23-Jun-2011 - Introducing: the Members� Loyalty Programme!

Mil

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROFL and Levitate emotes for sure!!! Mostly the ROFL haha.

I wonder what the actual use of the auras will be and/or how powerful they will be.

I doubt this stuff will be tradeable. Also, I cant wait to see a bunch of people with auras right away instead of saving up for what I assume will be better ones.

From the way they phrased it if you don't get the aura when it's first available, the price will rise or something. Or maybe those with members as soon as these are released get a small bonus... It's not really clear lol.

2dgucz6.png

Wait so are you saying that if I already have membership and I don't have to renew it until July 11 I won't get any points until I renew it? Or would everyone who currently has membership be given points on the release.

Wait so are you saying that if I already have membership and I don't have to renew it until July 11 I won't get any points until I renew it? Or would everyone who currently has membership be given points on the release.

i think its any membership thats active at the time of release will get it

if the world didn't suck, we'd all fly off into space

never have a battle of wits with a fool, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with expierience

A few questions. How many auras are there going to be and how will they be stored? Will they each be individual items or will there be a case or something to hold them.

If its multiple items, how many bank spaces will jagex give us if any at all.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I'm interested in knowing if these rewards will have any significant impact on the game or if they will be purely aesthetic.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

I'm just going to save up my points for now. No point in rushing to buy something when you know they are going to release more stuff in the future. It's going to annoy me that I won't have all the emotes unlocked though. I just got all the holiday events caught up last Easter.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Just throwing this out there, but with all these "rewards to be earned" from loyalty, would having them be a requirement for completionists? :|

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

I'd say atleast the basic loyalty rewards would be thrown onto the Completionist requirements, you need to be p2p afterall to get the cape. Could be wrong though, you never know.

I'm more interested in seeing how overpowered or underpowered the aura's will be. Hopefully it won't be something massively game breaking adding a [developmentally delayed]ed bonus to everything.

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

What id really hate is something that say adds +10 str bonus for 10 minutes, but you can only use it 10 times (or something of the sort)

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Yea, like the boost from skillcapes (lame). I would really hate that. From the video I cannot tell whether or not it is activated immediately when you equip it or if it is activated by "using" it once it is equipped. I hope its a permanent bonus like an amulet, but I doubt myself in predicting things for RS anymore.

wessan.png

Just throwing this out there, but with all these "rewards to be earned" from loyalty, would having them be a requirement for completionists? :|

Well, there are emotes there ... ouch.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

hlf.png

No need to worry about that.

I thought that the auras would be a kind of glow around your character, instead of just carving "Ikea" on your weapons. Hopefully there will also be glow ones.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

hlf.png

No need to worry about that.

Isnt something my in-game avatar accomplishes huh? So its something my avatar gets for something I do IRL? Way to go Jagex, I just paid you real money in order to receive in-game benefits (items) rather than in-game opportunities (f2p vs p2p).

I know the microtransaction thread is going on, but I cannot allow blatant abuse of Jagex's own rules confirmed by a Jagex Mod go unnoticed.

Maybe when Jagex does it, its not illegal. I guess they took a play out of Richard Nixon's playbook on this one.

wessan.png

You are blowing things way out of [bleep]ing proportion, how pathetic, Wessan.

Out of all that's been said, all you take from it is "OMG MICRO TRANSACTIONS N0 WAI". Jesus christ when will that childish behaviour stop? LOYALTY REWARD FOR BEING A MEMBER; EACH MONTH GRANTS YOU CERTAIN POINTS THAT CAN BE SPENT ON USELESS IN-GAME VANITY ITEMS. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM. IT'S NOT FREE TORVA FOR BUYING MEMBERSHIP.

Most of you seem keen on beating the same dead horse over-and-over.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

^ What Carl said is right the whole micro transactions thing is a pointless arguement.

Ever played Gunbound or Maplestory or half of the MMORPG's out there? Theyre all F2p games that make money in an "item-store". The store sells useless vanity items to players, not huge stat boosting gear. This is basically the same thing.

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

Im not upset about the Loyalty Program. If all items are vanity, whatever, but it is still a transaction whether it is micro, minimal, or way out of proportion, which means it shouldnt be allowed unless Jagex changes their rules. Once again, I am not upset about the program or even that Jagex is doing it because I am excitied to see what I can get, as expressed by my post in the thread about the video Jagex released for the Loyalty Program. However, I still think they are breaking their own rule but saying its okay because they are doing it.

The only thing my post was doing was pointing out how Jagex has admitted to what they are doing, yet still maintains that real money transactions cannot/should not have in-game benefits. If they want a program giving items out for real money spent (no matter how small or how large of a difference they make), they should modify their rules.

wessan.png

Can you please (To save me the hassle :) ) direct me to their rules which state that they, themselves can't offer in-game bonuses for purchasing membership.

We see RWT, etc. But that applies to its players, not them.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

People got to remember that they are paying for the membership and get the loyalty points as bonus. Not the other way around.

Pretty much this.

You're not directly buying the points, you're buying membership so they give you those as a bonus. If they offered two ways to buy membership, one regular price with no points and one a little bit more with points, you could consider it buying the points. But right now you're just paying for membership.