14-Jun-2011 - Troll Invasion

Tim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3otQCeVoUo

Better in fullscreen/720/1080p but its Cliff on hard not that.. hard really :P

Seems his ranged attack is more "dangerous" in ahrd as the 3 rocks bounce in to the centre (eg where u were when he fired) opposed to just landing in the triangle as they do on easy

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex, if you're going to have more custom interfaces, please think about them, reuse them, and make some standards instead of making them from scratch each time. It saves development time and lets you get on with putting out bigger, better, and smoother updates. This is becoming a pattern and a problem.

That little screen that gives you 'information' on trolls you select doesn't give you anything that their appearance, name, examine info and what you're told by the Captain doesn't give you already, so it was useless. Everyone knows what wizards, rangers, summoners, warriors and troll generals are, Dynamite, the Troll Father, and Poorly Cooked Karambwan are all thankfully obvious, and Cliff is a boss you're supposed to figure out (answer: think Jad). Jagex really should trust in their talented model designers more.

The wave counter could have been a reskin of the Fight Caves one, but in troll grey. In fact, make it the standard for 'wave counters'.

This was a solid update, but I can't help but get annoyed when other updates this month have suffered due to inefficient use of development time.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I did the "repair the castle" version of the game instead.

Killed 750 trolls, put my reward into a lvl97 skill and got 37,260xp for it. Not bad for 10 minutes work, though not as lucrative as the circus.

ac04aa6c29.png

Baraglas.png

I messed up, started the repair thing instead of the fight thing and quit. I'm annoyed I lost that xp but I guess more people did so I'll just pretend I got kicked out on a server restart and try again next month. I got 507 rc xp for not doing anything for 30 seconds, by the way.

First did the 20 wave fight up to wave 19 then had dinner, then did the 7 wave hard after which was faster and just as hard really. With the supply table you have 10 claw specs per wave and they all have really low health and defence. Iron titan chewed them all up, even on Cliff.

In short, really boring D&D I'll be doing for xp only.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Unlike other exp rewarding things you get, these reward books can be banked:

bankedrewardbook.png

Start saving up for a few years, then have one day of tons of exp?

Edit: Btw, completed all 20 waves, got 55904 exp for a level 84 skill (which leveled me up to 85 (yay agility)).

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

150px-Captain_Jute.png

If claws looked like this, I would wear them a hell of a lot more often. Please change them jagex, please. If you throw in a pair of duel-wielded nunchuks for £2 on my credit card...no way I won't buy.

I'm not an efficienado.

It was overeasy with overloads and turmoil. Still, it was fun and good exp. Definetly going to do that every month to get more runecrafting experience.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Some notes:

Mountain Troll: Default melee troll

Troll Ranger: Default troll ranger. Will occasionally pick up a large rock and hurl it. After ~2 seconds it will hit the spot where you were standing for large amounts of damage

Troll Mage: Default troll mage. Can "telegrab" you, and spawn an aoe on the ground that resembles a tanglevine. No idea what standing in it does.

Troll Summoner: Mediocre damage, but summons familiar(s) to aid it. No idea if it summons multiple familiars as it dies quickly

Troll General: Low defense, very high damage. Melee

Poorly Cooked Karambwan: Probably the most annoying troll. It is nonaggressive, but if you fight it whenever you cough, your stats will lower by 1. Recommend safespotting with ranged attacks

Dynamite: Will attempt to explode on you for high damage

Troll Father: Summons 3 Troll Grunts to aid him. You must kill the father first or he will heal the grunts.

Cliff: Does a rock toss which is easily avoided. Can telegrab you like Troll Mages. Default attack is melee, will occasionally mage.

Edit: Probably the most important thing that I forgot to mention is that if you attempt to go too far up Death Plateau you will receive a warning about the troll defenses and take LARGE amounts of damage. You'll need to LoS any trolls that spawn in this area.

I received ~67k exp at level 92 after clearing 20 waves on easy.

Ruleroflight.png

Spent way too much time on this(~20 mins, instead of just letting excel do all the work in the first place) but the xp formula is:

xp = 8* (level^2 - (2*level) + 100)

Alot like the effigy formula, but squared instead of cubed.

Generally, looks like a decent D&D- takes little time, monthly and decent xp.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

The invasion is going pretty well. I should know I'm running the show.

Very terrible jokes aside, I sort of went overkill on this. I'm guessing a tortoise full of brews/super restores along with two super sets and claws wasn't needed after all.

All you need is a pair of Guthans and some decent armour...

Some notes:

Mountain Troll: Default melee troll

Troll Ranger: Default troll ranger. Will occasionally pick up a large rock and hurl it. After ~2 seconds it will hit the spot where you were standing for large amounts of damage

Troll Mage: Default troll mage. Can "telegrab" you, and spawn an aoe on the ground that resembles a tanglevine. No idea what standing in it does.

Troll Summoner: Mediocre damage, but summons familiar(s) to aid it. No idea if it summons multiple familiars as it dies quickly

Troll General: Low defense, very high damage. Melee

Poorly Cooked Karambwan: Probably the most annoying troll. It is nonaggressive, but if you fight it whenever you cough, your stats will lower by 1. Recommend safespotting with ranged attacks

Dynamite: Will attempt to explode on you for high damage

Troll Father: Summons 3 Troll Grunts to aid him. You must kill the father first or he will heal the grunts.

Cliff: Does a rock toss which is easily avoided. Can telegrab you like Troll Mages. Default attack is melee, will occasionally mage.

I received ~67k exp at level 92 after clearing 20 waves on easy.

The tanglevine damages you if you stand in it.

j0xPu5R.png

38,880 RC XP for all 20 waves at 70, and it was fun :D

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

Don't let the Poorly Cooked Karambwan or Dynamite near the potion table. Otherwise good bye potion for the remainder of the fight. =P

Maybe I'm weird but I found the Hard waves easier than the Easy waves. :mellow:

Saw the potion table getting blown apart, didn't knew the troll could do that. Didn't brought food nor pots, but survived till the end of the 19th. ^^ Is quite fun, and it's been since A clockwork Syringe I say that about an update.

He's big and tough, and came down from the mountain to drink milk and kick butt...and he's all outta milk.

Duke nukem reference.

Actually I believe it's a reference to They Live

If duke nukem got it from there then yes but from what I know the original was

I am going to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Someone lied to me and told me that taking from the supply table loses you XP, but I learned that was false. Either way, very easy to do even without supply table. Only had to use about half my Inv of rocktails, but that's mainly because I was testing out my new Soulsplit/Turmoil :P

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

He's big and tough, and came down from the mountain to drink milk and kick butt...and he's all outta milk.

Duke nukem reference.

Actually I believe it's a reference to They Live

If duke nukem got it from there then yes but from what I know the original was

I am going to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum.

Well most, if not all, of Duke Nukem's quotes are more or less stolen from elsewhere.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

The 3rd tier duelist hat no longer transforms into the 2nd tier hat when performing the emote.

Nice! :)

It also now does the 4th tier emote. :thumbsup:

DuellistsCap3.gif

edit: hmm...the ani isn't working for some reason. :(

edit 2: okay, got it. apparently ImageShack only lets you upload animated images if you subscribe. :wall:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...