Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Return of the wildy/free trade-do you regret your vote?

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

Star_Fox
[ Display Name History ]

Star_Fox

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,971 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
With all the botting going on and the noticeably increasing complaints about it. I'm pretty sure half of this thread are having
second thoughts. ;-)

Dark_Yeng
[ Display Name History ]

Dark_Yeng

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • RSN:Dark Yeng
  • Clan:Retired
I voted Yes, and I don't regret it.

Tbh, I could careless if they didn't bring back the wilderness/free trade. Meh... I rarely do anything in RS these days. -_-

Btw, no need to bash other on how they voted, it's immature.
Posted Image
2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).
2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

Ts_Stormrage
[ Display Name History ]

Ts_Stormrage

A storm is coming...

• Editorial Panel
  • 3,747 posts
Posted Image

Google trends...

Mind you, this is the people SEARCHING for "RS Gold", so the regular customers who have the sites favorited arent shown here...
This graph pretty much means that there is an ever increasing number of people that is looking for a way to cheat...

I don't think that there is any graph that displays so clearly the connection between cheaters in RS compared to the Free Trade/Old Wild updates...

And when you compare it to this:

Posted Image

It shows that there is no indication that the total number of players/ad-clickers/subscribers has increased by a significant amount when Free Trade and Old Wild were reinstated...

Yet this chart shows that the year after the removal of Free Trade and the Old Wild, they were on track to start making bigger profits...

Posted Image

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Merre
[ Display Name History ]

Merre

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,424 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • Clan:ANTI COE

Since when are logical replies contrary to your own spam/trolling?

Please stop attacking me as a spammer and troll and actually reply to the points I make against you. ITT: you cant and calling me names makes you feel better about your position. In which case I say run along troll I rate you a 2/10 :thumbdown:

Ontopic plz? Spamming again, are you? You'll never learn my young padawan.

Anyway as stated before you always seem to be choosing sides with the botters, ge manipulators & chat spammers. No matter what people discuss or rant about you always say the opposite. I feel no need to keep pointing your mistakes out as u live in a fantasy world. You say the botting problem hasn't gotten much worse. Well I've seen a drastic chance in F2P/P2P worlds very fast after free trade got re-introduced. Many people say the same, yet you remain stubborn (I guess too proud to admit your wrong) and there you go again spamming some more with offtopic nonsense. Ow well... You'll never learn :) :shame:

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,495 posts

Since when are logical replies contrary to your own spam/trolling?

Please stop attacking me as a spammer and troll and actually reply to the points I make against you. ITT: you cant and calling me names makes you feel better about your position. In which case I say run along troll I rate you a 2/10 :thumbdown:

Ontopic plz? Spamming again, are you? You'll never learn my young padawan.

Anyway as stated before you always seem to be choosing sides with the botters, ge manipulators & chat spammers. No matter what people discuss or rant about you always say the opposite. I feel no need to keep pointing your mistakes out as u live in a fantasy world. You say the botting problem hasn't gotten much worse. Well I've seen a drastic chance in F2P/P2P worlds very fast after free trade got re-introduced. Many people say the same, yet you remain stubborn (I guess too proud to admit your wrong) and there you go again spamming some more with offtopic nonsense. Ow well... You'll never learn :) :shame:

I say bots are bad, ge manipulators are bad and chat spammers are bad. All I say is that all 3 of those arent much worse now then before.

Im in no fantasy world, I dont deny things are bad now, I am just claiming your nostolgia glasses are rose tinted unless you can prove to me they arent. I also say there is no evidence that botting is much worse now then before (that is an invatation for you to gather some evidence or stop posting).

I will be the first to admit im wrong the second you prove it to me in a way other then proclaiming your point of view to be self evident and relying on name calling.

Mecakoto
[ Display Name History ]

Mecakoto

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 454 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
What a childish thread. Basically the notion is "Hey guys! I made an arbitrary vote a while back, but the outcome wasn't what I wanted. Since the effects justify me, let me rub it in your faces!"

Free Trade and the old version of the wilderness are back. They have been for a while. The negatives that came with them are back as well.

Get off the drama llama and move on.

As for the "topic," I voted yes because I like staking. I also don't regret it, because I'm successful.
The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

Proud of who I am and what I am.

timmmmm83
[ Display Name History ]

timmmmm83

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 552 posts

Yet this chart shows that the year after the removal of Free Trade and the Old Wild, they were on track to start making bigger profits...

Posted Image

I'm no economist, but I think that is only true if you look at it percentwise.

2005: 2,5m profit
2006: 6,7m profit
2007: 13,1m profit
2008: 17,8m profit
2009: 20,4m profit

They only made more and more every year, percentwise became even greedier in the end. That graph shows how much more they could invest in content development and customer support and still make huuuuuge profits.
(not even counting in the pricy failed projects that take budget/developers from RS #-o)

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

I also say there is no evidence that botting is much worse now then before (that is an invatation for you to gather some evidence or stop posting).

I think it's right to say that they're worse than before, since the spread and usage of bots has exponentially increased. I think it's wrong to say, though, that we wouldn't have been in this exact same place anyway regardless if Free Trade was removed or not. It's simply the increase in sophisticated technology, coding techniques, etc.

hzvjpwS.gif

SilverEternis
[ Display Name History ]

SilverEternis

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • RSN:Eternis

I say bots are bad, ge manipulators are bad and chat spammers are bad. All I say is that all 3 of those arent much worse now then before.

Im in no fantasy world

Hahahahaha.
Posted Image

Tres
[ Display Name History ]

Tres

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 416 posts
i was kinda regretting ft until now when all of sudden gold pile appeared on ground (in crowded place) and i picked it up and it was nearly max cash...first i couldnt believe what i picked up...have no idea who dropped or why but its going to get me all my buyable skills to 99 lol
i guess being legit and honest finally paid off...

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,495 posts

i was kinda regretting ft until now when all of sudden gold pile appeared on ground (in crowded place) and i picked it up and it was nearly max cash...first i couldnt believe what i picked up...have no idea who dropped or why but its going to get me all my buyable skills to 99 lol
i guess being legit and honest finally paid off...

Amazing luck, grats!

But seriously that person who drop traded almost a max cash stack on the ground is beyond stupid imo.

Jackie_Clay
[ Display Name History ]

Jackie_Clay

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • RSN:Jackie Clay
  • Clan:TSG
I voted yes for no other reason than I thought that this may extend the life span of the game by making more people play/return to RuneScape.

With all of the things that have taken place over the few months such as dead content, a noticeable increase in hacking, botting, and RWT, Jagex's lack of significant action, and most recently the controversial Vanity Item/Loyalty Rewards I am definitely having second thoughts.
Posted Image
"I think that if the devil doesn't exist, then man has created him. He has created him in his own image and likeness." ~Dostoyevsky

258ForLife
[ Display Name History ]

258ForLife

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:258 for life
  • RSN2:Matt258
No. I voted Yes because I wanted Free Trade back. I didn't like the Quest Points/4Months Friends Trade Limits because I had to do lots of Quests. I have 33 Quest Points now @ 5 combat. Its Great since I'm able to get Traded >1M Gp/Items fast.
Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers
Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!
Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!
0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii
I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

Mr_Muto
[ Display Name History ]

Mr_Muto

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 231 posts
  • RSN:Mr Muto
  • RSN '07:Mr Muto
  • Clan:Libra
Yes and no. Somethings I see now and it really wouldn't of affected the way I play or what I do in RS. The bots and gold farmers on the other hand are starting to get a bit out of control, can't say we didn't see this coming with the reintroduction of free trade.

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

Taisenbachi
[ Display Name History ]

Taisenbachi

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Silver Norik
I wasn't around at the time of the 'vote', but I probably would've voted no.

Upon logging back on for the first time in some years (two I think), I was amazed at how many people advertising their gold-doubling enterprises and gold-selling websites were there - pretty much every single bank I went to had at least one, to speak nothing of the Grand Exchange. I'd have been lucky to see one RWT website ad back then, and I didn't even know about the money doubling scam. Seems like it's the new armor trimming.

I won't say anything about the bots, since I don't know if they decreased in number during the restriction. Though, I do know that their existance is the reason I hate Mining in the first place, so if they did decrease - well, another reason to vote no!

As for the upsides of free trade... I couldn't care less. Giving stuff to friends? I never really had anyone to give anything to. PKing? I've always despised that - Mining has enough PVP for me. Staking? Same thing I said about PKing applies here.

Well, it's not like it matters. I wouldn't be able to train Mining anyway, regardless of the result.

Sa1nt
[ Display Name History ]

Sa1nt

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • RSN:The Arrow
  • RSN2:Ganja Saint
I personally am happy with these changes; being a extremely long term Runescape player, this is simply a return to the RS i grew up loving and missed oh so much. As far as the return of scamming and begging goes, welcome to real life not everyone's that honest or self sufficient so just take it in stride and learn to be careful in your dealings. If i can put up with some homeless guy asking me for change every time i pass him on the street, you can deal with some level 60 in Varrock bank asking for "Fr33 St00f".

As for my vote, its null and void as was taking a 7 month break from Runescape at the time.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Normalize
[ Display Name History ]

Normalize

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • RSN:NormaIize
I don't regret voting yes. Runescape is the best it has been in years.
Posted Image

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,495 posts

Im in no fantasy world

Hahahahaha.

Funny, I am just trying to get someone to post evidence on something. Show me a before and after picture of popular training areas.

Show me the GE when manip clans were advertising vs gold sellers now.

I take this side of the argument because it is easier to disprove something until you can prove it is real instead of the latter. So I say again, things are not much worse now then during restricted trade. Prove me wrong.

Stuff Im expecting and will lol over.

1.) Self evident "truth": Its obviously worse now, your a fool to not know that (I say prove your nostolgia glasses arent rose tinted)

2.) Band-Wagon Fallacy: Everyone thinks its worse now (should be obvious why this make for a bad argument)

3.) Name Calling: You're just a troll ass spammer noob (calling me nice names doesnt prove your point any better then not saying them)

4.) Ad hominem: Since your opinion is different then mine you must be some botter or gold seller (could fall under name calling again, but I think this more accurately is to try and protray me as some monster to discredit what Im saying instead of going for my argument)

imjoshbtw
[ Display Name History ]

imjoshbtw

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • RSN:8k9
i voted yes, but i regret it now...this is nothing like the old wildy, in the old wildy almost no-one ran or teled, they had respect and honor.

i never thought id miss bh worlds until a few weeks after old wildy came back.

my two cent.

keep free trade/drop system.

get rid of old wildy and bring back bh crater or bh worlds.

Infi
[ Display Name History ]

Infi

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,438 posts
While I wasn't playing at the time and was more or less impartial to the result of that poll, if I were given the option to vote I'd probably vote no to free trade and wilderness. I feel there's a shrewder use of bots compared to pre-"freedoms" and although I appreciate the low prices of raw materials, it really hits home when I can't even camp frost dragons while competing with 8-10 other "players".
Posted Image
99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users