Jagex should re-release rares

Da Pirates

3. There's no proper method of doing it

They could just insert phats into the grand exchange. And no-one would notice it.

The markets would notice it in no time due exponentally increased "sniped" phats. If it was done in small scale, it would only cause a small dip and panic and that's about it; nothing like the topic starter was dreaming about. If it was large scale, it would just cause things I listed above.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think limited items is the answer as this would just be repeating the cycle. One thing to consider would be high level, untradeable items that require lots of time/effort to get.

^Hence Chaotics. Look for such a continuing trend with alot of high level gear in the future.

I think they should, but not until a month before a confirmed RS3 where everyone has to start fresh.

RS3? Yes.

Starting fresh? ABSOLUTELY NOT. If you want to see groups of people really quit en masse, that would be the way to go. I surely would.

wessan.png

If they made an rs3 where you start fresh, they'd leave rs2 the way it is, similar to classic. Except you couldn't transfer your account over.

Some of you need to accept that your time spent on this game is completely meaningless. If Jagex is going to ever going to release RS3 and expect it to be successful, they can't expect new players to have to play catchup against the multi-year vets especially when the game has already been around for this long.

If the idea of a new game and new sense of adventure (I'd say I had the most fun on RS when I was a complete noob) don't outweigh the false happiness caused by a dopamine release in your brain every time you get that level, you should spend less time on the game.

Though as someone else has mentioned, RS3 will probably be much like RS1 to RS2 if that ever happens. I'd prefer to start from the beginning... you know when skills were actually useful. But that's just me. I've already come to terms with the X time I've spent on this game -> meaningless.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

Some of you need to accept that your time spent on this game is completely meaningless. If Jagex is going to ever going to release RS3 and expect it to be successful, they can't expect new players to have to play catchup against the multi-year vets.

Why do they have to play catchup? What about the players joining today that are potentially almost 10 years behind some players.

clansig7.gif

WTF, my alt is named Nash.

So people make skillers and other stuff to game the system.

I tried to snipe that off you when you changed it for a month :shades: Mines Nashville. You never get on it gimme the name pl0xz :P

If RS3 came out and it was more like the other MMORPG's out there (LOTRO, WoW, Rift, Etc) I wouldnt want to start at lvl 3, but I probably would make a new account anyways to experience all the new things.

But rs3 is never coming out so no point in discussing it :(

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

Some of you need to accept that your time spent on this game is completely meaningless. If Jagex is going to ever going to release RS3 and expect it to be successful, they can't expect new players to have to play catchup against the multi-year vets.

Why do they have to play catchup? What about the players joining today that are potentially almost 10 years behind some players.

I think they're all mostly botting.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

The people who have been playing for 10 years and most likely beginning to quit, which gives the chance for someone else to take over their spot on the highscores. You can join today and in acouple years be near the top, assuming you play efficiently and consistantly. And a lot of people are bottign too :P!

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

First off, hohto: =D> I was going to same something very similar, but you beat me to it.

The idea of "re-releasing" rares has been suggested more times than you could possibly imagine. It typically comes come from a "If I cannot have it, then neither should you" mentality.

Basically, they seem to get upset if every single item in the game is not easy for the average mid level player to obtain.

Even before "rares" existed, a similar situation existed with items that could only be smithed. Blue typically created items for her friends, and not with the general public in mind. When she did release an item to the public in large, she usually put a fairly hefty price on them.

I believe she stated that she wanted to keep them in limited supply. Simply put, if they where common, they would be less desirable as everybody would have them.

Personally, I do not see an issue. They should be left alone. There should be items in the game that are extremely expensive, or otherwise limited (yes, even tradable ones!)

For those of you arguing about wanting a money sink, here is what you do:

1) Put a shop in the deepest parts of the wilderness for just 1 week. Surround it by high level monsters as well, so there is an active threat coming from both player killers and monsters alike.

2) Place around 5 brand new, purely cosmetic (but tradable) items in said shop. On each item, place a 100 million gp price tag, and limit the amount of each item obtainable to just 10,000 each.

With that... 5 trillion GP would be removed from the game in 1 week. This would substantially lower the price on everything in RuneScape. Instead of touching the existing rares, you effectively take advantage of peoples desires for limited items to benefit the game as a whole.

1) Put a shop in the deepest parts of the wilderness for just 1 week. Surround it by high level monsters as well, so there is an active threat coming from both player killers and monsters alike.

2) Place around 5 brand new, purely cosmetic (but tradable) items in said shop. On each item, place a 100 million gp price tag, and limit the amount of each item obtainable to just 10,000 each.

With that... 5 trillion GP would be removed from the game in 1 week. This would substantially lower the price on everything in RuneScape. Instead of touching the existing rares, you effectively take advantage of peoples desires for limited items to benefit the game as a whole.

Insofar as money sinks go, you could place a shop in Varrock and it would have a much greater effect (ease of access => more use).

You're right in the sense that players have to have something valuable to put their cash into. But the question that'd better asked would be, does it have to just be expensive or just in short supply?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I remember how PISSED I was when I picked up my bunny ears and found out I couldnt trade them lol :P

The point made about item prices only "decreasing in price unless it is only obtainable for a limited amount of time" is a good one.

Maybe they should release more limited items?

Like that detectives outfit you got if you did the stupid event that week (wish i had :()

I know you cant trade that outfit but something along those lines would be interesting to see.

They dont wanna create instant wealth to a lucky few thats why they said they would never create a rare again.

Climbing Boots.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Picture this even;

-A store that sells both cosmetic and actually useful gear

-Everything costs between 100m-2bil

-None of the stuff is tradeable once you buy it.

Sink hole created. If people want "the best" they can buy it, but not with the mindset of ever having that cash back.

EDIT: thatd actually be a quick way to release more gear into the game AND remove gold. Make quests (grandmasters maybe) that unluck special stores that allow you to buy these expensive yet still untradeable items.

nashv.png

Picture this even;

-A store that sells both cosmetic and actually useful gear

-Everything costs between 100m-2bil

-None of the stuff is tradeable once you buy it.

Sink hole created. If people want "the best" they can buy it, but not with the mindset of ever having that cash back.

EDIT: thatd actually be a quick way to release more gear into the game AND remove gold. Make quests (grandmasters maybe) that unluck special stores that allow you to buy these expensive yet still untradeable items.

Then people would complain making the new items trade-able within 2 months of the initial release.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

They can suck it up. If they want the best of the best gear they have to pay for it.

In WoW youll pay a [cabbage]load for your gear and never see dime of it afterwards cause its "bind on equip"

I hate bringing wow into it but its true.

nashv.png

Insofar as money sinks go, you could place a shop in Varrock and it would have a much greater effect (ease of access => more use).

You're right in the sense that players have to have something valuable to put their cash into. But the question that'd better asked would be, does it have to just be expensive or just in short supply?

While true that placing it in Varrock would have a greater effect, I suggested the Wilderness for a few reasons:

1) It adds an element of danger. Both rare+dangerous = increased desirability.

2) A high chance of death means more items and GP are removed from the game. While many will be picked up, inevitably some will disappear.

3) Since quantities would be limited to 10,000 per item, placing it in the Wilderness helps to prevent shops from selling out almost instantly. Though a very slow shop spawn could also accomplish this.

Whether in the Wilderness or Varrock, as long as they where made tradable people would purchase them. Both to show off, as well as a future investment. Since it is a limited item, it will inevitably be expensive anyways unless it was made untradable. By making it both (expensive+limited), you increase desirability of the item as well as removing large amounts of gold from the game.