Return of the wildy/free trade-do you regret your vote?

Spartan3450

tl;dr botting and spamming is worse now then before however it doesnt justify the affects of restricted trade. Care to argue this?

Effects.

Eh, having ignored most of the bot threads/rants and whatnot, why would the idiotic amount of botting and spamming not justify the effects of restricted trade?

Also, why can't we have worlds with the "old new wilderness" in it? I don't like pkers. <_<

Wilderness was never meant to be safe, just because Jagex failed to make rev's as dangerous as pkers doesnt mean you should use it as an excuse for safe wilderness. On a side note though the wilderness is dead empty on 90% of the worlds anyways so its not like you will be getting messed with by pkers normally anyways, and go back to the old days of logging out upon seeing a white dot

It's a game, and they've had the wilderness that way for years. I don't give a cabbage about whether or not they meant for revs to be as dangerous as pkers, to be honest. I want to have the choice to do treasure trails and such without having others bug me. Just as you want to have the ability to kill other players and other players want to kill you, there is (probably a minority) group of players that don't want that. I don't want to have to go out of my way to avoid pkers, who do roam the "emptier" worlds, as they used to.

Personally I hate the wilderness with pkers. I don't pk and don't want others to try and kill me. They never actually succeed (so far), but I despise the fact that I have to "flee" people when going about my business.

Anyhow, what was so terrible about the trade restrictions that makes the current amount of bots and rwt crap an improvement? Personally I don't see it. You can argue there were bots before, but like this? I don't even have my public chat on anymore.

Not to mention the swarms of bots at turoths, fishing spots, yews and whatnot. It seems bots more than quadrupled.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the choice for me was simple. I don't pk and won't do it so often that i'd really miss it, but i knew the bots would return en masse, so i voted no.

Now many recources have crashed in price, i could put that as an argument but well, in fact that's just selfish cuz i make less money selling it. Other spend less buying it so they'r happy.

In short. To me, the bots were the main reason to vote no

sebas379.png

[hide]

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing;

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews;

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores;

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

[/hide]

You never had a choice, Jagex had always meant for the wilderness to be dangerous. Sorry you got used to revs but it was meant to have pkers as the risk vs. reward factor for clue scrolls and other things. Sorry you want it easy but that defeats the purpose of risk vs. reward.

You're missing the point. I don't find it "hard" and don't want it "easy." People can't seem to kill me, but that doesn't make me any happier about having to flee them. I don't see the harm in certain worlds having revs again, so I can idle about in the wilderness like I used to. It's the way I, and many others, play. If players want to pk each other in the wilderness they can do that in the other 99% of worlds.

Another wonderful thing about the current wilderness are the lurers and scammers that lure the less intelligent players into the wilderness with teleothers and whatnot to "scam" them out of their items. The amount of phasers and hackers increased tremendously too. It's not just a few RWT spammers, but I don't even care about any of that, since as like you so kindly pointed out, I cannot play the game I want.

Not being able to play the game you want is much worse then annoyance caused by spam. Turn friends list to friends and public chat and the affects of spam are gone. The affects of restricted trade are much harder to erase.

Effects. Affects is something entirely different.

I do have my public chat on friends, but that doesn't mean the amount of spam won't make people lag, chase away new players, and the likes. Spammers are the least annoying of the bots, and I'd say the idiotic amount of resource and creature hugging bots are much worse.

Before the free trade "update" I was rarely to never bothered by bots. Now I am.

That is change, for the worse. Where there was a very small problem that did not bother me, there now is a out-of-control problem that bugs me right about every second I spend in-game.

Anyone who doesn't have access to Kuradel's dungeon can't even kill a blue dragon because of them. Cutting yews and the likes is like it was before the trade restrictions. These are players that transfer stuff from their bots to their accounts, while others get cheated out of their resources.

What was so terrible about restricted trade again? You keep referring to effects: what effects?

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Voted yes, don't regret it at all. The game has been much more enjoyable for the way i play.

