[DevBlog] Development of the Mahjarrat

Mil

Sounds good. I'm all for upping requirements on quests, as long as Runecrafting isn't one of the ones that require any more than 80. I could handle upping the others, just not that.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scaling bosses makes sense for dungeoneering, but I wouldn't want it for a quest. I wouldn't want to get penalized by having a harder boss because I trained my stats more than someone else. I think a better solution would to be able to use skills to weaken the boss, but people who just want a hard boss don't have to bother using skills to weaken it first.

Hameigh.png

As a side note, I think Sliske will be the person who has only been touched upon that will play a greater role.

As much as I hope this is true, I don't think it's likely to happen. What exactly could a quest line purely focused on him (or any Mahjarrat for that matter) be about if it was post ritual?

Although it would be awesome if we could have a quest or two where we could actually experience and be a part of Sliske giving the Barrows brothers their powers and fighting alongside them by using a similar method to travel in time that we used in Meeting/Making History.

Sylpheed.png

As a side note, I think Sliske will be the person who has only been touched upon that will play a greater role.

As much as I hope this is true, I don't think it's likely to happen. What exactly could a quest line purely focused on him (or any Mahjarrat for that matter) be about if it was post ritual?

Although it would be awesome if we could have a quest or two where we could actually experience and be a part of Sliske giving the Barrows brothers their powers and fighting alongside them by using a similar method to travel in time that we used in Meeting/Making History.

Loads, as the dev blog clearly pointed out:

1) Not all mahjaratt are bad guys anyway

2) Only 1 is killed for the ritual

3) The ritual is a once in a lifetime event where they cross paths before returning to their own plots and plans.

In terms of story, as pointed out in dev blog is IMPOSSIBLE to finish them all off:

Akthanakos and Enkhara have their on going zamorak vs zaros feud

Azzandra has the restoring Zaros plot arc

Lucien has the becoming a god arc

Bilrach is up to something in the depths of daemonheim yet to be revealed

Hazeel is a great warlord who wants to recapture Ardougne as his own

Jhallan obviously can wander off and do good/evil if he survives the ritual in his hiding place.

Khazard is lurking in the shadow realm wanting revenge on the player and it seems viable the ritual will restore him

Zemouregal wishies to over-run varrock and probably hates us for stealing back Arrav's heart and thwarting him

Sliske, Wahisietel and Kharshai are all unrevealed but known to be alive and obvious could have stories.

Zamorak himself is a big mahjaratt storyline point and ties to the elves as well seemingly

And there's the 4 dead mahjaratt who could crop up in quests via flashbacks etc.

This quest is not gonna end the mahjratt, just tie up the heading north/ritual aspect thats been built up for ages.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'd love to see a hard-mode type deal with quests.

Finish the normal set of quests then have an option to redo them in hardmode for increased difficulty/rewards. It would take a ton of work on Jagex's part though.

Sliske, Wahisietel and Kharshai are all unrevealed but known to be alive and obvious could have stories.

Sliske has some plot regarding nex and that guthix spirit.

What a [bleep]ing let down what the [bleep]? The rewards sound nice. New mage gear (wont be as good as virtus, that would be undermine it being endgame gear) and range equipment useful in specific situation. Cool. The boss fight(s) in the latest installment of the longest and most anticipated quest line wont be harder than nomad, which wasnt even that hard (people with <100 combat have beaten nomad).

2/5 -_-

Edit: I cant believe what a let down this is. Number of monsters in runescape that have not been killed by a single person: 1.

Number of bosses that have not been killed without food: 1.

Number of bosses that have not been killed solo by someone <100 combat: 1.

Nah guys we dont need new high level bosses, the ones we have are hard enough!!1

What monster hasn't been soloed?

10xy5fk.png

Sliske has some plot regarding nex and that guthix spirit.

Wahisietel could be Ali the Wise.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I was hoping for a better range/mage curse prayer of the turmoil equivalent....it seems kind of inconsistent that the ancient curses are really only useful for melee, and this quest would probably be the perfect opportunity to incorporate new curses.

New range/mage equipment works too i guess, as long as its actually useful.

I was referring to the line "What's more, one major plotline - which has only really been touched on before - begins in earnest during this quest. You'll know what I mean when you play the quest"

In that the story of Sliske will be expanded during the quest, it's already been stated that he won't have his own quest but would appear in others. Sy covered the possibilty of post rotm storylines quite well so I don't think I need to repeat that.

Edit: Nex is the only one who hasn't been soloed I believe.

I don't think Sliske had a plan with Nex beyond having her freed in order to fight for Zaros, she seems like she would be too powerful for him to control although it's reasonable that he could be hoping to manipulate her. Working to free Nex seems to indicate to me that Sliske is in the pro Zaros camp as Nex was one of his greatest generals, this ties in well with the fact that he enhanced the Barrows brother's abilities which they were using to fight Zamorakian forces. Other than these two things, I can't think of anything which points to which faction (if any) Sliske would support.

Edit 2: Have just read Sliske's wiki page and the linked postbag and yeah, he does support Zaros.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

I don't think quest bosses need to have hardcore requirements well harder than nomad, I've put over 200 days into this game and not even half way to maxing out combat, so I think a 100-200 day req for a quest is insane, not to mention it wouldn't make sense for a quest to require like 83 fletching, 65 dung but then randomly require a maxed player to kill the boss.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

I don't think quest bosses need to have hardcore requirements well harder than nomad, I've put over 200 days into this game and not even half way to maxing out combat, so I think a 100-200 day req for a quest is insane, not to mention it wouldn't make sense for a quest to require like 83 fletching, 65 dung but then randomly require a maxed player to kill the boss.

Those aren't the requirements.

Post from Paul:

I'm the lead developer for the quest. Mod Chris L has done a fair bit too with various bits and pieces from other.

I'm not sure where the

83 Fletching

78 Woodcutting

65 Dungeoneering

have come from - I suspect they might be for a different quest.

QFC: 198-199-21-62917201. Page 4.

What a [bleep]ing let down what the [bleep]? The rewards sound nice. New mage gear (wont be as good as virtus, that would be undermine it being endgame gear) and range equipment useful in specific situation. Cool. The boss fight(s) in the latest installment of the longest and most anticipated quest line wont be harder than nomad, which wasnt even that hard (people with <100 combat have beaten nomad).

2/5 -_-

Edit: I cant believe what a let down this is. Number of monsters in runescape that have not been killed by a single person: 1.

Nah guys we dont need new high level bosses, the ones we have are hard enough!!1

I suppose that would be the FERRET OF DOOM!!!!! seeing as nex has been soloed...

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Good read. I'm looking forward to this quest mainly for the storyline. If the magic equipment is tradeable then I can imagine how expensive it's going to be. I doubt I'll be able to afford it for a little while at least.

j0xPu5R.png

2/5 -_-

I suppose that would be the FERRET OF DOOM!!!!! seeing as nex has been soloed...

At the time I posted that I was not aware that Nex had been solo'd, although to be fair that was abuse of a glitch lol :P

LOL