Need Help

IAmCyanide

Wow I hope you solve the problem. People should really stop stealing from other players accounts and work to earn their money and items.

I think he has a lot more problems to worry about than his Runescape account if a Chinese hacker infected his computer with a trojan that he can't get rid of with conventional antivirus software.

If that doesn't work then try AVG free to do a full scan. Very reliable program.

i liked AVG until the latest one, where it would take about 30 mins to load anything on a computer because of the crazy safe surf protection.

Lynxrockstar.png

Ok this is getting stupid now.

im almost sure the problem is no longer on my end this time, i managed to get rid of some tracking thing on my comp the other day, and the guy hasnt managed to get onto my account, but now i log on and there is a different ip from the lst time,

so i check the new IP and what do you know, another Chinese guy has been on my account.

i was almost certain that my computer security wasn't to blame now im positive.

General IP Information

Hostname: 77.98.85.218.board.xm.fj.dynamic.163data.com.cn

ISP: Data Communication Division

Organization: chinanet fujian province network

Proxy: None detected

Type: Broadband

Assignment: Dynamic IP

Blacklist:

Geolocation Information

State/Region: Fujian

City: Xiamen

Latitude: 24.4675

Longitude: 118.0931

Lynxrockstar.png

Ask someone you know to use their computer. Change your password and recovery questions on ANOTHER computer

-Why? If you have a keylogger, then changing your stuff on another computer will leave the hacker in the dark. Do that, and do not log into rs until you get this sorted out.

If you've felt like you have done all that you can, then I suggest you reinstall windows.

If you don't have a windows 7 disk, then download an untouched .iso from a p2p site. As long as you have the serial number for your license, then everything is fine. When you reinstall it, make sure you do a NEW installation, so that you delete everything on your machine

-To get your license number, right click computer or press windowskey + pause|break. Scroll down, it will say windows activation. If yours looks like XXXXX-OEM-XXXXXXX-XXXXX, then look somewhere on your computer for a physical sticker that shows your windows license key. If it does not say OEM then just copy that number down and use it to install windows

Reinstalling windows will always fix every problem, but it is often the end all option

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Ask someone you know to use their computer. Change your password and recovery questions on ANOTHER computer

-Why? If you have a keylogger, then changing your stuff on another computer will leave the hacker in the dark. Do that, and do not log into rs until you get this sorted out.

I am in the process of trying to do this, however non of my friends play RS, im 18 so its kinda awkward. (where i live its pretty much a Sin)

Also i asked my mum for a new laptop, the one i have is pretty old and it has trouble connecting to the internet, i would play on it but it lags out pretty much ever 10-5 mins (on a good day) i have 300 pounds so i could buy one myself, however im in a band so i need the money to buy a better Drum kit.

(also he keeps trying to cancel my PIN, so im paranoid about doing it on another computer, becasue if it isnt my computers falt then the account will pretty much be sat doing nothing untill the 7 days are up)

If you've felt like you have done all that you can, then I suggest you reinstall windows.

If you don't have a windows 7 disk, then download an untouched .iso from a p2p site. As long as you have the serial number for your license, then everything is fine. When you reinstall it, make sure you do a NEW installation, so that you delete everything on your machine

-To get your license number, right click computer or press windowskey + pause|break. Scroll down, it will say windows activation. If yours looks like XXXXX-OEM-XXXXXXX-XXXXX, then look somewhere on your computer for a physical sticker that shows your windows license key. If it does not say OEM then just copy that number down and use it to install windows

Reinstalling windows will always fix every problem, but it is often the end all option

Feel like that's a pretty crazy thing to do to sort out the problem, although its probably going to work im not confident in doing it, my parents would probably murder me because im bound to do it wrong, it happens to everything i do (no lie)

However, do you think a system restore would help sort the problem? i know it happened about 6 days ago when i was Hijacked, so if anything is on the computer i could reset a few weeks or a month the re install Chrome. im just not confident on doing that either because i know they can go wrong sometimes.

Also, i feel the problem really isn't mine, if you go to the Official Runescape forums all of the hijacked complaints there are all saying that they have been accessed by someone from China (when they track the IP) that's why i really don't feel like anything i do will help me because im sure this is a Jagex problem.

Lynxrockstar.png

You could try DDOSing their IP :lol:

And go to jail? DDOSing is illegal in many countries.

System restore won't fix it. If it is software on your machine, it'll still be there. All system restore does it restores your settings to the past. I've never had it help with any problem I've come across.

A reinstallation of windows is your best bet

i play Xbox live with some people that ddos

i got then to do it to the last guy and he hasnt been on my acc since. next time i see my friend hes getting this ip too.

im not putting up with this crap.

Lynxrockstar.png

System restore won't fix it. If it is software on your machine, it'll still be there. All system restore does it restores your settings to the past. I've never had it help with any problem I've come across.

Dam.

might end up betting a new laptop soon anyway, mine is pretty old atm and i have been complaining about it for a while, this comp is a bit old aswell. if i reinstall windows does that mean i will have to re install all of my games aswell?

because command and conquers only come with about 3 downloads and Starcraft 2 takes hours to install and thatsw ithout the patches. :s

Lynxrockstar.png

Well it was intended as a joke, but I guess if he's already done it once :blink:

PM me for fitocracy invite

Well it was intended as a joke, but I guess if he's already done it once :blink:

one of my friends told him i got hacked and he did it then told me the next day.

i was a bit like o.O aswell

Lynxrockstar.png

Go after a company, or someone who knows who is DDOSing them and you'll get in trouble.

Say if you told me you were going to DDOS me, and I knew your IP (from the ddos ofc) I could get you arrested.

Large companies do it all the time. Mainly because in order TO ddos you have to hijack a bunch of other peoples computers, which is illegal in its own right.

Reinstalling windows, yes. You will need to reinstall everything. Which C&C? If it isn't one of the ones on Steam, then gf because EA downloaded games suck. If it is the old one, it is already shareware