I dont feel like making a million quotes so I will just number my replies to the number of replies you left me.
1.) 09 product refers to an attitude not a start date. Much like someone can start in 01 and be a PC product. However let me see if I understand you dont mind running away from pkers but dont like that they are rude? A rev would target you either way and a pker is likely to too, if you dont wanna hear rude comments turn chat to friends and pretend its a rev who is attacking you because your in its range. A persons rudeness is no to support restricted trade haha.
2.) again players attitudes mean nothing to me. Please tell me you aren't basing your arguments entirely off player attitudes.
3.) I trust a select few people (mainly irl friends) or a few rs friends that I have actually met in person. I would love to give them gifts of say 50m for the hell of it and I couldnt because of the 200k rules it would take all day.
The stupid and young are more at risk when they start trusting people online they never met before. Its like those girls who got raped by people they met over myspace. Imagine if they got the hint through rs that maybe internet people aren't trustworthy and that might not have happened. True not everyone will get the hint but I personally did.
Whats your source that people who get stolen from are likely to steal?
Good, lots of bad guys hide behind the veil of anonymity. You hear stories about it all the time im sure.
4.) So you dont wanna pay attention in the wilderness is why you want rev worlds? lmao.
5.) Thank you!
6.) Sorry about the lag your friends experience but their bad internet doesnt justify restricted trade for me.
7.) My mistake I must've misread there. Since Kuradels dungeon is clean then you should train slayer and go there or train dungeoneering and go to that dungeon. Whether its bots or most blue drag spawns are crowded. Free trade or not it was the case.
8.) The bad side of restricted trade:
- Times where items are unbuyable and unsellable -> This was never an issue for me. Lending allowed for the selling of junk. Now many items actually don't sell. A friend of mine has had adamant h4 items in for 100 Gp for one month now, and it hasn't sold. I dare say buying items like Party hats is harder even. I can assure you this was a game breaking issue for many that has since been solved and lots of us are happy to be done with!
- Being forced to buy items at an artificially inflated price, followed by a long period where you cant buy or sell due to it -> This appears to be the same point as above. Nope seperate issue that I am glad is solved as well
- Pvp inflation -> Pvp still influences prices. Not necessarily, while pvp drives the weapons economy it isnt dropping raw gold like before which was why everything was inflated in price
- not being able to give to my friends -> I don't see how that's a bad thing. It protects players from being scammed Why should I be punished for peoples foolishness?
- No staking -> It can be argued that gambling is a bad thing to introduce to a game played primarily by kids. RS isn't a kids game according to MMG and Im not a kid why should I have to have additional restrictions for 12 year olds?
- Artifically high prices due to items being deleted on pvp. This makes GWD/CORP/TD hunters have an even larger income ratio then skillers. -> You've got this one backwards. Skillers now are completely cabbaged by the bots that hug our resources lower the resource prices and whatnot. Removal of trade restrictions caused bots to gold-farm the skiller way, which effectively made skilling worthless as a money maker, especially compared to staking, dicing, scamming and other money making methods. Still a problem for skillers now, but if you look at the pre restricted trade days skillers had it a lot better. Due in large part to "killers" money makers not being as inflated by items being deleted upon kills as they were during restricted trade
- Merch clans -> The first 2 effects you described were caused by merchanting clans. Is there any specific point you're trying to make with this one? Scamming/spamming/etc. that went along with it. Thought it was worthy of its own slot
Probably a few more I can list but these are the ones I am referring to
Edit: The bad sides of free trade
- More spam [instead of merch clans its gold sellers]
- More bots [again more, largely due to gold farming]
- RWT is flourishing once again Whats your point?
- Gambling, dicing and other shady activity Whats your point?
- Enormous deflation of items and resources while other items are undergoing huge inflation See pvp inflation
- Many items are unbuyable and unsellable near market prices Because Jagex chose not to update the GE properly, exactly the flaw with restricted trade at least we arent bound to that madness!
- There is no way to get rid of junk anymore See definition of junk, drop on the ground if you want it gone
- The wilderness is abused for rulebreaking purposes and? player behaviors mean nothing to this argument
- Skilling is made redundant and largely unenjoyable Blame Jagex for boring content then, restricted trade didnt make it team with life either
- New players are discouraged from playing the game due to scammers, lurers, spammers and other negative activity Does that affect you or Jagex? If Jagex is willing to risk business maybe its not as bad as you think?
9.) Adapt or die, if your money making method sucks find a better one
Edited by Kimberly, 18 June 2011 - 04:37 PM.
Please put multiple quotes in hide tags for easier navigation.