korasi to start, then tried to spec me out from 740 hp? Didn't work. Then i just smacked em with my axe for a 500+. Of course, while i was looting their friend was abusing me and telling me how awful i was at PKing.

It is just pathetic. People need to learn to shut the [bleep] up and [bleep] the [bleep] off if someone doesn't want to fight them.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.