World Queueing and Instances - 21-Jun-2011

Michael

-If you drop an item in the instanced world, does it work just like it would in a regular world.

-Can you trade others while there.

-If you disconnect I imagine you cant get back into that instanced location?

The reason I ask is for future updates they might use this with.

Cool idea, seems kind of like they copied WoW and their updated dungeon team que system.

Cant wait to see them use this for things like boss hunting and maybe higher lvl content dg resource dungeons.

Wouldnt this type of instanced environment be alot like dungeoneering? Or is this alot more complex due to the fact that it combines everybody on every world and sends them all to another world (not just a place on the same world like dungeoneering)

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It' slightly more complex as players are being moved to a dedicated server, with appropriate data stored to send them back to the server they came from AND not mark their space on that server as free.

I'd say dg tech helped though, prior to dg all instanced areas were just 1 player areas; dg was the first multi-player instancing we saw iirc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Doh yeah obviously.

Amazing the things you can completely forget/overlook as they are so day-to-day now.

Though I still reckon dg tech helped.

After all poh require 1 specific player to call up the instance and though they allow more players in the instance is tied to the one person's presence; where as dg is a bit of a step up in that the instance is tied to the team not just 1 player.

Edit: Wasn't ba pre-poh? If so that would actually be the first multi-player instance. It might've been second though I can't quite recall.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

This world Queuing is a Good update. I like not having to keep clicking on the world to Join & like the little list to know when I'll be next to join the World. It would be nice for the Instances be added to other Mini games.

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

Ah forced teleports. That reminds me of my old account...

... Which was swiftly perm banned w/o appeals for using them :P

I remember that, everyone on tif gave you so much [cabbage] for doing it :thumbdown:

I would love to see this for duel tourneys or clan wars with even larger areas. 500 vs 500 clan war anyone?

Maybe we could actually utilize some of the higher kills to win rules then.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Didn't manage to try out world queuing until today where I tried to log into World 2. It was around 4:00 PM EST and it's summer time so I expected it to be busy - to my surprise I was instantly placed 40 in a line and it didn't take long for me to be logged into a world shortly after. I've just become so accustomed to constantly mashing log into World 2 so much that it seemed like such a relief, heh. These are the small updates that I appreciate but they just make Scaping so much more enjoyable. Now if only I could convince Jagex to make a visible specials tracker somewhere else besides the combat tab =x

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

• 4 weeks later...

Happened to be uploading some other pictures to the forums and found this little gem. I cannot help but post it seeing as I will continue to catch flak for it, but I dont care:

SuggestiontoJagex.png

Like I said in earlier posts, probably not the first to bring it up at any point in time, but I did suggest it (4 months in advance mind ya), so I'm calling it mine.

wessan.png

Most games offer this. It doesnt make it your idea, it just makes jagex one of the last to think of implementing it. Most people who play more than rs probably play a game that offers queuing so would have thought of it trying to get on a busy world.

Like I said in earlier posts, probably not the first to bring it up at any point in time, but I did suggest it (4 months in advance mind ya), so I'm calling it mine.

^Cant bring myself to say it again so I'll quote it.

Cheers. Heres to you Yay0siris for reading entire posts.

wessan.png

^Cant bring myself to say it again so I'll quote it.

Cheers. Heres to you Yay0siris for reading entire posts.

Generally it is "pics or it didnt happen"

It happened

And there are pics

Valve, give this man a hat!

TBH I've never used these really. Well once when I clicked a full world by mistake..

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

They have to have instances to create any real end game raid content.

This FFA random-who-gets-the-drop crap is unacceptable.

Look forward to some real scripted boss fights in the future.

Fools_Taco.png

They have to have instances to create any real end game raid content.

This FFA random-who-gets-the-drop crap is unacceptable.

Look forward to some real scripted boss fights in the future.

You might want to raise your Dg level a bit before you think about end game content. Just saying.

patr1ckotg1.png

I don't see where people are getting oh YAY they invented instances we might get some new instanced bosses from.

News flash: instances have existed in-game for years and years and years; all this did was create instanced worlds where players from all servers are grouped together onto an instanced server to help densely populate a game or area that needs it without people needing to world hop.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I don't see where people are getting oh YAY they invented instances we might get some new instanced bosses from.

Don't think anyone is thinking "Oh boy an area that I have all to my little character" when they think of instances.

Lots of MMORPGs have group quests and things like that, which has been strongly desired for a long time. Bosses too. And this would be, or can be interpreted as, the first step to that next level of gameplay.

And who knows if it is or not? I can't remember anywhere saying that they're absolutely not doing things like that, so it's still perfectly reasonable to speculate.

hzvjpwS.gif

I meant the posts that are viewing instances as something entirely new to rs and this update has suddenly paved the way for instanced boss dungeons to raid. Don't make sense to me, instancing is nothing new in rs; BA, poh, pc, many quest areas, ma etc etc are all instanced.

The way has been paved for a long time, this update was just a new cross-server instancing.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I meant the posts that are viewing instances as something entirely new to rs and this update has suddenly paved the way for instanced boss dungeons to raid. Don't make sense to me, instancing is nothing new in rs; BA, poh, pc, many quest areas, ma etc etc are all instanced.

The way has been paved for a long time, this update was just a new cross-server instancing.

Your missing the point, there has never been something instanced of this magnitude, providing a sole server for just this one instanced aspect of the game? That is proving to me at least that Jagex is serious about taking the game that direction.

patr1ckotg1.png