30-Jun-2011 Introducing: Clan Citadels

SirHartlar

Weve seen some huge updates this year but, on July 26 2011, we eclipse them all as we reach for the skies and unleash our biggest update of the year so far: Clan Citadels!

Floating high above the land of Gielinor, your clan citadel will be your clans stronghold; your training ground; your home.

Working together, youll gather the resources and materials needed to build and maintain your realm, with tiered progression. Enjoy the fruits of your labour as you proudly watch your Citadel grow to become ever grander.

A huge range of customisation options will make your clans citadel truly unique; allowing you to reflect the values you hold dear and demonstrate to the world exactly what you and your clan stand for.

Your mighty fortress will not only be your home, but also a proving ground within which you and your clan-mates can gather resources and learn to work and fight as one, whether its for future battles or just to prove that youre the greatest clan in the game!

Clan citadels will be a members only update, available to clans with five or more subscribing players, from July 26. Until then, check out this mouth-watering concept art to see just what is on, or above, the horizon.

There's a wealth of information coming very soon, including more details of how youll be able to customise your citadel and a few huge surprises. Watch the skies!

The RuneScape Team

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds good; seems to essentially be a communal poh.

Guessing settings will control who can build/remove elements/areas and then another level for who can build/remove furnishings and presumably all members can gather resources

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Your mighty fortress will not only be your home, but also a proving ground within which you and your clan-mates can gather resources and learn to work and fight as one, whether its for future battles or just to prove that youre the greatest clan in the game!

LOL

Sounds like an interesting idea really. I remember this being suggested so many times before and didn't think it would actually become a future update.

Only time will tell I guess, but the only thing I tend to see with clan updates are people who make "clans" just for the sake of the features attached to them - not being actual clans themselves.

j0xPu5R.png

OH HOW EXPLOITABLE!

Seriously I cant wait to see all the terrible bugs Jagex is going to unleash upon us with this :thumbsup:

Namely the bug that causes giant castles to float in the skies, while at the same time, can be appreciated despite its flaws.

I dunno, this update looks pretty cool. It'd have more use if it were used for different content (minigames, player-owned areas, etc), but it's definitely an interesting looking piece of content.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

QUITE excited to see how this turns out :)

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

Weve seen some huge updates this year but, on July 26 2011, we eclipse them all as we reach for the skies and unleash our biggest update of the year so far: Clan Citadels!

Biggest as in biggest new addition to landmass? Or biggest as in what they consider to be one of the biggest and best updates this year.... If the latter then dear God help us all...

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

We've seen some huge updates this year

I must be blind or something.

I'm blind too or my sense of "big updates" is M.I.A.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I would have hoped that something like this would be similar to a Guild vs Guild war where the current owner of the clan citadel gets a special unique reward while owning it. Similar to WoE in Ragnarok Online (if that still even exists).

I've never seen Sixth Sense nor Inception nor many other popular movies and I intend to keep it that way.

I'd imagine it will be like WoW clans, where you'll level up and gain perks for being in the clan. The higher level the clan, the more perks you have access to. I think that would be a nice addition, if it's implemented well.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!