Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Return of the wildy/free trade-do you regret your vote?

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

pakalolo_mon
[ Display Name History ]

pakalolo_mon

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Pakalolo Mon
Crashed items due to bots is better than a broken GE system that's controlled by manip clans where it's near-impossible to buy/sell certain items, for me at least.

In f2p, the old wild system doesn't benefit me as much as the BH drop system, though. Unless I go kill rune miners.

Sly_Wizard
[ Display Name History ]

Sly_Wizard

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
Hell to the no. There are no words to describe how much I disliked the no wildy/no free trade thing. Even if there are now a ton of bots, I'd prefer this to the latter.

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
I don't regret my no-vote. But what really disappoints me, is the attitude of players these days, a lot of them just bot for the levels, for the money, for the items. Where was the joy in just playing? Ingame, I'm getting laughed at because I play just for fun, and that I am not an efficiency nub. It saddens me a lot.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

I don't regret my no-vote. But what really disappoints me, is the attitude of players these days, a lot of them just bot for the levels, for the money, for the items. Where was the joy in just playing? Ingame, I'm getting laughed at because I play just for fun, and that I am not an efficiency nub. It saddens me a lot.

implying this wasn't the case during restricted trade

let ruin key aspects of the game for everyone because you think that it makes people care more about efficiency, makes perfect sense :rolleyes:

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
No, my second sentence was just my major problem with this game, along with the way Jagex handles the game now. It doesn't have to do with this discussion, but I just had to say it. :)

But in my opinion, RS is now more ruined than during the restricted stade.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts
How so?

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
The bots block the seaview from my appartement.

And now serious,
the bots are really a nuisance, they wreck the whole economy, spoil our resources, spam the game and private chat. Gold selling, hacking, it all has returned to a scale you cannot describe. Jagex can in no way handle the problem, their promise was just a greedy lie.
Another issue, a lot smaller: the ambushes from pkers while doing things like wildy agility course, or the penguins, or the rune rocks, clues,... are a real pain. I am a player from 2002 and I do remember how it was in those days, before restricted trade, but I preferred it that players that didn't wanted to get involved with PK'ing, could stay save from the PKers.
I simply don't PK, nor merchant, nor stake, so I couldn't care less about the restrictions.

I know you are going to respond to this with the same stuff all over again, like you did to almost everyone who voted "no", but I stand by my opinion, the bot problem is way more bigger than it was a year ago, and if you keep saying otherwise, there's something wrong with your eyes.

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RSN:Bxpprod

I voted against it, so no. I knew exactly what would happen.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

I_am_Not
[ Display Name History ]

I_am_Not

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
voted for it and don't regret it in anyway
Posted Image
If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

Flareboy64
[ Display Name History ]

Flareboy64

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • RSN:OMG CHURRO
I haven't slayed since the return of free trade since the skill gives little to no profit now... So yes/no, pking has its up/downsides and free trade is nice (especially on my birthday ^^) but I find it hard to stick to one thing now... I used to slay constantly, now I'm always bored.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

The bots block the seaview from my appartement.

And now serious,
the bots are really a nuisance, they wreck the whole economy, spoil our resources, spam the game and private chat. Gold selling, hacking, it all has returned to a scale you cannot describe. Jagex can in no way handle the problem, their promise was just a greedy lie.
Another issue, a lot smaller: the ambushes from pkers while doing things like wildy agility course, or the penguins, or the rune rocks, clues,... are a real pain. I am a player from 2002 and I do remember how it was in those days, before restricted trade, but I preferred it that players that didn't wanted to get involved with PK'ing, could stay save from the PKers.
I simply don't PK, nor merchant, nor stake, so I couldn't care less about the restrictions.

I know you are going to respond to this with the same stuff all over again, like you did to almost everyone who voted "no", but I stand by my opinion, the bot problem is way more bigger than it was a year ago, and if you keep saying otherwise, there's something wrong with your eyes.

Absolutely bots are a serious problem that wont be fixed by a restricted economy.

The prices of raw mats are held in check by a lot of other forces then bots, such as fish for reasons I already explained, yews by alch prices, etc. etc. etc. Even without bots most of those would be terrible money makers still.

But Jagex said bots will become more of a hassle should you vote yet but we can handle them. That doesnt mean stop them that means they planned on not letting stolen credit cards fly. Regardless as what was already said bots were here in force with restricted trade just worse now.

The wilderness is meant to be dangerous, you are welcome to read my replies to Jaffy who I spent a great deal of time explaining this to already, just cause Jagex failed to make it dangerous with Rev's doesnt mean it should be seen as safe.

I dont deny that bots are a problem I just remember the crap I dealed with, with restricted trade and think its worse then bots who were a major problem in restricted trade regardless. Besides other problems have since been solved, remember when it was all the rage to hate pvp inflation?

