7 years of Tip.it Forums

The Observer

Thought that this needed to be posted considering Tip it (as we know it now - not including Scapeboard) started around May/June 2004. I know that I'm about to encroach on almost 6 years of posting here.

So what do you remember of Tip.it from your time here? Do you feel that you have learned anything beneficial from here?

There's definitely the community feel that I've always had here. I know that many of the people who I knew upon registration (and the year after that) no longer post here (eg. How2PK, The_Sith, Dbzruler72, LadySarafina, hypnotic_monkey, Loge_05... etc) Just mentioning those names brings memories to my mind of years ago on these forums. For instance, the first warning I received for mentioning the benefits of a third party client back in early 2006, or that time I freaked out on the day I registered because I double posted (I honestly thought that I was going to get banned :unsure: ). I also remember the days when posting real life pictures was banned. This rule was later amended as a Christmas present. We all have memories - good or bad - that shape us as forum users today.

j0xPu5R.png

The person I remember most that's no longer here is Lady Shahdie. I was so inspired by her achieving 99 Mining in F2P that I joined just so I could start my own blog (see link in sig *cough* shamlessplug *cough*).

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Oh I remember summer 2007 well as I posted my crappy fan fictions in the VL and continued to do so for much longer than was probably necessary. I remember the wild changing and fighting with people on the rants forum for hours about it, as well as other things. Hell, I remember actually playing Runescape when using this board.

Good memories.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

^ Much as I hated his posting style his videos were pretty funny.

I remember posting a very basic guide to the formal garden in RuneScape only to have it slated. Still, one of the images from that guide made it onto the main site. Haters gonna hate.

I remember posting on phpbb in early 2005 to sell my god pages...

And writing up a guide for Garden of Tranquility, back when users could still post guides in the discussion boards on days they were released, which eventually got fused with Abomb's guide...

Ahh memories.

hzvjpwS.gif

I kind of remember all this stuff, but it's funny to think about that at the time I was a wee 13 year old who was lacking in intelligence and legitimate thought... And that I finally joined the forums to report a wrong rock on a mining map.

Too much posting for an RP forum with Lent, Zonorhc, and Archi that I don't even use now... :oops: And too many crappy stories and bad art posted in respective forums.

TIF was like my older brother: the person with life experience. In the first half of High School and with my small family, I don't really have much of an older figure in my life. Helped me a lot growing up through High School Off-Topic did and RS General just helped me enjoy the game better.

But both of those are behind me...I feel TIF is younger than me, at most the same age, finally. :razz:

EDIT: Oh and of course, the general use of internet forum made me type fairly quickly and easily use correct grammar. Something the 'tech-y' generation of today can learn a lot from.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

it's been a fun 10 year journey for me. Made some good friends here along the way too. It's surreal to think it's been so long

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

AAh yes, the olden days. While I have not been around as long as some, it's still been many years. My favorite memory was probably Trapical's party hat giveaway for charity - he was a legitimately decent person, giving away some 1 billion RSGP for charity.

Wow. February 2002 until now. O_o I'm getting oooold lol.

Most vivid memory for me: when a ton of us were going OMGWTHISGOINGON on IRC when Scapeboard got hacked. Again. >_<

Most vivid memory for me: when a ton of us were going OMGWTHISGOINGON on IRC when Scapeboard got hacked. Again. >_<

LOL. i was going "HECK YEAH"

Ah Magey, From friends to enimies to friends again <3

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

PaperclipsYAAAAAR

haha, that dude made OT awesome in summer '07. Same goes for bubsa. OT has had some good times over the years

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

TIF has basically taught me to be mature. If I didn't have this forum, I wouldn't be as mature as I am now, and my online grammar would make most English teachers want to kill themselves.

I've had a lot of good memories on this forum, and I fully intend to continue using it for a long time.

I remember that series of threads Trapical did for his 18th birthday . This would have been about four years ago. Does anyone have a URL for one of them or are they dead?

I kept one for this exact post, but I too have lost them. I highly doubt anybody here will have them saved at this point for so many people left since then.

PaperclipsYAAAAAR

haha, that dude made OT awesome in summer '07. Same goes for bubsa. OT has had some good times over the years

Haha, Paperclips. My attention span at the time was very small, so I never read his tl;dr posts.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I remember debating politics and economics a lot back then, as well as still playing Runescape. Later than that I remember playing ShadowFax's movie screen shot games, which were always pretty fun (I actually won once, but that's only because I spent a lot of time on here during those days so I got the answers first more easily :smile: ).

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I lurked for a few months before joining. ZI'm at 4 1/2 years about which isn't too bad.

I'd have to say having such an awesome OT board especially for a game like Runescape must be pretty rare and special...

And I remember posters like Bubsa and Trapical (bubsa's album and I do seem to remember Trapical's post in the graduating pranks thread or whatever it was).

Doomy edit: I like sheep

LOL. i was going "HECK YEAH"

Ah Magey, From friends to enimies to friends again <3

What I remember from that is the guy setting the logo to Bob Marley or some [cabbage] :P.

Like some of the others I've been here for way too long. Probably 9 years now although it might be getting close to 10... [cabbage].

Been here since only 07' but I lurked well a year and a half before that. Yeah some cool threads on Tip.It.

Music, Movies, Television was way more active, some other users that arent so active now posted frequently (venomai, How2PK, warri0r, etc ...)

necrobean hardly posted anyway. warri0r always posted in MMT.

.......I know

Is there something wrong with that? Or did you just feel the need to say random info?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Anyone else remember the Roll Back? :(

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg