RuneFest 2011

Mil

Yes, lets change the ticket sale date from when I'm at home with full internet access, to a time when I'm away with limited internet access.

Fml...

they like doing this alot :)

They aren't the only ones trying to piss me off today. :P

who else has tryed?

It isn't runescape related, I'll just say that.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=Post]

This is an email from mod Paul M and the rest of the Jagex team.

Email address sent from: Jagex Ltd [[email protected]]

Hi there RuneFestopians!

Things never stay still for long in RuneScape and with RuneFest on the horizon, that's never been more true! So read on for the latest news including details on a new ticket sale date, a Q&A session with the RuneFest team and tips from Excl on how to make Golden Gnome Award winning video.

A couple of weeks ago we announced that RuneFest tickets would be on sale from tomorrow June 23. Since then, the response has been absolutely incredible with more of you signing up for updates and requesting tickets than we ever imagined. In fact, demand looks to be so high that some of you are starting to worry that by the time you've saved up, been paid or got home from Glastonbury, tickets will have sold out.

So to help your peace of mind a bit, we've moved the date back to the Wednesday 13th July at 7pm (BST). Tickets are on a first come first serve basis so if you're looking to get your hands on a VIP ticket, we'll see you on Wednesday evening!

Tickets aren't the only things on your minds either, your quest for knowledge appears to know no bounds and so at 8pm next Thursday (June 30th), SJ, Adam and I will be sitting down with a pile of pizza and beverages to hold a Q&A session dedicated to all things Runefest. We'll do our absolute to answer everything we can. Just don't ask us for Adam's PIN number. ; )

The Golden Gnome Video Awards are launching next week and excitement is building! Requests for sneaky previews on the rules are coming thick and fast as are questions on the best equipment to use. Excl serves us up the first of his guides on how to make a winning entry.

Coming up next week....

A player's guide to London, useful info for solo trippers, and more top video making tips from Excl. We'll also be giving you more details on the RuneFest's cashless system as well as revealing just some of what you'll be seeing at what is shaping up to be a phenomenal weekend.

Until next time,

Mod Paul M

RuneFest Team

Hope you don't mind me giving you all an update on runefest :thumbsup:

Merged with the main RuneFest thread :)

I'm glad they pushed the date back :P It gives me more time to consider whether or not I'm going.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

This is the email sent to me as a past RuneFest attendee.

Hi there Runefest 2010ians!

We've just sent an email to everyone who signed up for more information with the latest news on RuneFest including some updated details on ticket sale dates.

As you'll no doubt have read, we've revised the date that tickets will be on sale to Wednesday 13th July. Being a RuneFest veteran, that means that for you lucky people, tickets will be on sale from 7pm on Monday 11th July giving you a full two days head start on everyone else.

For those of you coming to Cambridge this weekend for Mrs Slayer's RuneFest 2010 reunion get together, that should hopefully give you a bit of welcome breathing space! ; )

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Mod Paul M

RuneFest Team

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

This is the email sent to me as a past RuneFest attendee.

Hi there Runefest 2010ians!

We've just sent an email to everyone who signed up for more information with the latest news on RuneFest including some updated details on ticket sale dates.

As you'll no doubt have read, we've revised the date that tickets will be on sale to Wednesday 13th July. Being a RuneFest veteran, that means that for you lucky people, tickets will be on sale from 7pm on Monday 11th July giving you a full two days head start on everyone else.

For those of you coming to Cambridge this weekend for Mrs Slayer's RuneFest 2010 reunion get together, that should hopefully give you a bit of welcome breathing space! ; )

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Mod Paul M

RuneFest Team

hehe i got this email to but was going to hide it from all :P

rickroll.jpg

`.¸_________Recruitment Dept______¸.´

.¸.´¸.´¸.*´¨) Pink Patrons (¨`*.¸`.¸`.¸.

(¸.´(¸. ,.-~*¨Admin - Scooty ¨*~-.,.¸)`.¸)

Another behind the scenes blog on RuneFest.com: http://www.runefest..../woot-2nd-post/

Text:

The backstage blog is here to give you guys a bit of a sneak peak at what's going on behind the scenes, introduce you to the team and share some of the trials and tribulations that go into putting on an event like Runefest. It turns out that writing the blog presents its own challenge itself as there's just been so much going on that finding a quiet 15 minutes is far from easy! So this morning I've been on a mission with my trusty phone camera and barricaded myself here in the depths of the studio and don't plan on leaving till I've got a blog update written! So far so good.