Because you hide underground right? :P

_____

I voted no because, although I like free trade, I didn't want the bulk of the griefer crowd to return. Well, and I was also under the naive impression that JaGEx really did have some way to combat bots...

I would define a griefer as someone who would kill (or lure) someone else in the Wilderness not because they wanted to make money but because they wanted that person to feel bad about losing theirs.

I'm not a PKer, so PKers are going to tell me my opinion is invalid. But seriously, how were PvP worlds not better than the old Wilderness?

PKers've said that they wanted the items their victim was carrying, but when most PKers wouldn't wear anything worth anything, the random drops with statuettes and high level items would be more profitable.

I think in reality the PKers who left because of the removal of/transfer from old Wilderness to PvP Worlds left because they were forcefully segregated from the innocents they preyed upon before.

And these same people are the ones who Erage and just randomly insult, troll, and flame others. I'm far from declaring all PKers as scum, but the ones who only play to ruin others' experience (both inside and outside of the Wilderness) certainly are (differentiated by the term "griefers"), and are likely the bulk of the people who left and returned. The game was far better off with those particulars gone and although some will argue that the community has always been terrible it's certainly degraded further in the past year.

And the bots are ridiculous. They ruin any immersion the game had. (All games have immersion by the way; just because RuneScape is in many ways casual and browser-based doesn't mean it lacked immersion.)

I hate SEEING swarms of strange characters with strings of random letters and numbers for names swarming about the place like drones all wearing the same gear.

I certainly don't regret my vote. What I do find regretful is that I've been forced to suffer through the consequences of the short-sighted, the ignorant, the sadistic, the nostalgic, and the self-centered.

2dgucz6.png

Voted against wildy/free trade. I knew Free trade was coming back anyways so I'm indifferent to this.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts

Offering assists for all Smithing/Crafting effigies, PM 'Luked365' in game, or PM me here if i'm not online

Inb4 green uses Party Pete at bloodveld in slayer tower

Where in the world is Tip.it?

I voted no and do not regret it. The wilderness is a haven for children. There's no fairness in having someone 25 levels lower than you attack you and within 5 clicks have you killed. Teleblock, freeze, and a few swipes with a ddp++ and you're dead. Bullcrap. The "economy" crashed, many prices still have yet to recover. And if you think for a minute over 90% of people voted for this you're only lying to yourself. Jagex introduces a vote and just a few months later a major update? Please. They were going forward no matter what. Had they wanted a fair representation they as well would have separated the vote. Many wanted free trade, very few wanted the old wildy.

So if you can't sell your stuff, can't do many of the activities that involve the wilderness, and absolutely love bots, thank the morons who voted to bring the wilderness back.

I voted no and do not regret it. The wilderness is a haven for children. There's no fairness in having someone 25 levels lower than you attack you and within 5 clicks have you killed. Teleblock, freeze, and a few swipes with a ddp++ and you're dead. Bullcrap. The "economy" crashed, many prices still have yet to recover. And if you think for a minute over 90% of people voted for this you're only lying to yourself. Jagex introduces a vote and just a few months later a major update? Please. They were going forward no matter what. Had they wanted a fair representation they as well would have separated the vote. Many wanted free trade, very few wanted the old wildy.

So if you can't sell your stuff, can't do many of the activities that involve the wilderness, and absolutely love bots, thank the morons who voted to bring the wilderness back.

I didn't know I was a moron.. #-o

VsaJs.jpg

Sorry Jaffy but I don't think you're listening to Ring world lol. The wilderness has been like that forever, this safe wilderness you talk about was there for but a brief stupid time. It's supposed to be hard, you're supposed to struggle to do clues in there, that's the entire point. This isn't a single player game, this is an MMO (apparently, though that aspect is slowly dying). You don't play this game to go about your buisness, you play it to interact with people, in both good and bad ways.

Jagex can get rid of bots, but the new money hungry Jagex led by MMG wants money above all things. If we, the players, can identify and report bots, surely these guys can. But no .... that would be banning free money. This is also evident in the ability to 'buy' back your account with irl money. Quite pathetic, but that's how jagex rolls, money over quality these days.

Face it guys, the free trade and no wilderness phase that existed for that brief time was probably the worst years of RS in history.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

well the choice for me was simple. I don't pk and won't do it so often that i'd really miss it, but i knew the bots would return en masse, so i voted no.

Now many recources have crashed in price, i could put that as an argument but well, in fact that's just selfish cuz i make less money selling it. Other spend less buying it so they'r happy.

recources/armour were artificially high due to being deleted upon pvp deaths and raw gold entering the game the same way.

Bots are not the major reason behind the drop, the loss of raw gold being added/items being deleted via pvp is.

Besides I could call you selfish too for wanting to keep a broken system in place so you can profit off it ;)

What you say is there is less gold coming in and that makes prices drop? that's economy up side down actually.

I'll give an example.

Before free trade there was X supply of fish by fishers/cooks and the demand by monster hunters/pvp'ers seems to have been roughly the same, resulting in stable, yet relatively high prices.

Then free trade and along with it bots come. The supply of lobs increases massively, yet the demand doesn't rise as much. It probably did rise a bit from wildy, but most of those people were supposedly already on the pvp servers so the demand didn't change massively.

Yes i know lobs aren't used in p2p, but the majority of people is F2p and it's very popular there, hence i picked it.

Do you think that lobstr were kept artificially high cause of deaths on pvp servers? I beg to differ and think it's because of the over 100 bots fishing them on every server.

sebas379.png

[hide]

Then they came for me

[/hide]

Personally, I voted "no" simply because I, like a lot of people here, was playing when they removed free trade and the wilderness and still remember their reasons for doing so. It wasn't to get rid of bots (I'm not exactly sure how the OP's original question degraded into a bot rant) it was because of the massive amount of RWTing that was going on and credit card fraud that Jagex was dealing with.

I'm not sure if so much of the staff has changed that they no longer remember why these things were removed, or if they've just gotten better lawyers to deal with the inevitable fallout, but obviously they feel they can handle it better this time around. It would be naive of them to think that free trade would not bring back RWTers and gold farmers in force.

I think that they could have brought back the wilderness without the removal of trade restrictions. People could still PK all they liked, but the gold farming and RWTing wouldn't be as rampant (don't kid yourself, it was always there; even during the period of restricted trade).

As Ring_Word keeps pointing out, and anyone who tried using the GE on F2P worlds knows, bots were always here and will always be here. The return of free trade simply began increasing their numbers in more popular training spots and making it profitable for gold farmers to advertise in the GE on member's worlds.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Well Ring World wanted one reason he couldn't find answer for why free trade is bad suddenly?

Try doing a black demons task in taverley dungeon: I'm the only legit player in there surrounded by bots and their cannons.

I've never experienced that before tbh. This is the first year where I have trouble doing tasks due to bots. If it wasn't for the Kuradal dung I would have given up tbh.

Now I had to change my tasks and unblock hellhounds & block black demons. Although hellhounds are no profit at all (except the clue scroll drops) where black demons give

decent profit nowadays but if I want decent slayer XP I had to black 'em. This is why I'm against the free trade. I couldn't care less if some idiot grinds XP while he's sleeping just to brag to the RS world he has 99's (botted but still).

But once I feel my gameplay has gotten worse X10 compared to last year that's simply WRONG.

At first Jagex allowed autoclickers for the vote, since you could keep voting on the same pc. Then they realized it was getting stupid since there were 5x more votes than there were actual players. So they changed it you could only vote once per IP-address and then many PVP clans (and probably bot companies) ran all kinds of tricks to reset IP's & clean browse history/cookies so unlimited votes for free trade could be added.

I said no back then and I still say no. I don't want cheap resources for my leveling since I gather all my stuff myself. I never pay for XP. Maybe that's the reason I only have one L99 atm in 8 years. BUT I always enjoyed every bit of XP was self earned. Nowadays there are players called IllIliLi and sqjdfdsfkj running around gathering all kinds of stuff and nothing is done against them. At first I believed Jagex was actually gonna attack the bots and try to stop them. But that's all a joke if you watch it now...

SAD

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

How about this why not just be handed a treasure trial item upon being given a scroll? Its part of the challenge just like killing the mages or solving the puzzles is. Just cause you dont feel it is doesn't mean it is not. Jagex always intended running from pkers as part of the challenge, sorry if you got used to something different but it is what it is.

Id like 100m to be handed to me too. But I either will have to do risky activities like staking or time consuming ones like standard money making, the principles this game was built on are the same ones that make you run from pkers in wilderness clues. You haven't really given any reasons why its wrong other then basically admitting your an 09 product and want it to stay that easy.

Please read my post again, because you appear to have missed my point still.

I do not want things "easier."

Nor am I a "09 product" having played this game for 8 years. What I am saying is that there is no direct reason why it should be the way it is whilst (if you actually trust the vote to be accurate) 10% of players preferred the semi-dangerous wilderness. I don't give a rat's ass about how dangerous pkers are, or aren't. I don't like being bothered by people when they know I'm not interested in fighting them. They flame and curse and generally have a bad attitude when I "escape" them. Unfortunately for me, revenants were more understanding.

Great to the people that get lured, they learn not to trade with people across the wilderness wall. They learn not to trust people over the internet. The guy whos rs buddy keylogged him for stuff learned not to trust online people and that might save him from getting his identity stolen in the future, whats wrong with this? Life skills being learned in a game.

That can happen just fine without free trade. People got phased by "friends" back then too, only now it's increased into the ridicule.

I got hacked and scammed in 05, never since and I owe my vigilance to past pains of getting things stolen, I wouldnt trade that for the world because I dont trust people I met on rs to give me things on AIM that could lead to credit card info getting stolen or other things. Getting scammed or hacked is the best thing that can happen to someone who trusts random people on the internet imo.

Yet you see one of the good things about free trade your ability to give people expensive items (trade limits between friends were well over 200k/15 minutes before). How does that work with your not trusting anyone, exactly?

I believe prevention is better, and trade restrictions protected those less intelligent and younger players. Getting scammed and hacked on RuneScape does not guarantee people learn to such an extend that they won't have their identity stolen in the future either. It also encourages victims to try the same on others. As such, more people get cheated by others and the community stands to suffer due to mistrust and negativity.

Still im not sure what you mentioned that is preventing you to play the game how you want. It sounds to me that you just want free stuff without having to work for it. :rolleyes:

Like I said, you're still missing the point. I idle a lot. It's what I do, and when I'm in the wilderness I idle too. I'm the kind of player that does a lot of other things at the same time, while playing, and I don't want to be forced to stare at my rs window continuously while roaming places in fear of some random person attacking me. It's a different playing style, which most of my friends also apply. I don't see what would be so wrong with having one or two worlds with revenants, as it has been that way for the past few years.

Please dont correct my grammar. Sorry if it irratates you but correcting someones grammar is the first indication of an overall weak argument. It translates to "I cant say anything relevant so I will correct your grammar." I doubt this post will stop you from doing so, but just know it is something I have little respect for.

Opinion noted. I'll refrain from correcting the issues of the above statement and move on.

The spam makes you lag? Mind if I ask what kinda computer/internet in non crowded areas 10 or so people heavily spamming shouldnt do that. Id hate to see what would happen to you in world 2. Still spammers were alive and well pre free-trade, remember merch clans? lots of spammers essentially your saying the woes of restricted trade are worth it to have less spammers. Not stop the problem just to have it lessened to a degree.

My internet is much faster than that of the vast majority people (if you believe speednet). I don't usually lag, but several of my friends do whenever they get near any grand exchange, to such an extend that they disconnect.

Bots were always a problem. Are you sure that people are botting Kuradels dungeon for profits or for levels. Since you can only go there while on a task I think its for levels which I can tell you would still be a problem should Jagex restrict trade again tommorow.

What?

Anyone who doesn't have access to Kuradel's dungeon can't even kill a blue dragon because of them. Cutting yews and the likes is like it was before the trade restrictions. These are players that transfer stuff from their bots to their accounts, while others get cheated out of their resources.

The bad side of restricted trade:

- Times where items are unbuyable and unsellable -> This was never an issue for me. Lending allowed for the selling of junk. Now many items actually don't sell. A friend of mine has had adamant h4 items in for 100 Gp for one month now, and it hasn't sold. I dare say buying items like Party hats is harder even.

- Being forced to buy items at an artificially inflated price, followed by a long period where you cant buy or sell due to it -> This appears to be the same point as above.

- Pvp inflation -> Pvp still influences prices.

- not being able to give to my friends -> I don't see how that's a bad thing. It protects players from being scammed

- No staking -> It can be argued that gambling is a bad thing to introduce to a game played primarily by kids.

- Artifically high prices due to items being deleted on pvp. This makes GWD/CORP/TD hunters have an even larger income ratio then skillers. -> You've got this one backwards. Skillers now are completely cabbaged by the bots that hug our resources lower the resource prices and whatnot. Removal of trade restrictions caused bots to gold-farm the skiller way, which effectively made skilling worthless as a money maker, especially compared to staking, dicing, scamming and other money making methods.

- Merch clans -> The first 2 effects you described were caused by merchanting clans. Is there any specific point you're trying to make with this one?

Probably a few more I can list but these are the ones I am referring to

Edit: The bad sides of free trade

- More spam [instead of merch clans its gold sellers]

- More bots [again more, largely due to gold farming]

- hacking/scamming

- RWT is flourishing once again

- Gambling, dicing and other shady activity

- Enormous deflation of items and resources while other items are undergoing inflation

- Many items are unbuyable and unsellable near market prices

- There is no way to get rid of junk anymore

- The wilderness is abused for rulebreaking purposes

- Skilling is made redundant and largely unenjoyable

- New players are discouraged from playing the game due to scammers, lurers, spammers and other negative activity

As bots do not affect the average player on a day to day basis [dont say slayer bots cause those are level up bots which were popular in restricted trade. Dont tell me your average player cuts yews for money either]. Spam is easily blocked by chat filters. Hacking/scamming are avoided by not trusting people on the internet ***this is an important lesson to learn or risk getting actual money stolen***

Yes they do, yes I did mention them as those have undergone a huge increase as well, yes F2p players do cut yews for money, and even the "noobier" P2p players do. The other points I have addressed previously.

Edit:

I'm not saying anything should be changed back or whatever. I'm just not content with the current situation.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

[hide]

recources/armour were artificially high due to being deleted upon pvp deaths and raw gold entering the game the same way.

Bots are not the major reason behind the drop, the loss of raw gold being added/items being deleted via pvp is.

Besides I could call you selfish too for wanting to keep a broken system in place so you can profit off it ;)

What you say is there is less gold coming in and that makes prices drop? that's economy up side down actually.

I'll give an example.

Before free trade there was X supply of fish by fishers/cooks and the demand by monster hunters/pvp'ers seems to have been roughly the same, resulting in stable, yet relatively high prices.

Then free trade and along with it bots come. The supply of lobs increases massively, yet the demand doesn't rise as much. It probably did rise a bit from wildy, but most of those people were supposedly already on the pvp servers so the demand didn't change massively.

Yes i know lobs aren't used in p2p, but the majority of people is F2p and it's very popular there, hence i picked it.

Do you think that lobstr were kept artificially high cause of deaths on pvp servers? I beg to differ and think it's because of the over 100 bots fishing them on every server.

The demand has dropped actually. Alternative healing methods have gotten more popular. Regardless the raw materials fell with free trade because the supply of new gold has lessened. No doubt bots do impact the market but they are not the major source of the fall.

The "Summer effect" of kiddies doing gathering skills while out of school contributed to the major fall of fish prices last year which never recovered. Also fish prices are extremely tied to each other, if one falls they all do. A major update that lowered the price of one fish is the stashable area for fish in f2p on karamja. That brought the whole market down. This happened about a year ago DURING restricted trade.

