Red dragonhide/leather

Loffelicious

Exactly why I bought a large amount when I first read and checked this out.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Red dragonhide body: 234 xp for crafting.

To find out gp / xp(as I cba to calculate it all the time) you buy a red dragon leather, take the price times 3(3 required for a body). Then you take that number, substract the price of a red d'hide body on the ge.

Now, divide the number you got by 234..

L2 grimys spreadsheets (and no, i'm not going to link them and get banned)

Red is more expensive than blue and barely more efficient at 5m income. Still, as battlestaves are the preferred method, that's 2x cheaper and a little more efficient at 5m income(but limited by supply of staves).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Red is more expensive than blue and barely more efficient at 5m income. Still, as battlestaves are the preferred method, that's 2x cheaper and a little more efficient at 5m income(but limited by supply of staves).

I like grimy's spreadsheets, but if you read the original post of this thread you would know that they would lie in this case, as the red leathers bought several hundred coins under guide. Which the spreadsheets are unable to take account for as they go off guide prices..

I like grimy's spreadsheets, but if you read the original post of this thread you would know that they would lie in this case, as the red leathers bought several hundred coins under guide. Which the spreadsheets are unable to take account for as they go off guide prices..

The current guide prices are accurate enough to best compare training methods. As there are no real crashes, the guide price will always be the best approximation for the real price, better than any estimate a player can come up with buying a relatively small portion of the supply. It's likely, as the prices adjust, the price of red and green leather will be corrected in time.

The current guide prices are accurate enough to best compare training methods. As there are no real crashes, the guide price will always be the best approximation for the real price, better than any estimate a player can come up with buying a relatively small portion of the supply. It's likely, as the prices adjust, the price of red and green leather will be corrected in time.

You're failing to see the whole purpose of the thread. Red was buying far under = opportunity for cheap and fast crafting or some moneymaking. And you could easily have bought 99 crafting in the time these have been very cheap(which has been several days). Stop trolling.

reddragonhides.png

You're failing to see the whole purpose of the thread. Red was buying far under = opportunity for cheap and fast crafting or some moneymaking. And you could easily have bought 99 crafting in the time these have been very cheap(which has been several days). Stop trolling.

Supply and demand. Once someone tries to buy a considerable amount and other people follow suit, the price will increase. So yes, the price may be cheap right now, but that doesn't instantly make a great training method, and, as said, even with the lower price, for most people, it wouldn't be the most efficient method(primarily because of their income). I honestly can't see how pointing these facts out can be considered trolling, and if anything, making conclusive decisions upon a minute amount of data is. The leather isn't buying below med now, and with the ge restrictions and facts about supply and demand, good luck buying 99 crafting in one day.

Just because I didn't tip off others before, it doesn't mean that they didn't buy that cheap before.. This was an opportunity, I never stated it was anything else. And I shared it with people. That's it.

The only thing I know about this crash, is that someone unloaded a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge stack of red dragon leather and red dragonhide into the market, and kept dumping them. That is what kept the price so low. I never intended on crafting, my intention was to make money. But some people might have wanted to do crafting. Be it a couple of cheap levels or 99 crafting - If you found out about this when I did(and probably a lot of other people), and did your math, you could EASILY have banked 99 crafting for a cheaper coin than red or blue dragonhides would cost you.