Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

If you had to NO LIFE a BOSS

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

TTanT
[ Display Name History ]

TTanT

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,041 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Mole for best profits.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

Tifers say the darndest things

JeRambo
[ Display Name History ]

JeRambo

Cherremy

• Members
  • 2,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • Clan:Wicked Fury
TDs :D
Posted Image
"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."
"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Dex
[ Display Name History ]

Dex

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • RSN:Blue Sock
Probably barrows even though dks is my favourite boss simply because I won't be able to do constant trips for dks. My brain would frazzle from the constant attention and constant equipment switching etc. Barrows requires much lower concentration so it would be something I can nolife.
Posted Image

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RSN:Sir Squab

The only reason why I excluded Nex was for the obvious reason. Majority of players would automatically say nex every time but I wanted diversity in the responses so that was my reasoning of excluding Nex from a response :)

I see where you're coming from, my first thought was Nex as well (even tho I don't have the stats for it) but... if someone is liked, maxed, and says they want to no-life Nex, why isn't that a viable choice?

Personally, I'd say TDs. Most bosses (except maybe KBD) would probably be harder for me to solo then TDs statwise yet at the same time follow the fairly standard "watch your character fight and eat when necessary" combat mechanic which, frankly, is a tad boring.

Failing that, barrows.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Soma2035
[ Display Name History ]

Soma2035

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,440 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I wouldn't no life any boss except for Nex. Other than TDs, they're all insanely dull, and none of them really pay out well anymore either. With a good team, you can expect several times the profit from Nex than you can from any other boss.

And you can most definitely no-life Nex. The team I'm a part of has under 20 members, and we've kept 4-6 man trips going for over 8 hours before pretty easily.

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts
the people arguing for Nex just didn't read the OP

post a boss that you could actually solo and would no life at.

Taken directly from the first post. :rolleyes:
But who reads on a forum, right?

Posted Image

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

Posted Image

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

The people arguing for Nex are probably saying Nex because they honestly prefer it to all other bosses, solo-able or otherwise.

I read that bit. But it seems like a rather arbitrary restriction. There's a fair amount of people who wouldn't want to no-life ANY boss outside of Nex or DG bosses. You can't solo Nex and people who enjoy DG usually enjoy it as a group activity and dislike solo'ing. I'd rather someone say Nex then "I don't really like any soloable bosses that much."

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts
80% of the responses would be "Nex, because it's good money"

How exciting...wooo....

It's not like you have to answer the thread anyways if the option you want isn't there.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

80% of the responses would be "Nex, because it's good money"

How exciting...wooo....

It's not like you have to answer the thread anyways if the option you want isn't there.

Yes. Yes, you do.

Anyways, the people who vouch for Nex aren't only saying "this is the best money" they're saying "this is the most fun AND the best money" considering it also has the most special moves of any boss, ever. Most, maybe all bosses outside DG don't even come close to offering such an engaging fight. Many people who kill Nex rarely, if ever, solo any other boss.

Anyways, Nex should only be an option for those who can actually kill Nex effectively in a team. Which is why I put TDs down.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Shortman422
[ Display Name History ]

Shortman422

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 174 posts
I say Nex because it's an amazingly fun boss if you go with good people. After all how many people know that Nex's shadow attack destroys planted flowers?

Posted Image

Oh that's right all the fun people. (Very old picture before someone goes omg ely and rcb)

As for anyone who says solo only, does this count?
http://img845.images...reenshot587.png
Posted Image

Soma2035
[ Display Name History ]

Soma2035

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,440 posts

Why do you assume you can't solo Nex?

Here's some facts:
- Logdotzip has already gotten past Blood phase solo, with plenty of supplies left.
- Ice can be beaten solo with only a handful of restores and 1 or 2 brews if you are lucky with prison-breaking.
- I've personally beaten 2/3 of curses solo with only a few potions (was duo and team mate accidentally teleported right after we began). It takes a long time but it's definitely doable.
- You can keep 28 additional potions in the room for a whole hour if you use a bless account, 56 if you create two graves (blessed items stay for the whole hour even if the gravestone is destroyed)

In fact, at this point I'm sure Nex can be soloed. And I would rather spend all day trying to succeed at a Nex solo than no-life any other boss for a day (except maybe TDs).

