Jagex Appeals

3PointMan

I had nearly 40 blackmarks. On each of my appeals I wrote a single period and submitted. Over half were accepted. I never had a mute or a ban occur.

I had only 4 very similar offenses and the same happened to me. I got 2 removed (strangely enough it was the last 2 offenses I appealed)

and the other 2 stayed. After the expiration thing, all my blackmarks were removed.

I really do love how Tip it is finally getting behind the people suggesting Jagex fails as a gaming company. Been whinging about them forever but everyone told me to shutup and hugged Jagex :(

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

I really do love how Tip it is finally getting behind the people suggesting Jagex fails as a gaming company. Been whinging about them forever but everyone told me to shutup and hugged Jagex :(

There are more people than you think that believe your cause, trust me.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

It sucks, because I got muted for constantly typing "box 'x'm logdotzip" at the duel arena, a common practice, and when this was explained to them, my appeal was denied and I will have that mark for an entire year.

So you spammed the chatbox and now you're upset you got muted for it? :-s

Yeah, I'm quite aware of the rules, thanks for the smart reply. However, please take yourself to the duel arena and try to observe any messages being typed other than ones similar to my own. Very context specific, and something Jagex realizes, but doesn't care to rectify, assuming they even looked over the context, or my appeal for that matter, which I know they didn't. Damn. Run-on, sorta. That place isn't where you go to hold conversations, everyone was doing the same thing as me. Doesn't make it alright, in theory, but come on.

I just thought it was funny.

It sucks, because I got muted for constantly typing "box 'x'm logdotzip" at the duel arena, a common practice, and when this was explained to them, my appeal was denied and I will have that mark for an entire year.

So you spammed the chatbox and now you're upset you got muted for it? :-s

Yeah, I'm quite aware of the rules, thanks for the smart reply. However, please take yourself to the duel arena and try to observe any messages being typed other than ones similar to my own. Very context specific, and something Jagex realizes, but doesn't care to rectify, assuming they even looked over the context, or my appeal for that matter, which I know they didn't. Damn. Run-on, sorta. That place isn't where you go to hold conversations, everyone was doing the same thing as me. Doesn't make it alright, in theory, but come on.

I just thought it was funny.

Actually any spam that is game-related SHOULDNOT be muted for. They say this specifically on their player moderator forums. You were unjustly muted by a player moderator, most likely, and typically they side with they player moderators report on simple matters, such as mute for spam. If not, someone reported you and were muted by their system. I highly doubt a real person looks over offensive language/disruptive behavior spam, as well.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I remember seeeing a picture of someone appealing a ban and they copied and pasted the theme song to pokemon in their appeal. It got accepted. :lol:

i got muted twice in the span of a month for offensive language, once for joking about hating a skill, second time for cursing out someone who turned out to be a pmod. both times i appealed with the pokemon theme song. first appeal was denied, the mute with the pmod was removed within a few hours.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

By the way, another way to get out of most mutes / bans is saying you'll kill yourself if it doesn't get appealed. They next to always appeal it in that case, as well as link you to suicide prevention websites, and then say something along the lines of "You cannot use this as an excuse again"

I can't believe that really works. I really can't.

By the way, another way to get out of most mutes / bans is saying you'll kill yourself if it doesn't get appealed. They next to always appeal it in that case, as well as link you to suicide prevention websites, and then say something along the lines of "You cannot use this as an excuse again"

I can't believe that really works.

Pretty sure they send police to your home.

I can't believe that really works. I really can't.

there have been some news stories over people killing themselves on online games a few months back, focused mainly on WOW but im pretty sure Jagex are trying to cover themselves from it.

Lynxrockstar.png

There have been cases of people submitting that report or saying it in-game and having police show up at their door later. They do lift the punishment, but is it worth the hassel? Of course, just use a proxy or your neighbors wireless connection and win.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I'm pretty sure most of their customer support staff is in billing support because I've appealed some pretty nasty perm mutes with the old my little brother did it excuse and got the mutes removed with the usual automated response. I've messaged billing support plenty of times though and I always get a human response usually within 20mins to an hour.