GEMH_Raw_lobster.png

The whole fish market followed this trend during restricted trade because of the summer affect/bank in f2p/bots/gold supply lowered

Just take my word on it that the price of one fish falling brings down the whole market (I dont really care to explain the whole economics behind it). But what had fish prices artificially high was pvp. It wasnt that they were from deaths but from raw gold.

[/hide]

I perfectly understand how 1 fish crashing drags the others with it. As for the alternate healing, those are mainly members stuff, so for free players lobs are still a reasonable choice.

Yes Stiles brought the prices of fish down, cause players could catch more fish quicker. But it also made it extremely easy on the bots that came by after february, i'd say stiles and free trade stacked up to the large amount of bots we have there atm.

By the way, how do i get this quotewall hidden? I know it's getting annoying, sorry for that

Edited by Kimberly
Please put multiple quotes in hide tags for easier navigation.

sebas379.png

[hide]

Then they came for me

[/hide]

I voted yes. Don't regret it at all. Bots aren't exactly doing things they couldn't do before, and I don't fall for scams. I don't believe that the problems we have now and free trade are mutually exclusive.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

[hide]

Well Ring World wanted one reason he couldn't find answer for why free trade is bad suddenly?

Try doing a black demons task in taverley dungeon: I'm the only legit player in there surrounded by bots and their cannons.

I've never experienced that before tbh. This is the first year where I have trouble doing tasks due to bots. If it wasn't for the Kuradal dung I would have given up tbh.

Now I had to change my tasks and unblock hellhounds & block black demons. Although hellhounds are no profit at all (except the clue scroll drops) where black demons give

decent profit nowadays but if I want decent slayer XP I had to black 'em. This is why I'm against the free trade. I couldn't care less if some idiot grinds XP while he's sleeping just to brag to the RS world he has 99's (botted but still).

But once I feel my gameplay has gotten worse X10 compared to last year that's simply WRONG.

At first Jagex allowed autoclickers for the vote, since you could keep voting on the same pc. Then they realized it was getting stupid since there were 5x more votes than there were actual players. So they changed it you could only vote once per IP-address and then many PVP clans (and probably bot companies) ran all kinds of tricks to reset IP's & clean browse history/cookies so unlimited votes for free trade could be added.

I said no back then and I still say no. I don't want cheap resources for my leveling since I gather all my stuff myself. I never pay for XP. Maybe that's the reason I only have one L99 atm in 8 years. BUT I always enjoyed every bit of XP was self earned. Nowadays there are players called IllIliLi and sqjdfdsfkj running around gathering all kinds of stuff and nothing is done against them. At first I believed Jagex was actually gonna attack the bots and try to stop them. But that's all a joke if you watch it now...

SAD

Its bad because it became known that they are great effigy droppers and people are there for level-up purposes with money making intent as well. If I was a botter I would run my character at black demons to get levels/money/effigies. Bots are a problem however restricted trade does not act as a solution.

Black demons will ALWAYS be botted since it drops effigies and is a good money maker good for both advancing your own character or to sell gold. They werent historically botted because they would cost money before, the change wasnt in the free trade but in the update that made them useful.

Not going to deny that the vote was rigged. All im arguing for is that the effects of restricted trade are worse then free trade. Hopefully you take this response as suitable but I can explain more if I was vague or didnt really satisfy your complaint (kinda half asleep atm)

[/hide]

Euhm you're missing the point AGAIN. You really should pay more attention before replying. I wasn't talking about main characters. But multiple idiots in dmed helms, granite body & dlegs...

They all look the same and some of them in the room even have the same names with just a different number. Like mvb4200 & mvb4300 etc. These aren't main accounts playing to use the effigies.

These are 'bot armies' all ran from the same pc/computer network with one purpose. Leveling up asap and gaining as much ashes and valuable stuff as possible. Every day they transfer the money (to be sold for real cash).

As I said before these guys don't care about XP, but only about hard cash. And that's the big error in your thinking. Reintroduction of free trade allowed RWT'ers to setup lucrative businesses again.

So plz stop pretending nothing has changed... It has! Open your eyes...