And I HAVE spent days no-lifing Nex, as have many others.

EDIT: So, the thing about Yak items being dropped into your grave was a rumor started by someone who can't count. My bad. Doesn't really matter though.

Dax
[ Display Name History ]

Dax

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,014 posts
TDs. Only non-Dungeoneering boss I have a decent-ish amount of experience with, plus Claws, Effigies and Dragon bits would be nice, too.

#KERR2016/17/18/19.

#rpgformod

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts

Why do you assume you can't solo Nex?

Here's some facts:
- Logdotzip has already gotten past Blood phase solo, with plenty of supplies left.
- Ice can be beaten solo with only a handful of restores and 1 or 2 brews if you are lucky with prison-breaking.
- I've personally beaten 2/3 of curses solo with only a few potions (was duo and team mate accidentally teleported right after we began). It takes a long time but it's definitely doable.
- You can keep 28 additional potions in the room for a whole hour if you use a bless account, 56 if you create two graves (blessed items stay for the whole hour even if the gravestone is destroyed)

In fact, at this point I'm sure Nex can be soloed. And I would rather spend all day trying to succeed at a Nex solo than no-life any other boss for a day (except maybe TDs).

And I HAVE spent days no-lifing Nex, as have many others.

EDIT: So, the thing about Yak items being dropped into your grave was a rumor started by someone who can't count. My bad. Doesn't really matter though.

when I see it actually soloed, then I'll believe it can be soloed.

Until then, it's all talk.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Soma2035
[ Display Name History ]

Soma2035

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,440 posts

Funny. The day you ask to see it soloed, I find a video of a nex solo. His method is similar to the method I'd use if I were to try to solo, but I'd opt for Vesta's longsword over Dragon claws, bring Recover special potions, and use the lure spot only to delay her so I can spam more spec pots. Also, switch Torva for specials.

EDIT: Judging by the description, the video-maker wasn't the first to solo; his friend was, and it seems like his friend has already been no-lifing soloes. Which really isn't bad considering that at 40 minutes per kill + a 5 minute bank, you're getting 1.33 kills per hour, much better than the typical team ATM.

Lieven
[ Display Name History ]

Lieven

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • RSN:L ieven
No doubt, I'd go for arma :P

100224419lieven.png
"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing"

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts

Funny. The day you ask to see it soloed, I find a video of a nex solo. His method is similar to the method I'd use if I were to try to solo, but I'd opt for Vesta's longsword over Dragon claws, bring Recover special potions, and use the lure spot only to delay her so I can spam more spec pots. Also, switch Torva for specials.

EDIT: Judging by the description, the video-maker wasn't the first to solo; his friend was, and it seems like his friend has already been no-lifing soloes. Which really isn't bad considering that at 40 minutes per kill + a 5 minute bank, you're getting 1.33 kills per hour, much better than the typical team ATM.

That's not funny, that's just....that
So it can be soloed, congrats. Now people can actually say they'd camp it because it is a solo-able boss.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kata_Phfract__the_slayer
[ Display Name History ]

Kata_Phfract__the_slayer

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • RSN:Kata Phract
if barrows count as a boss (imho, they probably don't) then barrows.

if not that then KBD.

im not a very prolific boss hunter..
Posted Image
I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Springyguy
[ Display Name History ]

Springyguy

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • RSN:Springy guy
Mole or KBD as they're the only ones I've managed to kill so far...but if barrows count as bosses then I would definatly do that :)
Posted Image

xSxqPowerx
[ Display Name History ]

xSxqPowerx

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
In light of the fact that Nex can now be soloed... I am changing my response to just Nex.

Julezss
[ Display Name History ]

Julezss

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • RSN:Lady of Hope
Currently not a high enough level to kill any bosses. (Level 108) Also I do not have the appropiate gear yet.

:unsure:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users