Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

23-Jun-2011 - Introducing: the Members’ Loyalty Programme!

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

SomeNut
[ Display Name History ]

SomeNut

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

havent got time to look a tthe whole thing, but it looks good imo.

1 small question- do we get rewards for being members when the updtae goes live or only start getting them when updating membership after the update is live.

Only current members will receive enough Loyalty Points to immediately make the most of the new equipment slot. To take full advantage of this and all the other rewards available, subscribe today!

if the world didn't suck, we'd all fly off into space
never have a battle of wits with a fool, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with expierience

Dreezer
[ Display Name History ]

Dreezer

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:dreezer
sounds fun, as long as the rewards stay cosmetic...

I suppose it makes sense that everything they showed in the video seemed cosmetic, since that is what makes good video material. Still, I hope that some of the actual stat-affecting options are accessible at launch.

Stat-affecting loyalty rewards place too much emphasis on time, rather than work, put into the game. Think of how ridiculous it would be to have bunny ears give optimal strength bonus, or completionist capes only available to those with classic veteran access.

I would NOT like to see any stat-affecting loyalty rewards, but I'm sure that will happen anyways.

Pay us $5.95 now and we add the belt slot where you can hold 30 extra inventory spaces in your belt or wear a belt with +12 strength bonus! If you buy members with the membership card we will also give you a Katana (e), which has a special that heals and hits 25% extra. The special is mage based, as well. O ya and the Katana has the strength bonus of the chaotic maul.

and lol at master_smither :P

Sacrificing efficiency for fun since 1991

angel2w.gif

Dreezer.png

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Seems jagex is using their loyalty rewards system to introduce culture items.

Samba = African
Saxton = British
Eastern = Orientals
Dervish = Middle Easterners

Notice the cannon is shooting green, brown and purple smoking cannonballs. If you catch it at the right second you can see a purple ghost-like figure shoot up out of the cannon. When I saw the green smoke I thought of poisoned cannonballs, but now I'm not sure.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Bows
[ Display Name History ]

Bows

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,352 posts
Cool. :thumbup:

Maleficus1055
[ Display Name History ]

Maleficus1055

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,291 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Armyman19
Wow, who picked the music for that video?Posted Image

That being said, everyone is overreacting to this. If you like it, use it, if you don't like it, don't use it. It's just some fun new things for the game.

jijilentosmi
[ Display Name History ]

jijilentosmi

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • RSN:Jijilentosmi
  • RSN2:the f2p jiji
I'm not sure how I feel about these. I really hope they don't think that just because some of us have been members for years that we deserve stat boosting items. I'm fine with cosmetic stuff and emotes, those are obviously irrelevant to anything training related. The ROFL emote actually looks good, emotes and such is the sort of things I want to see out of this update.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ForsakenMage
[ Display Name History ]

ForsakenMage

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 6,856 posts
  • RSN:ForsakenMage
  • RSN2:Pengew Ami
  • Clan:EoE

1 small question- do we get rewards for being members when the updtae goes live or only start getting them when updating membership after the update is live.

Only current members will receive enough Loyalty Points to immediately make the most of the new equipment slot. To take full advantage of this and all the other rewards available, subscribe today!

Doesn't that sort of contradict this:

Q. Will I get Loyalty Points for any previous membership?
A. Unfortunately not. I refer you back to the following example:

"If you made rewards so that a 9 year member wouldn't be able to instantly buy them all, then it would take 9+ years for anyone to get enough points which isn't ideal.

QFC: 16-17-354-62840865

Edited by ForsakenMage, 23 June 2011 - 06:48 PM.
QFC Copy fail >.<

Dark_Yeng
[ Display Name History ]

Dark_Yeng

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • RSN:Dark Yeng
  • Clan:Retired
Levitate and auras, me like it very much. :wub:

Can't wait!
Posted Image
2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).
2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

Viv
[ Display Name History ]

Viv

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,804 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
EMOTES!!!

tho a trailer like tat makes the gameseem aimed more as kids.

SomeNut
[ Display Name History ]

SomeNut

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 39 posts

"If you made rewards so that a 9 year member wouldn't be able to instantly buy them all, then it would take 9+ years for anyone to get enough points which isn't ideal.

QFC: 16-17-354-6284086

1. link comes up as dead for me
2. i dont think so because i think it means membership current as of the release date and not redeemed after release
if the world didn't suck, we'd all fly off into space
never have a battle of wits with a fool, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with expierience

Metaform
[ Display Name History ]

Metaform

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • RSN:Metaform
Hopefully one of these auras can be applied to my Chaotic Rapier to make it less of a boring wimpy stick that just happens to hit like a truck... :rolleyes:

Rather fun and harmless looking stuff, which is good. I'm hoping they never offer stat boosting items or skill levels, either for points or cash.

ForsakenMage
[ Display Name History ]

ForsakenMage

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 6,856 posts

Wall of Text

1. link comes up as dead for me
2. i dont think so because i think it means membership current as of the release date and not redeemed after release

Not sure why the stupid code didn't work. :\ QFC: 16-17-354-62840865

Edited by ForsakenMage, 23 June 2011 - 06:49 PM.
Edited in QFC tags. =p

Makoto_the_Phoenix
[ Display Name History ]

Makoto_the_Phoenix

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,997 posts
  • RSN:Makoto D

QFC: 16-17-354-62840865

Yes, but in the last two months alone, there have been far too many contradictory statements to take even official statements as literal fact. It's like treading through a waffle house (sorry, it's lunchtime and I'm hungry :( )

Anyway, interesting stuff. When I saw the new emotes I wasn't sure to laugh or curl up in a ball. It's all cosmetic though, but that's cool anyway.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Ezkaton
[ Display Name History ]

Ezkaton

#1 Bad Maxer

• Members
  • 2,387 posts
  • RSN:Ezkaton
Did anyone actually notice what the cannon was firing btw? I'm very interested by that...

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

ForsakenMage
[ Display Name History ]

ForsakenMage

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 6,856 posts

Did anyone actually notice what the cannon was firing btw? I'm very interested by that...

I didn't notice until the end of the clip there was the aura there too. I wonder if it applies with regular bolts and arrows as well. o.O Or with chinchompas... Oh god, glowing chichompas. XD

The Runar
[ Display Name History ]

The Runar

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,343 posts
  • RSN:The Runar
  • RSN '07:Old Runar

I'm quite sure I saw a cabbage :blink:

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
  • RSN:Rainy

Wow, who picked the music for that video?Posted Image

Either someone who doesn't care, someone who can't hear or someone who has no sense of musical beat whatsoever. :P
I'll buy the most useful aura/addition first, or the one I like the most depending on if ALL things in the shop are cosmetic.

Omnitec
[ Display Name History ]

Omnitec

Lord of the Dance

• Website Crew
  • 2,538 posts
  • RSN:Omni
I think the Cannon was firing a Karamanthulu at one point, or however it's spelt :P

Looks ok, but kind of annoying they made it look like an update then said "It's a video for next weeks update yaaaaay!" <_<

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

My_Eggs
[ Display Name History ]

My_Eggs

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,514 posts
Personally, I wouldn't mind if not all of the rewards were cosmetic. Nothing wrong with an aura making my C Rapier have the strength bonus of a C Maul. :razz:

I'll probably be getting an aura as my first item, then maybe an emote next month (or another aura assuming there are multiples).
99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,739 posts
  • RSN:SwreeTak
  • Clan:Arcane Chroniclers
I'm looking forward to this update very much now :D

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak