World Queueing and Instances - 21-Jun-2011

Michael

CFT in this context is "Controlled Forced Teleport"; basically its a near impossible to fix bug that [wagon] glitches use to smuggle/break stuff.

The classic fight caves CFT results in you winning the fight cave all the time as no-one can find you in the arena to kill you as you CFTed out and thus walk around randomly gaining tokkul and have the red skull.

Just smuggles out the red skull. You don't get tokkul.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CFT in this context is "Controlled Forced Teleport"; basically its a near impossible to fix bug that [wagon] glitches use to smuggle/break stuff.

The classic fight caves CFT results in you winning the fight cave all the time as no-one can find you in the arena to kill you as you CFTed out and thus walk around randomly gaining tokkul and have the red skull.

Just smuggles out the red skull. You don't get tokkul.

Fair enough, saw some vids where u did get tokkul but they were fairly old; I should say seemed to, they were proper old school blurry res but they deffo seemed to have tokkul on them and the number seemed to rise when they got the dialogue pop up.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Meh. The instanced mini game system has some potential to be useful. Maybe this will lead to other stuff being like this in the future that is more useful.

As for world queuing, I feel like this will actually make it more difficult to log into worlds than the old system (spam click), but maybe not, will have to try it out.

As for world queuing, I feel like this will actually make it more difficult to log into worlds than the old system (spam click), but maybe not, will have to try it out.

Spam click hasn't worked for ages because you have to keep closing the world full dialogue and then clicking on the world again and they don't exactly line up.

The only way it will slow you down is if you were a lucky sob and managed to grab the empty spot before people who'd been trying to get on tht world for ages as you now would have to wait you're turn.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Game update in 30 mins. Not sure what it's going to be for, got the message right as I started a dungeon.

From the same rsof thread as before:

"Edit: We will be updating in approximately 30-60 minutes to fix a problem with attempting to ban people from friends/clan chat channels. This will also solve problems with freezing on trying to log into an instance world. Apologies for the inconvenience. "

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Bout time they added this. I suggested it over 6 months ago. Of course they wouldnt give credit to any player who gives them ideas, but I am glad its here.

World Queuing: Wessan's Idea.

wessan.png

Bout time they added this. I suggested it over 6 months ago. Of course they wouldnt give credit to any player who gives them ideas, but I am glad its here.

You're right, because no one in the history of Runescape besides you has ever thought of a waiting list to get into worlds; this entire update is single-handedly a product of your mind. Your brilliance is truly beyond normal human comprehension, what can we do to thank you.

clansig7.gif

You're right, because no one in the history of Runescape besides you has ever thought of a waiting list to get into worlds; this entire update is single-handedly a product of your mind. You're brilliance is truly beyond normal human comprehension, what can we do to thank you.

=D>

Just imagine that as a really slow clap.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Did jagex actually do something useful?

No useless update?

No, not at all.

Hmm, the world queuing is actually really smoothly done. The fact that you can see where you are in the queue in real time is a nice touch that I wish other games would employ.

I'm serious when I say: Good job, Jagex. icon_thumbsu.gif

~ W ~

sigzi.png

This instance update has far more potential than most of the latest updates. Consider for a moment - instanced Dungeoneering, instanced Trawler, Shades, Trouble Brewing...

Good to see that this Fight Pits is used as a stress test, as well as a feasibility check for some of the larger PvP activities (CW, SW, etc).

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Definitely, the way to fix dungeoneering team making is to have this work.

Hopefully, we can just go into the appropriate room on any world instead of standing around like idiots outside in a horribly laggy world.

Seriously, Jagex should have perfected this first before dunegeoneering was released.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Lol that's nothing. I came up with the Clan update ;)

My Clan Suggestion:

This is my list of suggestions to better improve the clan world. This has incorporated many original ideas as well as some ideas that I have seen on the forums. The majority of these ideas are based around a "Clan Base." Read on for more information. I do not claim all these ideas as my own. Many of these have been gotten from reading around on the forums and viewing other peoples suggestions.

Clan Base:

The clan base is not an ingame thing. It is a part of the website just like the game guide, or the grand exchange, or even the forums.

This clan base could be used for a variety of things. I will list many of these features below. Some of these are also in game features but may also relate to the Clan base.

Memberlist:

Leaders of the clan could list their entire memberlist here. This memberlist could be used for reference purposes as well as for Jagex events such as the Jagex Cup.

