RuneFest 2011

Mil

I honestly think they should have a raffle for free tickets. I wouldn't go as I'm not of age, but I think it would be a very nice gesture. Hopefully they'll market it better than they did last year and avoid the 'fiasco' that led to them refunding the tickets.

I'm not an efficienado.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im going to england on the 20th of this month. if i like it there i might come back. more so to get drunk and break stuff at runefest. that would be smashing!!!

65.jpg

I honestly think they should have a raffle for free tickets. I wouldn't go as I'm not of age, but I think it would be a very nice gesture. Hopefully they'll market it better than they did last year and avoid the 'fiasco' that led to them refunding the tickets.

What fiasco? I thought they planned to refund the tickets anyway, but they wanted it to be a surprise (which is a nice gesture in my book.)

hzvjpwS.gif

Aha! Thanks to the Government I can now consider this. The price is a bit steep, and I don't think there's anyone I could come with, but I really hope to go. I'd prefer the 2 days but since I'll be at Uni, not sure if I should take a day off :P

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Aparently advanced booking codes are going out this week and tickets will go on sale for those people on Friday. Not sure how accurate this information is, it is from a non confirmed source.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I just found out RuneFest is on at the same time as the London Comic Con Expo. I'm sorry, but if I'm forced to chose between a bigger, cheaper event which I can bring my boyfriend to, or a smaller, extremely expensive event which nobody else I know could come to AND I'm probably not as into as anime...

Soz Jagex, but the divorce papers for you are in the post.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I just found out RuneFest is on at the same time as the London Comic Con Expo. I'm sorry, but if I'm forced to chose between a bigger, cheaper event which I can bring my boyfriend to, or a smaller, extremely expensive event which nobody else I know could come to AND I'm probably not as into as anime...

Implying that you loved and were married to Jagex the whole time. :ohnoes:

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Implying that you loved and were married to Jagex the whole time. :ohnoes:

Do you not remember my marriage to Mod MMG a year or two back? :P Our love has gone stale.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

London Comic-Con is in July... :S http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

lol thats not confusing at all :P

Well me and Suzi are gonna be in London from Thursday onwards so if you see me on the tube give me a poke hehe

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I will be there and cant wait. I will be going Vip hopefully.

Runefest Veteran Scooty

rickroll.jpg

`.¸_________Recruitment Dept______¸.´

.¸.´¸.´¸.*´¨) Pink Patrons (¨`*.¸`.¸`.¸.

(¸.´(¸. ,.-~*¨Admin - Scooty ¨*~-.,.¸)`.¸)

oh i also forgot to say. Anyone going to the Cambridge meet up this weekend? if you are let me know and we can have a nice long chat :) hope to see you all soon.

Scooty

rickroll.jpg

This is an email from mod Paul M and the rest of the Jagex team.

Email address sent from: Jagex Ltd [[email protected]]

Hi there RuneFestopians!

Things never stay still for long in RuneScape and with RuneFest on the horizon, that's never been more true! So read on for the latest news including details on a new ticket sale date, a Q&A session with the RuneFest team and tips from Excl on how to make Golden Gnome Award winning video.

A couple of weeks ago we announced that RuneFest tickets would be on sale from tomorrow June 23. Since then, the response has been absolutely incredible with more of you signing up for updates and requesting tickets than we ever imagined. In fact, demand looks to be so high that some of you are starting to worry that by the time you've saved up, been paid or got home from Glastonbury, tickets will have sold out.

So to help your peace of mind a bit, we've moved the date back to the Wednesday 13th July at 7pm (BST). Tickets are on a first come first serve basis so if you're looking to get your hands on a VIP ticket, we'll see you on Wednesday evening!

Tickets aren't the only things on your minds either, your quest for knowledge appears to know no bounds and so at 8pm next Thursday (June 30th), SJ, Adam and I will be sitting down with a pile of pizza and beverages to hold a Q&A session dedicated to all things Runefest. We'll do our absolute to answer everything we can. Just don't ask us for Adam's PIN number. ; )

The Golden Gnome Video Awards are launching next week and excitement is building! Requests for sneaky previews on the rules are coming thick and fast as are questions on the best equipment to use. Excl serves us up the first of his guides on how to make a winning entry.

Coming up next week....

A player's guide to London, useful info for solo trippers, and more top video making tips from Excl. We'll also be giving you more details on the RuneFest's cashless system as well as revealing just some of what you'll be seeing at what is shaping up to be a phenomenal weekend.

Until next time,

Mod Paul M

RuneFest Team

Hope you don't mind me giving you all an update on runefest :thumbsup:

rickroll.jpg

Maybe this belongs more on the Runefest thread rather than a seperate thread. The thread looks like it needs a nice bump anyway :P.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

That email looks phishy (see what I did there?)

this Email it totally safe as it names it on the official runefest site and the runefest forums. I also was told by Mod Poppy this email was going to be sent like 5 mins before it was.

rickroll.jpg

Yes, lets change the ticket sale date from when I'm at home with full internet access, to a time when I'm away with limited internet access.

Fml... <_<

Yes, lets change the ticket sale date from when I'm at home with full internet access, to a time when I'm away with limited internet access.

Fml...

they like doing this alot :)

rickroll.jpg

Fml...

They aren't the only ones trying to piss me off today. :P

Fml...

They aren't the only ones trying to piss me off today. :P

who else has tryed?

rickroll.jpg