Allergies

Hawks

Mainly posting this because I'm at a loss for what to take... I've done Zyrtec/Claratin/Benadryl and combinations of them, and it's not working. And before OT goes 'see a doctor', I am seeing mine tomorrow.

What do you do to alleviate your allergies?... What are you allergic to/what are your symptoms and what works for you?

Lately mine have been particularly bad, stuffy, bleeding nose a lot, itchy red eyes, and my throat is ridiculously clogged/sore [yes, both] and just all over no fun.

I'm allergic to three things -- pollen (hay fever), birch trees and apples. Birch and apples make me break out in hives and get really, really, really itchy. D: It's not a fun feeling.

I take Zyrtec, which stops the breakouts of everything but apples. It also stops the hay fever, which is nice.

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

Try Allegra (get the generic fexofenadine if you don't want to be ripped off by pharmaceutical companies). It takes a few days to kick in, as with most allergy medicine, but once it does it pretty much eliminates my allergies. Give it a shot a month of fexofenadine costs like 50 cents if you have any kind of insurance.

We had the absolute worst allergy season this spring and I only got a tiny bit stuffed up which leads me to believe I am very slightly allergic to something. Other than that I am allergic to nothing.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I control my allergies by not having them :thumbsup:. Tbh I really can't recommend anything.

Dheginsea.png

I once met a man named Jesus at a Home Depot. Is this the Messiah returned at last?

And i once beat someone named Jesus in a chess game. Does that mean I'm smarter than the messiah?

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH

Maybe a president who didn't believe our soldiers were going to heaven, might be a little less willing to get them killed. ~ Bill Maher

Barrows drops: 2 Karil's Coifs (on double drop day)

92,150th person to 99 defense

Pollen, Mold, and Dust here.

Ragweed for me is the worst.

When I was younger, I'd have an ear infection every spring and fall, it seems. I took generic claratin this year for a few days when I was most miserable. It helped, until I started getting really bad nosebleeds. Haven't taken it since.

You may want to consider getting a neti pot.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Honestly, sometimes I just think nothing works and it's something you have to deal with. My mom suffers from really bad allergies and like you, she has tried everything: all the medications, injections, etc.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

You know what, I don't what they put on me but in India I used this medicine that made my face itchy and swollen as [cabbage]. So all I know is that I'm allergic to something I don't know.

Other than that I'm fine.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I'm allergic to too many things to name them all here. For this time of the year it is pollen. I use Reactine Extra Strenght and it works well, almost completely killing the symptoms. I still have some allergies that I have to find out what they are, such as one at the end of the summer as well.

Not sure what I'm allergic to, but I'm definitely allergic to something. Right now is the worst I've probably ever had allergies. I'm just taking a Claritin everyday. It helps. But I feel awful in the mornings when it has worn off.

I use to have bad allergies. I used to take medication but I stopped because medication only alleviates symptoms and doesn't treat the actual problem. Right now I eat habanero peppers to control my allergies. Eating spicy food will alleviate allergies and also build the body's immune system.

Then this:

[snip]

You're doing it wrong.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I suffer from hayfever, and am also allergic to raw fruits and vegetables, which isn't great :razz:

But I use this for hayfever now: (Not this actual one but the same idea)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bionase-Revolutionary-medical-device-Fever/dp/B004069UKG/ref=dp_cp_ob_d_title_2

Can't remember the explanation of how it works, but basically you stick it up your nose, it glows red for around 30 seconds then you take it out, and it removes the symptoms of hayfever brilliantly. You feel a bit stupid when using it but it's worth it in the end in my experience :razz:

Anyone else used one of these?

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png