It could be made so that to put someone onto the memberlist, you had to have their permission, or there could be a feature on it where a person could request to be put on the memberlist, as well as a feature where a person could be removed.

For privacy reasons, the leader of the clan could decide whether he wanted his memberlist to be public or private, as well as whether he wanted a link to it put in a Database of all clans.

Clan Database:

A database could be made that would list all of Runescapes clans, as well as people stats and the stats of the clan. Clan leaders could decide whether or not they wanted their clan to be put on this list.

Clan chat managing:

In the clan base, there could be some helpful features to manage your clans clan chat. Leaders of the clan could have access to this feature and they would be able to quickly add and remove members, change their ranks, as well as suspend or ban members if they have been misbehaving. To get what clan chat this is in control of, the leaders have to fill out what the clan chat they use is, and then the account which that is will have to put on there that it is the clan chat as well.

Ingame Clan chat suggestions:

There are a variety of other clan chat things that could be useful in game, although these could also be improved by the clan base.

More ranks:

The clan chat could use more ranks, and mainly, ranks with more power. Currently, the only one who can change ranks and add or remove people from the list is the owner, the one with the golden key. I would suggest adding 2 new ranks, a silver key, as well as a bronze key. The silver key could be a position for leaders only. These leaders would be able to add, remove, and change ranks. These would also be the ones who had access to the clan database. The bronze key could be for clan moderators. They would be allowed to add people to the list, but they wouldn't have full power. They could only add people and change ranks up to 3 chevrons, no higher than that. They also could have a few powers in the Clan Base.

Auto-join:

An option to set a clan chat as auto-join. This would then make it so whenever you logged in, it would auto-join that clan chat.

A separate list for clan chats:

Many clans are pretty big and can quickly fill up a leaders friends list. My suggestion is that a separate list is used for a clan chat. This would make many above suggestions work much better, such as the silver and gold star having the ability to edit the memberlist.

Suspend option:

Often times, someone can accidentally kick another person and that person then is not able to get back in the clan chat for an hour. I suggest changing the kick so it merely kicks them out but gives no ban, so it acts as more of a warning. Then there would be a new suspend option, and when you use this, it brings up something in the chat box place, asking how many minutes you want to suspend them for.

Clan Report option:

This button would appear next to the report abuse button and when clicked, would bring up a similar kind of window. If you were a bronze, silver, or gold key in the chat, this window would have some different options. It would have a ban option, which would ban the person indefinitely. They could be removed from this by going to the ban list, which would no longer be the ignore list. Another option would be suspend, you could type in the persons name, like in ban, and that person would be suspended for the time that you entered, in a day, hour, and minute format.. Allowing their name to be typed in would stop chat hoppers, who come and go too fast to be kicked.

Also available in the clan report window, but available to all members, would be to submit a report. You could fill in a persons name and then give a quick description of what the report was for. This report would then go to the clan base where the leaders could view it and see a record of the last 60 seconds of clan chat. They could then ban or suspend the misbehaving user from the clan chat.

Message all:

This option would allow any key to quickly message all online players who were ranked in that channel. This could be helpful to tell them to join the clan chat for an event or many other things.

Posted that a bit over 2 years ago :P

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

Google Chromes empty response bug ate my post... twice! =D>

Anyway, great update IMO. Imagine MA rings being easier to get, or Dungeoneering theme'd worlds without the effigy spam or guys trying to do 5:5 c6 Frozen floors...

Good job Jagex, this has me excited for the next batch of updates using these features. :^_^:

None of you can come to this guy.

^I like this idea very much.

And you are right guys, Im not the only player who has ever in the world suggested something to Jagex; however, the fact that Jagex does not give credit to its players for updates they release is the worst kind of stealing. If they really wanted to foster a community that takes pride in giving back to the game, then they should say "We have released this feature for Runescape, thanks to 'this player' or 'these players' who gave us the idea and helped in the development and improvement of Runescape."

You know who gives credit for things? Tip.It does. Just look at any guide, calculator, or entry into the items/beastiary lists. People who contribute get a note that they helped. To not mention someone's hand in producing something is disrespectful and stealing.

No, I am probably not the only and first person to have made such a suggestion, but when I searched on the RSOF and Tip.It, I did not find a thread similar to or before mine. Therefore I will claim it as mine, because it is. Am I going to write Jagex and complain? No. I will appreciate that something I suggested was brought about into the game; however, I will always contend that Jagex should give credit to its players when it is due.

wessan.png