• Bisexuality
    • Asexuality
    • Confused

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an atheist, heterosexual Caucasian.

I'm guessing I'll fit in quite well here.

You'd fit in pretty well in most of the internet just by being atheist.

You forgot Agnostic... I don't consider myself atheist. Caucasian, if you'd have put white I would have said other... Prolly Jedi, as something like 0.2% of the US population did put that in 2000's census.

Hrm.. If anybody does tally up age/country etc: I'm 17, from the US... And I'm female, which would be fun to count up how badly we're outnumbered here.

Agnostic is an adjective, you'd either be agnostic atheist or agnostic theist.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I must say, looking at the possible answers, that it looks like you've just looked up religions on wikipedia and picked the ones that sound cool. Some of those religions have been out for over a millennia now, and some are kept to their countries of origin and so are extremely unlikely to be represented by people on the net.

I'm an atheist, heterosexual Caucasian.

I'm guessing I'll fit in quite well here.

You'd fit in pretty well in most of the internet just by being atheist.

To be honest I class myself as being more of a secular humanist but since humanism rejects the supernatural I guess that would also put me into the bracket of 'atheism'.

The people who go around the 'net saying religious people are [developmentally delayed]s though, I want nothing to do with. I didn't happen to like the Transformers film but I'm not going to say anyone who did deserves shooting or something. I think they're the reason atheists feel so dirty about using the word to describe themselves, even though technically it's true that they are.

Scientology is not a religion. Why put that, as well as some other religions which is it very likely people people here, on an English speaking forum will not be part of and miss things like agnostic off?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Scientology is not a religion. Why put that, as well as some other religions which is it very likely people people here, on an English speaking forum will not be part of and miss things like agnostic off?

Some people still believe in ridiculous things and it is classed as a religion.

It isn't in most of the world. I refuse to see it as a religion. It is a cult, full stop. I actually find it offensive to be recognised next to religions.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Caucasian, Athiest and Heterosexual, that's about enough information to narrow me down to, I don't know, say 3/4 of the internet.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

I must say, looking at the possible answers, that it looks like you've just looked up religions on wikipedia and picked the ones that sound cool. Some of those religions have been out for over a millennia now, and some are kept to their countries of origin and so are extremely unlikely to be represented by people on the net.

I've just gone for the biggest world religions, with exceptions in places where I feel the religions overlap. Caodaiism, for example, is a big religion in Vietnam and Vietnamese communities abroad, which are especially large in the USA. The same applies to Rastafarianism and others on the list. Ommitting them because it's "unlikely" defeats the object of a census; if no one is a Caodai, then at least we know that nobody is, because it's still there as an option. This way the census is more inclusive and gives us a clearer idea of the demographics of the forum.

Virtually all Scientologists are American, so including it on a US/Eurocentric forum makes quite a lot of sense. Agnositicism, on the other hand, is not a religion, and so including it makes far less sense, as is stated in the FAQ.

It isn't in most of the world. I refuse to see it as a religion. It is a cult, full stop. I actually find it offensive to be recognised next to religions.

But it has over 10,000 followers - estimates at number of Scientologists are never lower than 50,000 - and so it is a religion. Cults are only cults if they have under 10,000 followers, full stop. Just because you or I find it foolish doesn't mean that listing it as a religion - nothing more than an obective truth - is "offensive".

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

But it has over 10,000 followers - estimates at number of Scientologists are never lower than 50,000 - and so it is a religion. Cults are only cults if they have under 10,000 followers, full stop. Just because you or I find it foolish doesn't mean that listing it as a religion - nothing more than an obective truth - is "offensive".

The issue I take with scientology is that L. Ron Hubbard is quoted as saying

"You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion."

Scientology is not organic, its synthetic. To an atheist this might be difficult to comprehend, but when the creator of your religion is quoted as saying "The only way you can control anybody is to lie to them," you don't have a religion, you have a gimmick.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Heterosexual

I put Asian (Chinese), but I'm also Italian and Welsh

Christian (Catholic), but my mom thinks I'm atheist because I acknowledge evolution as fact and support gay rights

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Dunno, it seems like two different races to me.

220px-Chavez141610-2.jpg245px-George-W-Bush.jpeg

Besides, there's the issue of self-identification. We usually call ourselves Mestizos way more often than Caucasians.

But anyway. :razz:

Caucasian

Homosexual

Athiest.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

The reason Caucasian has a stupidly large majority is due to the amount of races you lumped into it; if you at least gave Hispanic as an option, there would be some more variety. Why give Turkic and Persian a separate option when Hispanics would be, I would imagine at least, more common?

Also:

Caucasian

Atheist

Heterosexual.

The Catholic church is considered the richest corporation in the world.

What makes either one more of a religion then the other (besides age?)

Lol by who? And does someone actually have a verified source on that?

By the way, I wonder how much money is in the pope's bank account?

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Dunno, it seems like two different races to me.

220px-Chavez141610-2.jpg245px-George-W-Bush.jpeg

Besides, there's the issue of self-identification. We usually call ourselves Mestizos way more often than Caucasians.

But anyway. :razz:

Caucasian

Homosexual

Athiest.

Granted they look different, but technically hispanics are either white European, native (Central and South) American, or a mix of the two. Thing is, in USA we don't call half (Norhthern) native-half white people a new race, why should the Spanish speaking people be?

Mine:

Caucasian
Heterosexual
Atheist

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

What makes either one more of a religion then the other (besides age?)

Well, the Catholic Church doesn't charge a membership fee. The way they were founded is another difference. This is probably better suited to another thread.

Back on topic:

Age would be more interesting, less controversial. Home country too. I feel like those define a person more than their ethnicity.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I think there was a thread over in RS General or something that was attempting to get all fifty states represented by forum members. I know I was on the list for WI. I have not seen the thread in a really long time.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Caucasian, semi-atheist, asexual.

I believe in a higher power, but not as a god - more like another race which is sufficiently advanced to be like gods to us (it's hard to explain). I also believe in some kind of rebirth.

Scientology is not organic, its synthetic.

All religions are effectively synthetic.

Any religion set up in today's world, irrespective of beliefs, is going to have to start the way Scientology did because of the capitalist society we live in. The world is so radically different to that of 2,000 years ago that comparisons for setting up religions can't really be drawn.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I think there was a thread over in RS General or something that was attempting to get all fifty states represented by forum members. I know I was on the list for WI. I have not seen the thread in a really long time.

I remember that thread. Can't remember if it ever got completed or not.

tFtfA.jpg

I believe in a higher power, but not as a god - more like another race which is sufficiently advanced to be like gods to us (it's hard to explain). I also believe in some kind of rebirth.

You mean the kind of theme Gene Roddenberry explores in the Star Trek series, where 'gods' are repeatedly exposed as frauds who make other races feel as though they are gods in order to maintain power?

Because Gene was an atheist. No semi- about it.

Also, interesting that more people have identified themselves as bisexual than completely homosexual. It would appear to validate the theory that sexuality is more like a spectrum, rather than simply "straight" and "not straight".

Edited by Ginger_Warrior