28-Jun-2011 - Members� Loyalty Programme � Now Available!

Michael

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got Call of the Sea also since I'm probably not going to be fighting up until the month I get the 5000 point bonus.

Also got the cheapo outfit, plan to buy the others next month...

The poh costume storage will only store one of them, and it'll automatically revert that one to the default colors, so...darn you jagex

For all of yall silly people wondering, the replenishment of your points is not dependent on when your membership month ends, but when you started the loyalty programme. If it worked any other way, it would be somewhat unfair to everybody else that you got 3000 points and then proceeded to buy up all of the specials at once.

8f14270694.jpg

It does depend on when you membership started hence the (fixed no i believe) bug where people where subscribing via credit card and cancelling repeatedly and getting 500 credits each time.

Plus as jagex covered in the QAs etc overtime peoples renew dates will shift depending on when they drop membership/reget it.

Eg if you subscribe on 1st august for the first time your next points come 1st september. Only reason we allll have 28th july atm is because we all started the scheme on the 28th june

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Come to think of it, i see a positive thing with Auras. It's less work for the player. It's probably unfair, but if you could get them in-game i bet it would create more grind which is also bad.

Just an idea but I'd really like it if the promotional items such as the Katana were offered as part of the Loyalty program so that it could become available for all members. Since it seems obvious that Jagex are going to do more promotional items I feel that if they were all offered as loyalty rewards as well there really wouldn't be any need to complain about Jagex only offering exclusives to certain people.

Just an idea but I'd really like it if the promotional items such as the Katana were offered as part of the Loyalty program so that it could become available for all members. Since it seems obvious that Jagex are going to do more promotional items I feel that if they were all offered as loyalty rewards as well there really wouldn't be any need to complain about Jagex only offering exclusives to certain people.

Yes that is a fair point and I half expected for the katana to be in the shop on release day. However it is unlikely they would do that before their promotion with GameStop ends so after that we will see.

TSGsignaturev2.png

"I think that if the devil doesn't exist, then man has created him. He has created him in his own image and likeness." ~Dostoyevsky

I'm disapointed. The aura doesn't change when you equip a scythe. It just keeps glowing around your hand and that's it. <_<

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I'm disapointed. The aura doesn't change when you equip a scythe. It just keeps glowing around your hand and that's it. <_<

It does that for most 2h weapons (the ones I had in my bank anyway) like chaotic maul, golden hammer...

How hard is it for them to make an effect that just travels the surface of the object? All of the auras make it look like they made a separate one for each stance.

Honestly I've been hoping for an Ice Barrage that actually covers the entire target but the weird [cabbage] that auras do killed my hope... :(

2dgucz6.png

Signed up yesterday. I don't know what to buy with my initial points. Probably reverence just because it is an aura that is decreased in price dramatically.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

It does that for most 2h weapons (the ones I had in my bank anyway) like chaotic maul, golden hammer...

How hard is it for them to make an effect that just travels the surface of the object? All of the auras make it look like they made a separate one for each stance.

They kinda had to. From what I know about programming and 3D*, if they actually wrote the code necessary to have particles that follow the surface of an object, which wouldn't be too difficult, the effect would be rather processor-intensive, especially considering you'd need many particles for the effect to look nice, and the surfaces of newer weapons are quite detailed. The result would be something that's moderately simple to program, but would lag like hell for most players, especially if more than one person is holding a weapon with an aura. In other words, it's another one of the things you can add to Jagex's long list of things that they can do in their videos, but can't provide to players anytime soon.

Other things on this list include the detailed water and waves from their dungeoneering video, and the real reflections in a mirror in their auras preview video. Things that aren't too hard to program, but wouldn't give even half-decent framerates to be an acceptable tradeoff for the effect.

That's why, instead, they bother their graphics team to make several models of "outlines" for various weapon classes, and get the programmers to just set up a nice animated texture for these effects. But then they're lazy, and rather than manually selecting weapons to use a given glow outline model, they make them use models based on the wielding animation of the item, with only some items getting specific treatment (e.g. practically anything held the same way as a sword got the sword glow effect, but longswords and some dragon weapons got preferential treatment). So you can't blame them for not doing what you suggested, but you can still blame them for not equipping a damned dagger and seeing their goof before releasing the update :P

(*which is a decent bit by now, especially considering I got a 5 on my AP Computer Science exam, and I've use Blender 3D for over a year and lurked the Blender game development forums a bit)

skillgoal99fakingunderb.png

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)