Facebook Exclusive 20% Discount

DRUMINATOR17

1) What's fun of making a Jagex employee wear a ballerina skirt? I mean what's so special about that?

2) I find it okay that they advertise for Runescape this way. But if i interpret what i read correctly, they said that FB will have faster news than main site. WTF.....

3) I could think of wearing a Runescape T-shirt if it wasn't for

a) Crap t-shirts

b) Jagex ain't only business making T-shirts

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just get more and more pathetic every month. How is that even possible? I really, really hate all this community crap Jagex has been doing for the last 2 years or so. All those useless events and Facebook and all that crap, it's starting to get really annoying. Their home page is full of stuff like that, I hate it. :(

Brb. Going to take Runescape off my facebook info just because of this post.

Brb. Going to take Runescape off my facebook info just because of this post.

Not sure if you're being serious or not lol.

Anyways I see nothing wrong with this. Companies need to do all they can in order to make money in this money-driven world. There are people out there who will buy these things, connect to Facebook and such. In the end, Jagex would only benefit from this.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Me sharing the offer wouldn't do much, since I know only 2 people on my facebook would have a slight interest. One doesn't care and the other knows already.

I wouldn't mind saving a dollar 50 on Return to Canifis though. Haven't gotten around to buying it yet.

If a company, for example, bethesda had a discount where they asked players to advertise for Skyrim, I'd be more than happy to.

Jagex has just been so disappointing as of late, they're not willing to uphold their rules, recent updates (for months) have been crap, not to mention all this focus on advertising when they should be fixing their game. You can make money and be a quality company at the same time.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I don't need 20% off five dollars. I'm not that desperate or poor.

That's a free month of membership every five months... that's like a free Chipotle burrito!!!!

Edit: just shared on all my FB friends walls

Edit2: weird-- nearly half my FB friends list is gone. FB must be updating their website again or something...

Far less diarrhea than a Chipotle burrito, but a whole lot more bull [cabbage].

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I don't need 20% off five dollars. I'm not that desperate or poor.

That's a free month of membership every five months... that's like a free Chipotle burrito!!!!

Edit: just shared on all my FB friends walls

Edit2: weird-- nearly half my FB friends list is gone. FB must be updating their website again or something...

Far less diarrhea than a Chipotle burrito, but a whole lot more bull [cabbage].

Omali with the zingers! :lol:

77yLQy8.png

I guess the fact that Runescape is a game that is generally looked down up in many social circles, particularly older ones, so I can see why people would be too embarrassed to share the link. Especially when it's not for membership or anything. I bet if I did it people would think I'm joking or something, but a few people that know I used to play a fair amount probably would rip into me a bit...

rosssigfinal.jpg

I think I made sales spike when I bought that Dungeons of Daemonheim shirt...

It doesn't even fit right. I think it was made for fatter people.

I'll take it. I like my shirts roomy. :P

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I find the idea of rs t shirts ridiculous. Its that not that I care if people see that I play runescape, its more that why would you want to wear a t shirt for a game? Just sounds weird.

Weclome new poster.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Advertise us to get 20% off becoming a walking advertisement!

You do it everyday for free. Might as well get benefits from it. :thumbup:

How would you do that for free every day if you don't like them on facebook? :blink:

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Advertise us to get 20% off becoming a walking advertisement!

You do it everyday for free. Might as well get benefits from it. :thumbup:

How would you do that for free every day if you don't like them on facebook? :blink:

I think he's referring to wearing their shirts.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

1) Players playing Runescape> Something Jagex can refer to when they advertise

2) You are part of a Runescape community>which will benefit Runescape

3) You may tell irl friends or other friends "Hey i am playing this game.."

In my case:

I uploaded Runescape videos to Youtube

1) Players playing Runescape> Something Jagex can refer to when they advertise

2) You are part of a Runescape community>which will benefit Runescape

3) You may tell irl friends or other friends "Hey i am playing this game.."

In my case:

I uploaded Runescape videos to Youtube

I meant actively, my bad.

Of course playing RuneScape (even though I don't do that daily) helps the game, but I am not personally advertising the game by playing; if I were to not play for a while, little changes. Besides, Jagex tends to use the number of accounts in existence to make claims like: "We have over 2 million active players"

Being part of this community on RuneScape does not advertise the game actively either. I would imagine that everyone here is perfectly aware of what RuneScape is... and although a number of my friends know I volunteer part of my time here, it does not mean I am encouraging them to play in any way.

The point I was trying to make is that having RuneScape liked on facebook seems to generate a nice amount of spam, which would advertise it to people who aren't already aware/playing whereas not having it liked doesn't really do that.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Has this been retracted?

It's nowhere to be found other than in the google cache...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Has this been retracted?

It's nowhere to be found other than in the google cache...

I think it was removed almost immediately because there was an error making it not work. They have either been trying to fix it or just given up on it.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^