RuneFest 2011

Mil

ctabgcopy.png

http://services.rune...fest-2011-is-on

http://runefest.com

Thanks to the huge success of last year's RuneFest, we are proud to announce that we're back with RuneFest 2011! In celebration of 10 years of RuneScape, this year RuneFest will be bigger and better! RuneFest 2011 will also be held over two days allowing you to completely immerse yourself in the experience and live RuneScape for a whole weekend. For a truly memorable event, we've secured a stunning three floor venue in the heart of London overlooking the River Thames.

There are more new features than you can wave a bronze dagger at, as well as some of last year's favourites: the Insider Sessions and the Golden Gnome Video Awards. The Gaming Area is also back and is bigger and better than ever, with events galore, giveaways, more opportunities to play and slay the RuneScape team. This year, we've gone all out on some pretty special exclusive content for all RuneFest attendees.

If all of that wasn't enough, there's a Halloween after party! Inspired by last year's late night shenanigans, we're holding an exclusive after party on Saturday night, featuring games, ghouls, live bands, DJs and a special one-off community mash-up among the evening's entertainment.

With an ever-expanding schedule of fantastic activities and events, you'll need to keep your ears to the ground and your eyes on www.runefest.com to stay up to date with the latest announcements. You can also register for emails updates to get all the RuneFest news sent directly to your inbox!

RuneFest 2011 will take place over the weekend of Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th October 2011 at Old Billingsgate, Central London, UK. Tickets go on sale from Monday June 27 2011 and are £59 for a one-day pass, and £99 for the weekend.

The Halloween after hours party costs £49 and is open exclusively to RuneFest attendees. Tickets are limited so if you want to be there, you'll need to get in quick!

If you're looking for the ultimate experience and don't want to miss a moment of RuneFest then there are a number of VIP tickets available. VIP tickets give you a truly individual weekend with priority seating for all presentations, private insider sessions with senior developers, signed concept art and a private J-Mod staffed area with your own VIP bar. You get all that, guaranteed access to the Halloween after party plus a few surprises we're still keeping under our hats, for £179.

We will be unveiling lots of exciting features over the coming weeks before tickets go on sale and will be announcing the first competition the Golden Gnome Video Awards next week, including news about this year's categories and some very exciting prizes. In the meantime, you can start planning your RuneFest on the dedicated forums.

See you there!

The RuneFest Team

tl;dr

Venue: http://www.oldbillingsgate.co.uk/ London, UK

Date: 29th and 30th October 2011

Prices: £59 - £179

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, halloween Runefest :thumbsup: Won't be able to go as usual but it looked awesome last year :shades: Chances of them deciding to give the tickets away for free again? :P Very slim I'd think, but one could always be hopeful :rolleyes:

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

Hmmmm, problem with it being sat & sun is I'd have to take atleast 1 day off work. Rather annoying, as I'd hoped on getting away with a quick trip fri-sun.

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

Ooh, halloween Runefest :thumbsup: Won't be able to go as usual but it looked awesome last year :shades: Chances of them deciding to give the tickets away for free again? :P Very slim I'd think, but one could always be hopeful :rolleyes:

With all of the extra money they are gaining from bots, it wouldn't be too big of a problem.

Too bad I just used all of my paid time-off to chill.

This is right before BlizzCon lol!

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

This year I will be there. :)

Looking forward to it, and to meeting some in-game friends.

So far 2 women going to SausageFest 2011?

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Hmmm, its on Saturday and Sunday. I might be able to rack enough PTO for Saturday since I am off Sunday and Monday. I could leave Friday night after work or leave a little early. It will cost me 800 dollars for plane tickets and hostel + VIP Runefest Ticket (don't want to miss out on developer conversations) . Taking all donations. Better sell RS Gold put in some overtime if I want to go. Jagex should provide Tip.it forums with a few VIP tickets to give away in a contest.

FFS expedia:

jnOkq.png

I'm debating taking overtime for two months would actually be worth it. I really want to go, but by the time I get the money for the tickets, it may be gone or more expensive.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I got home and saw the email then spent the last half hour on the phone to Limparse lol. I'll need to discuss it with Suzi. If we go then we'll try to get the VIP tickets as we're not going on holiday this year so it will be a treat for us.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

This would be fun, but I don't have the money to travel overseas for this. :P

Have fun whoever is going!

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

October? Really? :-#

Normal people not in London have school/work on monday. Though, I guess that's why they have the one day ticket.

I'll wait for more information for now. It costs around the same to get to the venue as to get into it for me.

I hope that the party is on the sat as Suzi cant get the Monday off.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I attended last year, October will be a bit hairy to schedule but it sounds like this year it's going to be on a much larger scale than before. Scavenger Hunt and the Trivia quiz were fun - still have the sweater from I think tying for 2nd or third place. Definitely going to try to make it this year.

I have some obligations during the weekends, and while I can get time off, the cost of travel and accommodations would overdraft my finances. :oops: Not to mention I'm still going through uni. Eep.

Just looked at LastMinuteTravel (found them to be very awesome... Got a nice round-trip ticket from San Francisco to Las Vegas and three days, two nights stay at the Trump Hotel for $213 during the summer), and it's $912.30 for the cheapest at the moment going between San Francisco and London for that weekend, flying to London on Thursday or Friday, and going back to San Francisco on Monday or Tuesday. Does not currently have a package for hotel stay. :( Yea definitely cannot afford it. D'oh

Hmmm, its on Saturday and Sunday. I might be able to rack enough PTO for Saturday since I am off Sunday and Monday. I could leave Friday night after work or leave a little early. It will cost me 800 dollars for plane tickets and hostel + VIP Runefest Ticket (don't want to miss out on developer conversations) . Taking all donations. Better sell RS Gold put in some overtime if I want to go. Jagex should provide Tip.it forums with a few VIP tickets to give away in a contest.

FFS expedia:

jnOkq.png

I'm debating taking overtime for two months would actually be worth it. I really want to go, but by the time I get the money for the tickets, it may be gone or more expensive.

I thought Expedia was supposed to save you money. :v

Anyway, I'm not going. Have fun, kids!

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Again, bring it to the US and I'll go :|

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest