World Queueing and Instances - 21-Jun-2011

Michael

Hi all,

The next Runescape system update will be in approximately 30 minutes to one hour.

This update will add two changes into game. The first is a new world queuing system, where you will now be placed into a queue when trying to log into a full world, which will automatically log you in once there is enough free space on the world.

The second update will add some preliminary functionality to a new instance world system. If you take a trip to the TzHaar Fight Pit, you will now be able to select to play either Local or Global matches. A local match will function in the exact same way as before. A global match will automatically log you into a special instance world, along with anyone from any server who selects the same, to allow for easier access to larger games.

Well be keeping an eye on the effects of this over the coming week. Invite your friends along for a round or two of gladiatorial violence in the Fight Pit and youll be helping us tremendously.

There will be no game update this week.

Mod Easty

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it a bit strange that they don't put this update on the main page. Maybe to not lagg the instances?

But they are great updates, should be a main update instead of the royal update...

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Aww, I actually hoped it would be the Aura's...

Well, guess I'll have to wait another week.

Does sound interesting. This way stuff like the Fight Pits can actually become do-able.

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

interesting.

i look forward to seeing how much this will lag my computer when fighting 3000 people at once XD

the queuing thing though is meh, i can get on any world i want but i do know how anyoing it can be.

edit: i get the impression that this global thing only effects the tzhaar thingie. is this true?

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Does sound interesting. This way stuff like the Fight Pits can actually become do-able.

It can still be auras. They don't usually release stuff this early during the day. There's still a slight chance of auras in 4-6 hours.

crossed_body.png

Let's hope the instances will be implemented for every team-based minigame (Castlewars and the like), when the tests come out positive.

Why do we bake cookies, but cook bacon

99/99/80+ looking for monster hunting group

RS07: mb nb

It can still be auras. They don't usually release stuff this early during the day. There's still a slight chance of auras in 4-6 hours.

Apart from the fact that the post said there is no game update this week, there's still a chance :P.

Was hoping for a very long time that they'd do a waiting list for full worlds.

The instance thing sounds interesting. Might help to cut down the lag from themed worlds if they start doing it for all events like castle wars, soul wars ect.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

There will be no game update this week.

sig.gif

I don't see why they would limit this to only the fight pits. This would be great to give life to MA, PC, Trouble Brewing, and Conquest.

Because they are testing it, most likely to see the interests and to find the biggest bugs.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Apart from the fact that the post said there is no game update this week, there's still a chance :P.

And that fact jagex is a uk company.

They finished work like 5pm usually.

12.30pm uk time ...4-6 hours...4.30pm-6.30pm; never been an update that late in the day.

Average update time is 12pm - 2pm

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

And that fact jagex is a uk company.

They finished work like 5pm usually.

12.30pm uk time ...4-6 hours...4.30pm-6.30pm; never been an update that late in the day.

Average update time is 12pm - 2pm

Shattered Heart came out at like 8pm. Just saiyan :P

There won't be another update though today, really doubt it.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Seems pretty good. They also added Lobby In and Out to the displayfps menu. However, making another way to get into an instanced area only allow for a plethora of new bug abuse chances.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

VPTAp.png

Fight Pits instanced world - 173.

whats a CFT that guy is talking about?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

CFT in this context is "Controlled Forced Teleport"; basically its a near impossible to fix bug that [wagon] glitches use to smuggle/break stuff.

The classic fight caves CFT results in you winning the fight cave all the time as no-one can find you in the arena to kill you as you CFTed out and thus walk around randomly gaining tokkul and have the red skull.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I've been at home pretty much every single update for the past 3 years. They pretty much all been 12 - 2pm; very few as late as 4pm.

Plv6Dz6.jpg