So first up, introductions time! This is a photo of Will. He's our events guru and is responsible for turning the stuff of a madman's dreams into reality. "Will, we need 15 unicorns ridden by dwarves. Can you help?" stuff like that. Here he is struggling to tell us how long a piece of string actually is. In case you're wondering, it's 3' 6".

http://www.runefest.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Will-Working-Hard.jpg

What's that? You want to see a first draft of some Runefest clothing concepts even if they don't yet bear any relevance to what we might finally get out there? Sure, check out this sneaky pic I took of some designs from that secret monkey collective of Clan T-shirt fame. Anything there that takes your fancy?

http://www.runefest.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Pauls-Desk.jpg

I was in need of paper clips at 8am this morning (don't ask) and although my search was completely hopeless, at the back of the drawer found a Wilderness Guardians pen from last year having previously thought they'd all been used, lost, broken or stolen. It leads me to wonder if any clans will be challenging for the title of 'best-desk-based-clan-merchandising-item' this year. Yep, that's a massive hint. Clan paper clips anyone (please)?

http://www.runefest.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Wilderness-Guardians.jpg

Next week, SJ and I have the tough task of checking out some prospective caterers. Unfortunately that means having to go to London for the evening for some hardcore food tasting. It's a tough job but hey, we'll take the hit for the team. I'm going to use Excl's Golden Gnome top tips video to teach myself some basic editing skills between now and then so I'll point a camera around while we're stuffing our faces and share the results with you on our return.

Finally, just a quick reminder that next week, SJ, Adam and I will be holding a Q&A session so if you've any questions you'd like fire at the RuneFest team, please do come check us out. It's on Thursday and starts at 8pm which will be quite a challenge for me as I'll be posting from Devon with only 3 and a half hours to get there from Cambridge. Wish me luck!

Till next time RuneFestopolians!

Paul M

• 3 weeks later...
Hello there loyal Runefestolopeans!

Today's the day that we release pre-sale tickets to you, last year's runefest attendees!

From today Monday July 11th at 7pm BST, you can get your hands on weekend, Saturday, Sunday, Halloween and of course VIP tickets. All are in limited supply so head over now to take advantage and snatch them up while they're there!

As tickets don't go on general sale for another two days you'll need to enter the

Special pre-sale ticket code: #############

The code is strictly for you and you alone and so we must insist that you keep the code to yourself.

You can buy a maximum of two tickets right now but don't worry if you're looking to buy more than two tickets as more will be made available from Wednesday July 13th.

We really can't wait to see you there!

Before I go, I know that many of you are looking to pick up VIP tickets and so to whet your appetite, here's what VIP ticket holders have to look forward to:

Get access for both days and Saturday's Halloween party

Meet Andrew, Paul and MMG for a VIP only Insider Session

Enjoy priority seating in all Main Stage events

Relax in your own dedicated seating area overlooking the venue

Play RuneScape on VIP gaming PCs

Access and enjoy your own private bar

Rummage through your VIP goody bag

Marvel at your exclusive signed artwork

Be the first to see RuneFest 2011 by getting in on Saturday an hour before everyone else!

For more information on tickets, head over to RuneFest.com/tickets.

See you there!

Paul M

Runefest team

I got my VIP tickets to RuneFest for me and Suzi Angel :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

£359.50... it better be worth it lol

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Got my tickets too...

Now to think of a party trick that can top last year's "handing of ze cabbage"

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I wouldn't mind going but I really can't afford it right now having just finish University. I could be persuaded to go if a few TIFers I actually know are going though.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Is 15, I can go, but want VIP Ticket. Halp!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

See you guys there ;) I thought this was interesting BTW:

Great stuff. the original allocation for presale VIP tickets vanished in about 10 minutes so someone owes SJ and I a pint or two for unleashing a few more.

[qfc]235-236-375-62980546[/qfc]

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

Got my tickets too...

Now to think of a party trick that can top last year's "handing of ze cabbage"

Hand them a beer and a kebab. Find an old oil lamp and give them an exp lamp.

Oh! Oh! Come in dressed as the Slug Queen and tell everyone that you're thousands of years old, you have slugs taking over everyone's minds, and cannot be stopped by anyone. Then someone throws a rock at your head and you fall over and die for no reason.

On another note, people in UK can't complain about the Ornate Katana since they get Runefests.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

Guest jrhairychest

How many bots can we expect at the fest?

Ah Mr Langer you're going too. Might see you there :wink:

Speaking of bots, I would LOVE if people would go dressed as bots. (d med, d skirt, granite) or even the 2005 or so bots with the bald head, green legs and tan shirt.

Anyone plan on doing it? If I could go I would but it just seems to funny for someone to not do.

281ae50b7c.png

How many bots can we expect at the fest?

Ah Mr Langer you're going too. Might see you there :wink:

Nope, not going. I'm way too far from England at the moment.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Any news on the exclusive item that comes with a ticket?

We don't know what it is yet but we do know that ticket-holders will receive the item at RuneFest. This is to ensure that only people who attend RuneFest get the item.

Posted Image

Any news on the exclusive item that comes with a ticket?

We don't know what it is yet but we do know that ticket-holders will receive the item at RuneFest. This is to ensure that only people who attend RuneFest get the item.

:thumbup: