Veteran Cape

Poopingman

The cape was a great idea, but I believe there should be two tiers. I want a 10-year cape for those of us with a decade of experience. I mean, why bother making the cape if it only represents half of the game's timeline?

This has already been discussed, and if I remember correctly they can't do a 10-year cape yet because records of account creation dates weren't logged that far back then.

Besides, iirc they are planning on releasing a second tier for 10 years, they just need to wait a while until their records coincide with that achievement.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

They should just scrap the notion of a 10-year cape and go straight to 11.

http://nigeltufnelday.com/Nigel_Tufnel_Day/Nigel_Tufnel_Day.html

:thumbsup:

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

This is General Discussion so feel free to discuss. If you can't make a relevant post feel free to post on a topic where you can make a relevant post. :thumbup:

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

10 years was the original idea but i think they have some technical problems with doing it(don't have account creation dates that go back that far) so it has been speculated that they might release the cape next year for people with bunny ears/scythes, but it's just speculation. 10 year cape was always something they wanted to do, even before 5 year capes.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Yeah, they did want to make a 10 year cape, but because of technical limitations it wasn't possible to release it with the other ones.

Even though I probably won't be getting it, I'd be in favour of it being released. This game needs one of those capes that not everyone has.

j0xPu5R.png

Just so long as they're clear on whether or not it's members only this time. It probably will, but they were pretty misleading with the whole "available to all players" thing for the 5-year capes.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Yeah, they did want to make a 10 year cape, but because of technical limitations it wasn't possible to release it with the other ones.

Even though I probably won't be getting it, I'd be in favour of it being released. This game needs one of those capes that not everyone has.

See trimmed completionist cape

I still think that the cape (by the time the 10 year cape comes around) will become more popular.

Just look at the highscores. There isn't a skill where someone hasn't obtained 200m experience in. In fact, for the majority of them everybody on the first page has 200m experience. :P

j0xPu5R.png

Quote straight from the development blog:

Veteran cape - a cape that any player can wear if their account is more than 5 years old

Next year, we will be able to offer an expanded version of the Veteran cape to those players who have been with us for 10 years. Currently, thats not possible, although we know that some of you are already 10-year veterans. See below for how YOU can help design this awesome cape!

So they are going to release a 10 year cape, just not until next year. ;)

Moderator Message: If you are going to respond to any thread, please try to be a bit more constructive. That would be the reason why some posts are going missing. Thanks.

On Topic: I'm a bit more annoyed with the fact that the veteran cape itself was designed by all players, regardless of how long ago they've played, and I'm not happy with the design at all. Just way too much action in it. >.< I hope the ten year cape's design is actually chosen by those who are going to be at the ten year mark.

Moderator Message: If you are going to respond to any thread, please try to be a bit more constructive. That would be the reason why some posts are going missing. Thanks.

On Topic: I'm a bit more annoyed with the fact that the veteran cape itself was designed by all players, regardless of how long ago they've played, and I'm not happy with the design at all. Just way too much action in it. >.< I hope the ten year cape's design is actually chosen by those who are going to be at the ten year mark.

Every player has chance to wear the cape, so shouldn't they have a say in how it looks?

Snowjoke.png

Every player has chance to wear the cape, so shouldn't they have a say in how it looks?

Point made. :) But the way it was described, it felt like to me more directed to older players in general in terms of start date, not how long they've played the game, if that makes sense?

Point made. :) But the way it was described, it felt like to me more directed to older players in general in terms of start date, not how long they've played the game, if that makes sense?

I see what your saying, but I think they covered that base with the classic cape. So I agree that only people that would have been eligible for the classic cape should have a say in how it looks, but I dont even think there was a vote for that was there?

Snowjoke.png

[spoiler=Quote Wall]

Point made. smile.gif But the way it was described, it felt like to me more directed to older players in general in terms of start date, not how long they've played the game, if that makes sense?

I see what your saying, but I think they covered that base with the classic cape. So I agree that only people that would have been eligible for the classic cape should have a say in how it looks, but I dont even think there was a vote for that was there?

Actually the Classic cape ended up being for anyone who has ever played on Classic, including during the re-introduction a few years ago. =X

[spoiler=Quote Wall]

Point made. smile.gif But the way it was described, it felt like to me more directed to older players in general in terms of start date, not how long they've played the game, if that makes sense?

Actually the Classic cape ended up being for anyone who has ever played on Classic, including during the re-introduction a few years ago. =X

Oh, way to fail jagex, I thought it was for accounts that had been started in RSC :(

Snowjoke.png