Really you aren't giving good reasons to justify taking things away from everyone is my point and what im trying to get to people who wish they voted no or proud they did. Bots arent a good reason because right now its like adding dirt to a mountain, things are worse now but it was always bad. And you get the selfish people who want their own ease (safe wilderness) to superscede how the game was meant to be.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

bots are a major reason but look at the trend lines, the fall started during restricted trade well before anyone had any idea that it was ending. So no one should use fish prices as a reason to support restricted trade was my point

Actually, the fall started the week of January 21st, which was quite a while after the referendum was announced, for Sharks at least.
Given the history of bots and shark prices, it isn't unreasonable to suggest that bots were a factor in the massive decline of the price (Sharks were stable at around 1k ea in 2006, until the peak of the bot problem, when they sunk to 600 ea. This happened to other resources, such as feathers and dragon bones, as well). It is unreasonable to suggest that they were the only factor. There's the previously mentioned power creep and the lack of demand; they aren't the best food anymore, and food isn't the best for healing.

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts
  • RSN:xpx

bots are a major reason but look at the trend lines, the fall started during restricted trade well before anyone had any idea that it was ending. So no one should use fish prices as a reason to support restricted trade was my point

Actually, the fall started the week of January 21st, which was quite a while after the referendum was announced, for Sharks at least.
Given the history of bots and shark prices, it isn't unreasonable to suggest that bots were a factor in the massive decline of the price (Sharks were stable at around 1k ea in 2006, until the peak of the bot problem, when they sunk to 600 ea. This happened to other resources, such as feathers and dragon bones, as well). It is unreasonable to suggest that they were the only factor. There's the previously mentioned power creep and the lack of demand; they aren't the best food anymore, and food isn't the best for healing.

Dude, this is TIF. Are you really suggesting that something about the economy or infact anything about the game isn't down to bots and botting and think you are going to get away with it? PFFFT silly rabbit.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Dude, this is TIF. Are you really suggesting that something about the economy or infact anything about the game isn't down to bots and botting and think you are going to get away with it? PFFFT silly rabbit.

Oh, if that's the case, then yeah, bots did everything. Bots did the economy. Bots killed Andrew Gower. Bots were behind 9/11. Bots were behind Hitler. Bots steal children in the middle of the night to feed to an evil dragon that lives in Tuscany. Bots are the reason that Nintendo hasn't released the last three Pokemon yet.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow the same pattern as lobsters actually.

This is due to the fish market being tied to each other. Bots do play a part but they were there during restricted trade anyways as shown by the drop happening before any indication that restricted trade was ending was known.

I listed all the reasons why this happened and bots are just one of many. Read my previous post on this subject as I dont feel like explaining all the reasons again when it was posted only a page ago.

edit: The whole fish market followed this trend during restricted trade because of the summer effect/bank in f2p/bots/gold supply lowered/expanded use of alternative healing

Also since sharks are no longer the top of the line fish they are tied to lower fish prices. Top fish have a different trend.
Posted Image
That isnt tied to bots

Naraku893
[ Display Name History ]

Naraku893

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,074 posts
Voted yes and have not regretted it one bit

Kata_Phfract__the_slayer
[ Display Name History ]

Kata_Phfract__the_slayer

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kata Phract

I voted for "I don't care," and, lo and behold, I still don't care. Except for the increased legions of bots. Those I care about, but didn't think would come back in the masses they did. How naive of me.

word for word.
Posted Image
I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Utopia
[ Display Name History ]

Utopia

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Utopia
I voted yes and I regret it, slightly.

I regret it because I have visited the heavily botted areas like black demons, green dragons, etc. I regret it because seeing people scammed and hacked and phished is not something you want to see in the game you play. I, however, enjoy the chance to double your bank with one fight in the Duel Arena, or go kill some noobs in the Wilderness, or give a gift to a good friend. There are pros and cons to both sides, but I think the pros of FT/W outweigh the cons.

Posted Image

jijilentosmi
[ Display Name History ]

jijilentosmi

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • RSN:Jijilentosmi
  • RSN2:the f2p jiji
I was against the return but for selfish reasons: I don't pk, or need free trade. Spammers and scammers don't really bother me, however, I think the amount of bots is a fault of Jagex dropping the ball more than reintroducing free trade. The majority of bots now aren't doing it for the purpose of real-world trading, they are just players cheating for higher levels and gold, which bothers me even more than the old bots.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts
I voted for it not knowing that they would remove the PVP worlds. I regret that decision because PVP worlds with a real loot system is much better than the wilderness we have now. I also didn't know that brawlers would become extinct, and the same with PVP gear. Even despite these shortcomings due to Jagex's lack of transparency, I do not regret my decision because I believe it will do more good than bad. In the future I might start dunging for leechers for money, and this would not be possible without free trade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users