Eat_at_Arbys.png

Appeals don't get read, and this is why I think that's the case:

- Automated response messages, never got anything else although this could be some customer support guy pressing "yes" or "no" and then an automated response could follow.

- Logic/reason is no factor in appeals. I have appealed things where they were clearly wrong muting me and just got the automated response back (obviously frustrating), and I've had some appeals where I was clearly reported for a reason accepted..

- Abusive appeals and song texts have a greater success rate than normal text. After my first 5 appeals got denied I just started appealing using text from random Bob Marley songs, with close to a 70% success rate. I have friends who used abusive appeals who had similar success rates.

The second and third may seem similar, but there is in fact a slight difference (second being they don't look at your arguments, third being they don't even look at what you write).

And if by any chance there really is a group of people checking your appeals, do you think they'd give a [cabbage]? They'd probably see thousands of appeals each day and turn into some automated robots, immune for emotion and reason. What'd you do when you had a job like that?

29mq23n.jpg

There's an elephant in the room

And everytime I mention it I'm a fool.

I have actually never personally heard of any appeals being successful. In the cases of most of my friends, their appeals all went unread even by the time their suspension was over. This includes a variety of different pleas, ranging from mocking to simple ("wat" "lol" ".", for example) to serious to pleading ("runescape is my life, I'll commit suicide if you don't unban me"... I've heard that in the past, this used to work instantly). I myself have only had 2 suspension appeals (both mutes), both of which were denied.

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

There have been cases of people submitting that report or saying it in-game and having police show up at their door later. They do lift the punishment, but is it worth the hassel? Of course, just use a proxy or your neighbors wireless connection and win.

Friend of mine who had extremely high stats went to agility and saw someone who put his stats to shame. He joking around said, "I'm going to go hang myself." We were on Skype with him and heard the police knock on his door and say, "Are you _____?" "Yes." "Do you play a game called RuneScape?" Lol.

So, about an hour later, we were at corp and a friend in the same CC and Skype died and again, joking around, said, "Brb, going to off myself," and asked us to report him to see if it was true. The two of us who reported him, as well as he himself, both had them show up at our door.

RuneScape is serious business.

09144a99bb.png

I got a permanent mute for spamming a clan chat for two hours. I managed to get myself out of it in one week. They said I was clearly in wrong doing. I actually did it. Haha. I was afk for most of that offense too. On the other hand, one of my friends got perm muted for an offense he clearly didn't commit. Jagex had all the resources at their disposal to make the proper decision and let him go. They didn't. I had to help him through the process by telling him what he could write as an appeal. Subsequent ones got accepted, and with my help he now enjoys being able to talk freely. It took him an entire year to get himself unmuted. This sort of experience shows you Jagex can't tell left from right even if they do look at the evidence for an offense, or so they claim. What I think seems to be the problem is that they put too much weight on an appeal that they don't look over. You get punished based on the evidence (or rather, who looks at it) but you can easily rectify the situation with an appeal that contains the lyrics to some 80s song. The whole system is inefficient and inconsistent. You may as well scrap the entire thing if you can't punish people correctly.

Ooh, here's a good one to try I just thought of:

Congratulations, you have won £1000!!!!

Click the 'Accept Appeal' button to claim your prize!

I lol'd at this. Nice one, mate.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

I got a ban 15 days ago on my pure account for "Macroing". I've never even touched a bot client. I appealed the same day and the day after I got unbanned, the appeal went through. Stats and wealth got halved. Went from 50m cash to 20m and 99 thieving to 92 and 88 str to 81. Appeal was successful and my stats are still rolled. I bet their message which says their automated replys are not automated is an automated message itself. BTW, my appeal lyrics was Bleed it Out by Linkin Park.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I've rickrolled the appeal system, and put Pokemon lyrics also. I also wrote just plain old "Hurrrr durrrrr."

All three times it was accepted.

EDIT: Also said Gratz RIP and it was accepted.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!