Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Micro Transactions vs. Bots...

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts
The problem is that once Phats are avaliable to buy, they no longer mean anything.

Zerker_Jane
[ Display Name History ]

Zerker_Jane

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Zerker Jane

Jagex will never sell rs GP. even though you agree its "their property" on the ToC the day they sell GP is the day that if you get banned you can take them to court and sue them. If you sell something it implies ownership is shifted, otherwise it is illegal.

I think second life sold virtual stuff for real money and banned someone who bought that and got sued.

Jagex wants to avoid direct micro-transactions for that reason. They can get away with certain aspects now because those items are "gifts" or membership is a "bonus" to a free game.

Don't be silly. You'd obviously have to tick a check box that states you acknowledge you are only "renting" GP from Jagex.

Its illegal to destroy federal reserve notes because the government owns them. Doesnt mean they can take the ones im "renting" without a [cabbage] storm. Like I said Jagex will get themselves in a legal mess should they start selling runescape money and if such players happen to get banned.

Without a [cabbage] storm, maybe not. But definitely without a legality issue. It would be completely legal for Jagex to ban you after renting money from them, because you broke their terms and conditions (which you'd agree to before you rented gold from them).
Posted Image
99 farm easy

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,432 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Jagex will never sell rs GP. even though you agree its "their property" on the ToC the day they sell GP is the day that if you get banned you can take them to court and sue them. If you sell something it implies ownership is shifted, otherwise it is illegal.

I think second life sold virtual stuff for real money and banned someone who bought that and got sued.

Jagex wants to avoid direct micro-transactions for that reason. They can get away with certain aspects now because those items are "gifts" or membership is a "bonus" to a free game.

Don't be silly. You'd obviously have to tick a check box that states you acknowledge you are only "renting" GP from Jagex.

Its illegal to destroy federal reserve notes because the government owns them. Doesnt mean they can take the ones im "renting" without a [cabbage] storm. Like I said Jagex will get themselves in a legal mess should they start selling runescape money and if such players happen to get banned.

Without a [cabbage] storm, maybe not. But definitely without a legality issue. It would be completely legal for Jagex to ban you after renting money from them, because you broke their terms and conditions (which you'd agree to before you rented gold from them).

The second they charge real money for an item (real or not) you are not "renting" it it is assumed by law to be yours. Doesnt matter what their terms of service says.

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers

The problem is that once Phats are avaliable to buy, they no longer mean anything.

Who says they have to "mean" anything? Personally I want one because I like they way they look, not because they're rare and expensive.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users