Mod Edit: comment removed.

Edited by Kimberly

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

[hide]

SAD

Its bad because it became known that they are great effigy droppers and people are there for level-up purposes with money making intent as well. If I was a botter I would run my character at black demons to get levels/money/effigies. Bots are a problem however restricted trade does not act as a solution.

Black demons will ALWAYS be botted since it drops effigies and is a good money maker good for both advancing your own character or to sell gold. They werent historically botted because they would cost money before, the change wasnt in the free trade but in the update that made them useful.

Not going to deny that the vote was rigged. All im arguing for is that the effects of restricted trade are worse then free trade. Hopefully you take this response as suitable but I can explain more if I was vague or didnt really satisfy your complaint (kinda half asleep atm)

Euhm you're missing the point AGAIN. You really should pay more attention before replying. I wasn't talking about main characters. But multiple idiots in dmed helms, granite body & dlegs...

They all look the same and some of them in the room even have the same names with just a different number. Like mvb4200 & mvb4300 etc. These aren't main accounts playing to use the effigies.

These are 'bot armies' all ran from the same pc/computer network with one purpose. Leveling up asap and gaining as much ashes and valuable stuff as possible. Every day they transfer the money (to be sold for real cash).

As I said before these guys don't care about XP, but only about hard cash. And that's the big error in your thinking. Reintroduction of free trade allowed RWT'ers to setup lucrative businesses again.

[/hide]

You do know people were still RWT during restricted trade right? ... Your post is invalid.

Edited by Kimberly

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

[hide]

SAD

You do know people were still RWT during restricted trade right? ... Your post is invalid.

[/hide]

Tehy did, but to a MUCH much lesser extend than is being done now

Edited by Kimberly

sebas379.png

[hide]

Then they came for me

[/hide]

Voted yes, don't regret it at all. The game has been much more enjoyable for the way i play.

Because you hide underground right? :P

Or maybe because i don't go around raging at bots. Nothing i do in rs is significantly or at all effected by bots, and if i'm not deadset on finding and bothering with bots, i can really completely ignore that part of it. There were bots before free trade. There was rwting before free trade. These things are nothing new.

On the other side, the market situation in rs is MUCH better. You can buy any item at any time at any price. Serious manipulation is almost completely exclusive to a select few items, and doesn't have significant effect.

The wilderness is back. Staking/luck moneymaking is back. These used to be a major part of high level content that were wiped out.

And what do we pay? Have a higher number of bots at places legit players rarely or never train(only black demons are a legitimate problem here). Oh, and a hundred botting threads everywhere. BooHoo.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I play to clan, so I voted yes and I do not, and will never regret my decision in doing so.

I accept a lot of things have turned sour in the game because of the update, but there was a lot of things wrong before too.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

And what do we pay? Have a higher number of bots at places legit players rarely or never train(only black demons are a legitimate problem here).

I'm glad they're not as much of a problem on P2P worlds, but on F2P worlds decent training spots are overrun with bots.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I voted against it, so no. I knew exactly what would happen.

I do not regret my original vote in the very least.

Then again, I voted no.

Sums up my thoughts.

I'd rather have the Free trade, although I'm not a fan of it. I enjoy being able to help out my real life buddies more now, however, the bots and RWT'ing thing should be brought to higher attention, and they seem not to care.

Turnpikes.png

I voted 'no' and partially regret what I've done. I should have voted 'no' with my 3 other accounts too.

The pro's of free trade don't outweigh the cons for me.

Like someone said in the thread discussing the return of free trade: "Now the rich folks not only drive nicer cars and live in larger houses than you, now they will also have a better RS-char."

And for people saying RWT never left the game, you have to consider in what extent there stil was RWT. Yes you could buy ranks in merch clans with irl money, yes there were ways of bypassing free trade, but it was more difficult than now + the ammount of gold passing hands was much smaller. (or do you think that the bots which gather mills don't find any buyers or are all banned before they sell of their gold?)

I tried slaying on a side-account for fun, well, fighting with bots over every spawn isn't my idea of fun...